It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University student disciplined after saying veganism is wrong and gender fluidity is stupid

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Consvoli

Smart Kid , He should Graduate with Honors .

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The problem, of course, is that this only goes one direction.

If a student said eating meat was wrong or that gender conformity was stupid, they would face no such discipline.

The UK is of course where you can get arrested for praying.

And don't worry, members from the UK. I'm not just bashing you. Whatever communist bull# you guys are dealing with, the US isn't usually far behind.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

All I was saying was that the meme didn't tell the whole story. Usually minors are given more leeway no matter what the charges are. The meme didn't tell the whole story, I never said that the charges were right or wrong.

Might want to get off your high horse. I think he should have gotten more than he did! Doesn't change the fact that the meme makes it sound a lot worse than it actually was.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ImagoDei

Nothing like defending rape.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Consvoli

This is going on much more, but never reported.

Free speech died years ago.

I agree.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
The problem, of course, is that this only goes one direction.

If a student said eating meat was wrong or that gender conformity was stupid, they would face no such discipline.

The UK is of course where you can get arrested for praying.

And don't worry, members from the UK. I'm not just bashing you. Whatever communist bull# you guys are dealing with, the US isn't usually far behind.

The UK has had a right wing government since 2010.

Labelling this as communism is at least bizarre.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 03:24 AM
link   
“The fascism of tomorrow will never say ‘I am Facism’. It will say: ‘I am anti-Facism’
Ignazio Silone

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter2
“The fascism of tomorrow will never say ‘I am Facism’. It will say: ‘I am anti-Facism’
Ignazio Silone

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ImagoDei
a reply to: watchitburn

The guy on the right got 2 years prison (suspended) on top of 180 hours of community service, he was a minor at the time, the other 3 people involved got much harsher sentences ranging from 5 1/2 years up to 18 years in prison.

You're misinformed. It took me literally 5 minutes to research your post and find out it is false, something you never bothered to do apparently. Sad.

How the hell do you turn a meme about three people into four? Kind of says it all. And do you know the definition of “suspended”? Post isn’t false sparky. Yeah, sad indeed🙄

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 04:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: ImagoDei
a reply to: watchitburn

The guy on the right got 2 years prison (suspended) on top of 180 hours of community service, he was a minor at the time, the other 3 people involved got much harsher sentences ranging from 5 1/2 years up to 18 years in prison.

You're misinformed. It took me literally 5 minutes to research your post and find out it is false, something you never bothered to do apparently. Sad.

How the hell do you turn a meme about three people into four? Kind of says it all. And do you know the definition of “suspended”? Post isn’t false sparky. Yeah, sad indeed🙄

The were 4 people involved in the case the meme is referencing, 3 of whom got custodial sentences. The kind if context and detail that is missed in these kind of memes.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So he is in the supposed privacy of his own room, and says something and is threatened with expulsion?

I mean in reality, how long is it going to be before our TV's do this to us? or our phones?

"The older I get, the less the threat of prison is a deterrent."

At this rate, 10 years from now, prisons won't be filled with hardened criminals. Just people who "think" wrong.
(according to the 2nd poster's post).

Scary isn’t it but here we are. Orwellian to say the least.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

The were 4 people involved in “the” case

Okay, not to be overly picky but isn’t this 3 or 4 different cases? Who are the three people that this poster is claiming got 5 1/2 - 18 yrs? Have I missed something🤷‍♂️. ….and again there’s only three people in the meme the poster is addressing. One who got no prison time.

the other 3 people involved got much harsher sentences ranging from 5 1/2 years up to 18 years in prison.

edit on 24-4-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

The were 4 people involved in “the” case

Okay, not to be overly picky but isn’t this 3 or 4 different cases? Who are the three people that this poster is claiming got 5 1/2 - 18 yrs? Have I missed something🤷‍♂️. ….and again there’s only three people in the meme the poster is addressing. One who got no prison time.

the other 3 people involved got much harsher sentences ranging from 5 1/2 years up to 18 years in prison.

The meme references 3 different cases to make its point.

What is missing is that in the third case where it says there was no prison time for rape there were 4 people charged with various offences. The 3 found guilty of rape all got custodial sentences. The person named was convicted of sexual assault (2 charges I think) and got a suspended sentence. This was based I believe on his age and that he was influenced by the other 3.

It's open to discussion if the sentence was appropriate or not (I think not).

However the meme is missing key details and exaggerating to make it's point.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 06:05 AM
link   

What is your opinion on what the student said and how the university responded.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli

My opinion is we have only heard one side of the story.

The event happened 6 years ago and it's only now he has decided to take it to a news paper. It's also clear from even his version that it isnt as straightforward as the headline makes out.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Ahhh okay, thx for the clarity.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: BedevereTheWise

The event happened 6 years ago and it's only now he has decided to take it to a news paper. It's also clear from even his version that it isnt as straightforward as the headline makes out.

What is wrong with saying gender fluidity is stupid or veganism is nonsense. And I meant publicly and not as part of a private phone conversation.

How this story could be different in your view.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   

What is wrong with saying gender fluidity is stupid or veganism is nonsense. And I meant publicly and not as part of a private phone conversation.

The story is he was disciplined for saying those things.

We only have his version that is what happened.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Let's say it's correct.
There are many other stories similar to this one. Expressing your views gets you fired or disciplined.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Let's say it's correct.
There are many other stories similar to this one. Expressing your views gets you fired or disciplined.

And the majority are similarly one sided version.

Legally employers or educational establishments would be very shakey ground providing any details of
disciplinary action.

If he was disciplined for saying those things on a private call I would say that is completely wrong. I am also sceptical that is what actually happened.

edit on 24-4-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join