It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University student disciplined after saying veganism is wrong and gender fluidity is stupid

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

University of Exeter reportedly threatened to expel a philosophy student after he was overheard in his room saying veganism is wrong and gender fluidity is “stupid”.

Robert Ivinson claimed he was formally disciplined after a student next door in his halls of residence reported his comments as offensive and “transphobic”.

Mr Ivinson told the Mail on Sunday newspaper that he was hauled before university officials and put on a “behavioural contract” for the remainder of his studies over remarks made during a private phone call to a friend.

These stories can't get any better!

Having a private conversation over the phone it's a risky business because if you are unlucky and someone hears what you are saying then you could be disciplined by the University you are attending or even expelled from your studies because you don't have the 'correct' views.

People are getting offended when you say you don't agree with veganism and there are only two genders.
edit on 23-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Consvoli

That sounds about right for the UK. He's lucky they didn't charge him with a hate crime.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

That sounds about right for the UK. He's lucky they didn't charge him with a hate crime.

Did this guy really receive just 180 hours of community service for the rape of a 12-year old girl?

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Four words advise caution: Telegraph, Mail, reportedly, claimed.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:03 PM
link   
So he is in the supposed privacy of his own room, and says something and is threatened with expulsion?

I mean in reality, how long is it going to be before our TV's do this to us? or our phones?

"The older I get, the less the threat of prison is a deterrent."

At this rate, 10 years from now, prisons won't be filled with hardened criminals. Just people who "think" wrong.
(according to the 2nd poster's post).

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasicResearchMethods

Roger that!

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So he is in the supposed privacy of his own room, and says something and is threatened with expulsion?

I mean in reality, how long is it going to be before our TV's do this to us? or our phones?

At this rate, 10 years from now, prisons won't be filled with hardened criminals. Just people who "think" wrong.

Depends on what the threshold of bs is in our society.

I would say until people say enough is enough.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Honestly, they have that ability now. Its just that they don't want to get you yet.

Alexa, take me to prison.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The school system is horrible and they protect those who they know will cause trouble. Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Four more words: outrage, bait, traffic, revenue

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Is the Telegraph telling lies or some unpleasant truth

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:35 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

'It was like the Stasi has come to my door': Woke Exeter University bangs on student's door and threatens him with expulsion after he is overheard saying... 'veganism is wrong'
He doesn't look pleased.
edit on 23-4-2024 by bluemooone44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:35 PM
link   

yes

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone44
www.dailymail.co.uk...

'It was like the Stasi has come to my door': Woke Exeter University bangs on student's door and threatens him with expulsion after he is overheard saying... 'veganism is wrong'
He doesn't look pleased.

From your link

He was warned he could be expelled if the university thought he had done anything else wrong, and told by letter he had been found guilty of harassment

Harassment?!

This is a joke!

They harassed him and threatened him with expulsion from the course.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

The guy on the right got 2 years prison (suspended) on top of 180 hours of community service, he was a minor at the time, the other 3 people involved got much harsher sentences ranging from 5 1/2 years up to 18 years in prison.

You're misinformed. It took me literally 5 minutes to research your post and find out it is false, something you never bothered to do apparently. Sad.
edit on 23-4-2024 by ImagoDei because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli

Am I telling lies or some unpleasant truth? Those four words are more common every day. Telegraph or not.

He was never going to get a job with that philosophy degree regardless. Now he's forced to reconsider his career options and do something smart with his money.

edit on 23-4-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli

Am I telling lies or some unpleasant truth? Those four words are more common every day. Telegraph or not.

He was never going to get a job with that philosophy degree regardless. Now he's forced to reconsider his career options and do something smart with his money.

You want to start another conversation on the career prospects of this guy trying to justify what the university threaten to do?

It doesn't look like he was expelled.

The story looks genuine and it's one of the many you can find everywhere. Twenty years ago you wouldn't be able to find a similar story because the world was more rational.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 06:28 PM
link   

This is going on much more, but never reported.

Free speech died years ago.

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ImagoDei

The guy on the right got 2 years prison (suspended) on top of 180 hours of community service, he was a minor at the time, the other 3 people involved got much harsher sentences ranging from 5 1/2 years up to 18 years in prison.

You're misinformed. It took me literally 5 minutes to research your post and find out it is false, something you never bothered to do apparently. Sad.

So you are saying the meme was incorrect because it says that Al-soaimi did 180 hours of community service and served no prison time?

The prison time was suspended.

Which means he spent no time in prison.

As you actually pointed out.

Which is exactly what the meme says.

He was also accused of raping another girl that was age 12.

I'm aware that as a leftist you are quite fine with a 12 or 13 year old girl getting raped.

But if you are attempting to gatekeep the subject at least be factual about it.

/golfclap

ETA... you were correct on him being a minor at the time he broke the law...

-Hamoud Al-Soaimi, of Byker, who was 15 at the time, was convicted of three counts of sexual assault and assaulting a child under 13 by penetration. He walked free from court after being given a two-year suspended sentence.

Linky

When he was convicted he was 21.

So I guess everything is OK then.

edit on 100000004America/Chicago4pmTue, 23 Apr 2024 21:07:37 -050007 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2024 @ 07:32 PM
link   

That sounds about right for the UK.

Because nothing like that ever happens in the US or anywhere else.....

Some of those US universities have got the woke far, far worse than anything we've seen this side of the pond.

Won't even begin to defend our judicial system and the ludicrous sentences passed out to nonces etc.

<<   2  3 >>

join