It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Diversity Officer Accused of 40 Counts of Plagiarism

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Another high level black female at Harvard accused of 40 counts of plagiarism.
I wonder if she'll be forced to resign .. as would be proper.
I wonder if she'll scream 'racism' too.

Harvards Diversity Officer Accused of Plagiarism

Harvard University’s chief diversity and inclusion officer has been hit with dozens of plagiarism allegations tied to her academic work — including one claim she failed to properly cite her own husband’s study.

The Ivy League school was handed an anonymous complaint on Monday listing at least 40 examples of alleged plagiarism by Sherri Ann Charleston dating back to 2009 — a decade before she joined Harvard, the Washington Free Beacon reported.

The allegations, which include failing to properly cite other scholars’ work and not referencing them in footnotes, come just weeks after Harvard University president Claudine Gay resigned from her top post after becoming embroiled in a scandal over charges that she plagiarized work and her handling of antisemitism on campus.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

perhaps she can just get a "do over" like the other lady.

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Isn't stealing still against the law?

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The corporation initially rallied behind Gay, saying a review of her scholarly work turned up “a few instances of inadequate citation” but no evidence of research misconduct. The allegations of plagiarism continued to surface through December and Gay resigned this month.

abcnews.go.com...

Seems like a nothing burger, but it is sparking a new debate on what exactly constitutes plagiarism.

Just google 'the blurred lines of (fill in the blank) re: plagarism and it's everywhere; music industry, academic integrity, universities...everywhere, so this debate is really needed.
edit on q00000021131America/Chicago4040America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   
CHEATVARD 🤡🤡

And they wonder why Public Schools can't get qualified teachers and student attendance is way down.

Harvard and dozens of other high profile colleges are setting great roll model examples. ROFLOLz 🤣

posted on Jan, 30 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Harvard used to be synonymous with quality and highest possible standards.
It's kind of a very expensive joke now.

Nice work Lefties.
Everything you idiots touch turns to s#!t.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

The corporation initially rallied behind Gay, saying a review of her scholarly work turned up “a few instances of inadequate citation” but no evidence of research misconduct. The allegations of plagiarism continued to surface through December and Gay resigned this month.

abcnews.go.com...

Seems like a nothing burger, but it is sparking a new debate on what exactly constitutes plagiarism.

Just google 'the blurred lines of (fill in the blank) re: plagarism and it's everywhere; music industry, academic integrity, universities...everywhere, so this debate is really needed.

you should know about this, having admitted to it and all.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

abcnews.go.com...

you should know about this, having admitted to it and all.

Nothing burger just like your butthurt smear agenda.
edit on q00000014131America/Chicago3131America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Even if it is just rampant "not citing source" level plagiarism, that is still rampant dishonesty which is a significant integrity issue. "Not citing source" is literally trying to pass off information as yours. Once here or there if it is clearly excerpted/quoted, is an accident. That isn't what they are referencing.

I still fail to see why people take sides in a situation like this. Unless they are your family, or you have some intimate connection with them, you should condemn the action. It's just weird. This is a literal nobody with no ability to change your political future.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Halfswede
Even if it is just rampant "not citing source" level plagiarism, that is still rampant dishonesty which is a significant integrity issue. "Not citing source" is literally trying to pass off information as yours. Once here or there if it is clearly excerpted/quoted, is an accident. That isn't what they are referencing.

I still fail to see why people take sides in a situation like this. Unless they are your family, or you have some intimate connection with them, you should condemn the action. It's just weird. This is a literal nobody with no ability to change your political future.

The academic and legal elite are now debating what exactly plagarism should look like, so people are taking sides right now in many different industries and environments.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

pla·gia·rism
/ˈplājəˌriz(ə)m/
noun
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.
"there were accusations of plagiarism"
source
it's like when you post some words, then when someone mentions them, you claim "I didn't say that, (XX) did", but you never used quotes, or mentioned who said it. If you paraphrase it, that's cool, but it becomes your words at that stage. Eventually, you will grasp this. A good example is in my signature. I quoted the words said, and attributed them to the author. So as to not fall in this trap of laziness.
edit on 31-1-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   

pla·gia·rism
/ˈplājəˌriz(ə)m/
noun
the practice of taking someone else's work or ideas and passing them off as one's own.

it's like when you post some words, then when someone mentions them, you claim "I didn't say that, (XX) did", but you never used quotes, or mentioned who said it. If you paraphrase it, that's cool, but it becomes your words at that stage. Eventually, you will grasp this. A good example is in my signature. I quoted the words said, and attributed them to the author. So as to not fall in this trap of laziness.

Exactly and if you read the article this university president did not take any research ideas from anyone else, she just made citing mistakes.

Your signature is a good example of your butthurt talking.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   

pla·gia·rism
/ˈplājəˌriz(ə)m/
noun

Exactly and if you read the article this university president did not take any research ideas from anyone else, she just made citing mistakes.

awwe, don't be so salty sport, if you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Right?

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

pla·gia·rism
/ˈplājəˌriz(ə)m/
noun

awwe, don't be so salty sport, if you did nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about. Right?

Go bother someone else now, you are like an annoying little gnat at this point.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   

... which is plagiarism.

And are they 'mistakes' or are they intentional. At that level people know how to write papers correctly so it's highly doubtful that 40 times were just 'mistakes'. Either way .. it's plagiarism.

Harvard guide to using sources

Five Types of Plagiarism With Examples
edit on 1/31/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I keep finding all this funny as the liberals bring this down on themselves. They go all far left or they try to attack the right and it ends up playing out not very good for them. It's like the #MeToo movement that originally was to get all those sexiest conservatives like Trump, and they just ended up eating their own in some mad frenzy and the right just sat back and ate popcorn.

Now they open the Pandora's Box of plagiarism and we can start right with our great President on that one. I think most know he was removed from the 1980 Presidential race by the DNC due to that and lying about his college degrees etc. He still does it today as it seems the left has adopted it as a norm now and it will end up eating them up just like #MeToo did as we shift back to the social norm that it is still wrong to do.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

... which is plagiarism.

And are they 'mistakes' or are they intentional. At that level people know how to write papers correctly so it's highly doubtful that 40 times were just 'mistakes'. Either way .. it's plagiarism.

Harvard guide to using sources

Five Types of Plagiarism With Examples

Harvard elites are debating what is plagarism right now, as I type.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Trying to rewrite the rules that have been in place for decades and decades all to protect their own elites ? yeah ... no surprise there. I gave the Harvard guide and another guide to plagiarism. She committed it.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

and until then, they will argue over what the meaning of "is" is. You can't fix stupid.

posted on Jan, 31 2024 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Trying to rewrite the rules that have been in place for decades and decades all to protect their own elites ? yeah ... no surprise there. I gave the Harvard guide and another guide to plagiarism. She committed it.

In this specific case it is not rewriting the rules, it's understanding the rules and how they apply that seems to be at issue, especially with antisemitism (a sensitive subject). Hundreds of Harvard academics stood by her side, the side of right, they believe.
edit on q00000033131America/Chicago0909America/Chicago1 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join