It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US drug control agency will move to reclassify marijuana in a historic shift, AP sources say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Cannabis eatibles are not hard on your liver .. Advil is harder on your liver then bud.
Like anything that alters you brain chemicals yes there is a chance may get anxiety and paranoia but so many factors count into this from type and breed and such to your body and brain chemistry.
Also like anything else that carries addictive properties you can over it do it, and cause depression and psychotic issues.
That said it's been said that a joint is less damaging then a 6 pack of beer.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
a reply to: lilzazz

Since legalization the Colorado folks have gotten very creative with all kinds of delivery systems.

They’ve also gotten very creative with crime…

“In 2012, Colorado voted to legalize recreational marijuana beginning in 2014, making it the first state alongside Washington to permit recreational use.”www.bumc.bu.edu...

Colorado is the only state among its eight neighbors to have seen the crime rate increase from 2012 to 2022, having risen 21.6%. On average, crime rates in neighboring states fell 28% over the same period. For the U.S. overall, the crime rates decreased 28.3%
commonsenseinstituteco.org...#:~:text=Colorado%20is%20the%20only%20state,2022%2C%20having%20risen%2021.6%25.

Perhaps you should look at liberal policies in their entirety and not just legalization of pot when it comes to crime rates.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

No doubt about that

Those liberal policies are driving the recreational pot bandwagon.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion
a reply to: Lumenari

No doubt about that

Those liberal policies are driving the recreational pot bandwagon.

You are completely missing the point, but I enjoy reading your take on the subject.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Ayahuasca isn’t any one plant. It’s just any plant that contains D M T (there are many) mixed with a plant that contains a maoi to make it orally active.

Anyway, I don’t even smoke anymore but there’s 2 things I want to see happen before I die… humans to set foot on mars and cannabis to be legalized globally.

Both those things would give me hope that we’re actually (slowly) evolving in the right direction to one day become an intelligent life form.
edit on 30-4-2024 by JadedGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion
Seems to me the criminal element moved to where they could at least not be accused of the weed charges.

If the herb had been legalized in the 8 states around colorado they would have stayed there and you wouldn't have the drop in them with the increase in colorado.

In the end it all kinda balances out.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit
Greedy control freaks like the lucrative aspect of taxing, and regulating it's many uses...

Can only fool some of the people some of the time, not all of the people all of the time.

Refer back to first comment ^ wash rinse repeat yada yada puff puff give motha effer!

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Marijuana also makes people more passive and docile, and easier to influence and control.

You didn't really think they were just interested in legalizing it for YOUR benefit do ya?

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Marijuana also makes people more passive and docile, and easier to influence and control.

Maybe for some. Makes me think to much and question everything, then fight against anything I see as an injustice… it’s the whole reason why I don’t do it anymore. Just easier to sit back, have a few beers and just accept it is what it is.
edit on 30-4-2024 by JadedGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
If that were true, why has it taken so long?

You'd think they would have jumped at the chance to pacify every US citizen back in the late 60's, when it grew in popularity.

edit on 30-4-2024 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 03:06 AM
link   
No more "Reefer Madness"?
I am not amused because i always liked that kind of comedy.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

Across the border in Durango, COlo. the craft brewers are selling infused IPAs. and Pilsners.

What happens if you get the wrong beer at a pub and you get a random pee test the next day at work?

That’s why if I do go out (never) I’ll request a bottle unopened.

On that note, ever since the governor legalized the sale and purchase of weed here, crime has increased and the vehicle accident rate is through the roof. Coincidence? I think not.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This is very good news. The war on drugs is a scam, and the war on marijuana the biggest scam. All the lives destroyed. I hope they release all the people they are just holding for weed.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Some got their panties stuck up their ass so far they are unreceptive for new knowledge. I'm not saying I'm rightnir that you are wrong, that's not my demeanor anyways, but i digress.

The studies indicate that there is a corelation between very clean air and respiratory disease.

But i guess you've got it all figured because Trump...

edit on 1-5-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Most of the benefits will come from the ability to distribute across borders both nationally and internationally...hopefully.

Maybe soon I can legally get bud that isn't dry and crispy here in Nevada. Otherwise you have to buy whatever is the absolute freshest stuff and smoke it fast or your end up with weed dust lol!

I guess I am lucky to live right near Maine where they can grow and sell it. We get nice fresh buds straight from the farms.. I am surprised they do not have huge indoor grows in Nevada..

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
While I don't use it myself and don't care if anyone else does or not, I find this suspicious. Does it make the people more docile and easier to controll? Are 'they' going to make a lot of money off it by taxing it or having to sell you other drugs to counteract some unconsidered side affects?

I know the ban was to protect the cotton growers and cotton industry. So why
Now?

Just asking.

The ban was not to protect the cotton industry. The ban was brought about by Hearst (of newspaper fame) to protect HIS investments. The advent of an easy and very cheap hemp paper manufacturing threatened Hearst's investments in Timber and Wood Paper mills, so he used his numerous newspapers and magazines to demonize "Marijuana" while paying off politicians to vote Hearst's way. Hearst's negative campaign against 'Marijuana' is encapsulated by "Refer Madness". That is what brought about The United States prohibition on Hemp and Cannabis. Prior to Hearst's campaign Hemp was a valuable crop grown all over the United States.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSemiskepticII

Correct. He influenced a lot with his publications and empire he created.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigRedChew
About time. Time for the rest of the world to follow suit and stop arresting people for such something so dumb as weed.

I agree, and although this initiative will not decriminalize cannabis for the public, it will end a decades long hypocrisy of the federal government's rejection of the medicinal benefits of cannabis, while also ending many conflicts with state laws.

Currently, every medical cannabis user in the US is in violation of federal law, because the current schedule 1 status of cannabis does not recognize any medicinal benefits and categorizes it amongst the most dangerous drugs. Rescheduling cannabis to schedule 3 will at the very least, remove the legal conflict between federal and state laws with regards to medical use and medical use programs. Surprisingly, alcohol is not a federally scheduled drug, so I'm not sure how rescheduling cannabis will effect state adult recreational use programs. Personally, I think that cannabis is best used under the care of a qualified physician, and or along with harm reduction methods.

I don't think this move is election related, although it shouldn't hurt, this process of recommending a rescheduling of cannabis has been in the works for the last year or so.

edit on 1-5-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 08:58 PM
link   

they all said marijuana is a gateway drug.. but,

as far as i can remember it was COFFEE and donuts at church

then checking my dads beer for poison, (age 6+)

almost forgot cigarrettes at 10
then raiding the liquor cabinet (age 10) when i got chicken pox
and stayed home for a week..

quit drinking at 26, then on pain meds for 15 years.......

then FINALLY medical marijuana

gateway drug? hardly! pain meds + alcohol were the WORST!
smoking is very hard to quit .

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: confuzedcitizen

they all said marijuana is a gateway drug.. but,

as far as i can remember it was COFFEE and donuts at church

then checking my dads beer for poison, (age 6+)

almost forgot cigarrettes at 10
then raiding the liquor cabinet (age 10) when i got chicken pox
and stayed home for a week..

quit drinking at 26, then on pain meds for 15 years.......

then FINALLY medical marijuana

gateway drug? hardly! pain meds + alcohol were the WORST!
smoking is very hard to quit .

You know , It's Funny , Beer was the First " Gateway Drug " Teenagers Experienced First way before Marijuana in the 20th Century .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join