It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US drug control agency will move to reclassify marijuana in a historic shift, AP sources say

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Does it make the people more docile and easier to controll?

Only if they are inherently docile to begin with.

Weed actually opens up other parts of your brain, that normally lay dormant. Hence, why so many artists are inspired by it. And it typically creates ‘free’ thinking.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

"Also inhaling burnt matter and carbon of any kind is bad and can be cancerous so people who smoke flower but have convinced themselves it’s healthy, sorry your wrong. No the benefits don’t out way the cost it’s bad for you blanket statement."

I have had a Volcano Digit Vaporizer for years now. No need to inhale smoke...it's way easier than trying to smoke it and is definitely better for your lungs. Plus it packs a helluva punch.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa
Pretty sure this gets tossed around every election.

It's an attempt to pander to pot smokers that usually gets "talked about" but nothing ever changes

You’re very right. Though, it does feel like the winds have finally shifted. Most states have some degree of medical, decriminalization, or outright legalization.

That said, I don’t think it would have any political benefit at this point. Most people will be unaffected. It’s legal where I’m at, and that makes little difference anyways. If you don’t smoke while you drive down the road it’s hard to get in trouble anyways as a simple user.

I can’t think of anything Biden could do at this point to make people enthusiastic to vote for him.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Most of the benefits will come from the ability to distribute across borders both nationally and internationally...hopefully.

Maybe soon I can legally get bud that isn't dry and crispy here in Nevada. Otherwise you have to buy whatever is the absolute freshest stuff and smoke it fast or your end up with weed dust lol!

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

lol, that’s a funny visualization.

Maybe get a cigar humidor.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Hey, one thing we can agree on!

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

The Volcano rocks....

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I can find zero evidence of this, I mean excess sugar consumption is bad but your zeroing in specifically on edibles.

Care to enlighten me on why you believe this? But until you do I’ll just file you under lier.

a reply to: Myhandle

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Correct you are not smoking flower you are using a better alternative.

a reply to: RickinVa

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Um, no you’re wrong. We don’t need smoke and haven’t adapted in any form that I am aware of to require any kind of nutrition exchange from smoke.

Once you consider how long we have been in existence even our use of fire is a microsecond.

Anyway. *Trumps voice* wrong
a reply to: Terpene

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: RickyD

lol, that’s a funny visualization.

Maybe get a cigar humidor.

Not with cedar planks, need to replace cedar with walnut planks or some other hard wood. Cedar will ruin the cannabis.

Cool device on the market but not cheap

www.cannatrols.com...

www.cannatrols.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Did You know traces of Marijuana Flowers were Found in a Cave in Chile that was Carbon Dated to Over 25.000 Years Old ? Humans knew All about the Benefits of the Sacred Weed for a Long Time ..
edit on 30-4-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: HawtStuhf

They also do make reusable packets which will do similar that you can just put in the jar you get the product in...and some of the more to shelf better brands include them already...but as someone who's lived most of his life in places that actually have humidity I am just being picky lol. My wife worked at a few dispensaries here for about 4 years...I just let her do the shopping now. She knows better than I do usually whats good right now and still has many friends still employed at different dispensaries in town.
edit on 30-4-2024 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Gee... I wonder why the current regime waited until 6 months before the election to move in this direction.

It's a mystery.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
Gee... I wonder why the current regime waited until 6 months before the election to move in this direction.

It's a mystery.

Yeah , a Mystery like Forgiving Student Debt . Dems are Whoring themselves Out Big Time Now .

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I smoke no more....a few drops of Indica tincture under the tongue, 20min til an easy, chill, without the nervousness or paranoia. I have also started infusing a nice Cabernet Sauvignon with the tincture.

Across the border in Durango, COlo. the craft brewers are selling infused IPAs. and Pilsners.

Since legalization the Colorado folks have gotten very creative with all kinds of delivery systems. cannigma.com...

edit on 30-4-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: HawtStuhf

They also do make reusable packets which will do similar that you can just put in the jar you get the product in...and some of the more to shelf better brands include them already...but as someone who's lived most of his life in places that actually have humidity I am just being picky lol. My wife worked at a few dispensaries here for about 4 years...I just let her do the shopping now. She knows better than I do usually whats good right now and still has many friends still employed at different dispensaries in town.

That's great! She can pick out the freshest/latest stuff 😋

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I have read that... Cannabis History

2,500-year-old marijuana discovered in an ancient tomb - LINK

I my self prefer CBD 1:1 or 20:1....does wonders for Pain....For me anyways

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Since legalization the Colorado folks have gotten very creative with all kinds of delivery systems.

They’ve also gotten very creative with crime…

“In 2012, Colorado voted to legalize recreational marijuana beginning in 2014, making it the first state alongside Washington to permit recreational use.”www.bumc.bu.edu...

Colorado is the only state among its eight neighbors to have seen the crime rate increase from 2012 to 2022, having risen 21.6%. On average, crime rates in neighboring states fell 28% over the same period. For the U.S. overall, the crime rates decreased 28.3%
commonsenseinstituteco.org...#:~:text=Colorado%20is%20the%20only%20state,2022%2C%20having%20risen%2021.6%25.

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   
About time. Time for the rest of the world to follow suit and stop arresting people for such something so dumb as weed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join