It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iranian diplomats, Guards commander Mohammad Reza Zahedi among many killed as Israel strikes Iran em

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I'll certainly shed no tears for this guy's passing.

But I definitely question of the wisdom of this attack.

Its sure as hell going to cost Israel a lot of support and only bolster those opposing Israeli policy.
It'll give a certain amount of legitimacy to whatever response Iran may take.
And it could quite easily have serious geopolitical ramifications.

Biden is sending more weapons to Israel: www.nbcnews.com...

I guess getting shouted down at the last 2 campaign stops by Pro-Palestinians didn't register with the senile old man.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Neither does Iran...
Legal and war are kind of an oxymoron, depends who's side you are looking at it from.

I concur you can only make the lawless understand with lawlessness. It isn't
stooping to a lower level to fight fire with fire. Everyone on the planet knows
what Iran is capable of. Why be shocked if someone else chooses that capability
in return. The embassy is Iranian territory not Syrian. So Irans leaders get what
they've always looked for, body parts.
edit on 1-4-2024 by Astrocometus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
Very disturbing development - I thought consulate and embassy bombings were massively illegal?

That always makes me laugh. Illegal? It's war. When push comes to shove it doesn't matter what rules and intentional law pretends to exist.

Iran is at war with Israel by proxy. Smaller countries should consider how the enemy views them as a threat before going into a proxy war. This isn't the US and Russia. Israel is less concerned about a conflict with Iran than the US and Russia are with one another.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Loadandgo

What would the reaction be if the USA declared a war on Cartels, and proceeded to bomb their homes and drug farms in Mexico?

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

What would the reaction be if the USA declared a war on Cartels, and proceeded to bomb their homes and drug farms in Mexico?

I would be very happy.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: FlyersFan

Let's say this guy was hiding out at the Iranian consulate in DC instead of Syria. Would you approve of Israel launching an attack on it, potentially putting American lives at risk?

If the US was supporting and funding the terrorist organization Hezbolla and hiding their leader(s) out, yes I would. If the American citizens want to aid terrorists like Hezbolla or sit back and let them take over the country, I would hope another nation would step in and put an end to the spread of that brand of evil, like Israel is trying to do.
But that's just me.

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey
I really hope Iran responds to the attack(in the name of "self-defense" ofcourse
). Israel really is the pampered(by usa and eu) child of middle east. It is about time someone disciplined the insufferable child.
edit on 1-4-2024 by Dajoos because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2024 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Apparently it would be foolish to start a war with Israel lol, oops. When will their haters understand that Israel just plain doesn't play around haha 😂

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 04:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dajoos
I really hope Iran responds to the attack(in the name of "self-defense" ofcourse
).

It was Israels attack against the Hezbollah leader that was the 'self defense'.
You have it backwards.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Applause from me.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Very disturbing development - I thought consulate and embassy bombings were massively illegal?

They're not. There's virtually no target that is 100% off-limits under any and all circumstances under international law. It's even legal to bomb a hospital under certain circumstances.

Whoever has been telling you what's "massively illegal" is either grossly uninformed or flat-out lying to you.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

It's a core part of the Geneva Convention and the whole basis of diplomatic immunity. Comes from my own study of Geneva Convention as my dissertation covered war crimes but was year ago hence the rusty memory.

More recent UN seminars on the area.

UN Consular law

I'd be very suprised if Iran and Arab allies don't seek prosecution via UN and ramp up attacks via proxy given how quiet Hizbullah have been in West Bank.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Hey .. if a so called 'embassy annex' is harboring terrorists who are directing terror attacks out of it, then that building becomes fair game in a war of self defense. Israel would be STUPID to let the terrorists attack Israel and mass murder Israelis, all because Damascus was protecting terrorists in a building it called an 'embassy annex'. Typical Muslim move ... use a school, hospital, "embassy" as a terrorist center of operations thinking the location will protect them. It's a matter of self preservation therefore ... BOOM! ... blow the damn building up with the terrorist inside. Better him than hundreds of thousands of Israelis in Tel Aviv.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

My worry is the strike increases the risk to civillians in Tel Aviv rather than decreases it - Iran and Hezbollah have vowed revenge after todays national security council meeting and said the US is also directly responsible despite aknowleging they had no involvement or awareness of the attack.

Iran vows revenge on Israel for Damascus Attack

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 12:02 PM
link   

a reply to: YourFaceAgain

It's a core part of the Geneva Convention and the whole basis of diplomatic immunity. Comes from my own study of Geneva Convention as my dissertation covered war crimes but was year ago hence the rusty memory.

More recent UN seminars on the area.

UN Consular law

I'd be very suprised if Iran and Arab allies don't seek prosecution via UN and ramp up attacks via proxy given how quiet Hizbullah have been in West Bank.

I like how you didn't cite a specific article of that.

Your first link comes up an error too.

Where does it say embassies have blanket immunity from military attack even if the embassy is being used for war purposes like Iran was doing?

Every other type of protected building, as I noted even hospitals, lose their protected status if they are being used for war purposes.
edit on 2-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Didn't bother the Iranis in 1979.

I think this kind of thing is called blowback, but the left wing press likes to pretend that said term only applies to the USA.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Awww.

Poor Iran.

#IranianGenocide

*sobs uncontrollably*
Just remember, that if Netenyahoo could eliminate all Arabs , it would then be time to attack the Christians

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BduardErnstein

Yeah, wake me when that happens, Adolph.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Why the name calling ?
Adolph was a horrible person & I take offence to you calling me that ! Where are the mods ?

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: BduardErnstein

Why the name calling ?
Adolph was a horrible person & I take offence to you calling me that ! Where are the mods ?

I take offense of you implying that Jews want to kill all Christians!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join