It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia police launch major manhunt after troops massacred by comrade in occupied Ukraine

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   
www.express.co.uk...

Russian authorities have launched a major manhunt for a soldier accused of killing six comrades in the occupied region of Donetsk, in eastern Ukraine.

According to local reports, the 57-year-old man, identified as Yuri G. by the Telegram channel Baza, was among the hundreds of convicts Vladimir Putin recruited to strengthen his invading forces.

Yuri G. Allegedly shot six service members of a howitzer artillery battalion on May 4, 2024 before escaping – with authorities warning he may have an AK-12 assault rifle and ammunition with him.

The alleged slayings took place in an unspecified area of the Donetsk People's Republic which Putin unilaterally annexed with a sham referendum in September 2022.

It looks like Russia releasing prisioners to fight in it's illegal war against Ukraine has had an unforeseen and unwanted result on the Russian Forces. This News just days after a Cuban mercenary killed his Russian regiment commander in Ukraine.
It does appear that the foreign fighters sent to fight for Russia aren't happy as a Cuban also resently sent a video warning others not to come and that it was a trap.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Conscripted criminals are more trouble than they are worth on a battlefield which is why those kind of troops aren't often used anymore.

Hadn't heard about the Cuban merc.

Cheers

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Yeah, conscripted criminals seems like a bad idea to me, but Putin needed the bodies in his fight no matter the consequences.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

I've read that Russians are luring Cubans, promising construction work and a passport, but sending them to the front lines.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

I also hear that most Cuban fighters have no documentation so Russia doesn't have to acknowledge the deaths.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   

The Russian convicts that have managed to return back from Ukraine have been causing killings / violence also in other parts of Russia . It was really bad plan to release serial killers etc from prison, another master plan by Putin .

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I don't think Putin cares about the consequences as long as he gets results in his over 2 year fight in Ukraine.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Seems the army has experienced what the people of Russia have been experiencing since Prigozhin's bright idea raised the crime rate in Russia , Putin repeating the mistakes of his murdered "friend".

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Yes he wont care at all , Vlad only cares himself .

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

More than likely. I can only hope that the Cubans turn on the Russians and fight for freedom.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Not buying it. Yuri G, obviously Ali G's Russian cousin and brother of the Ghost of Kiev. Reeks of propaganda.
edit on 7-5-2024 by lincolnriley because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Ukraine is considering doing the same so maybe they will have the same problem.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Don't come, it's a trap

I think most people with an ounce of brain matter between their lugs could establish that fact.

Have to wonder how you get back home from an active war zone once the penny drops.

I mean its not like the fools can simply say games a bogey and hop on a bus or jump a cab to the airport ffs.

Anyhoo people who do stupid things tend to win silly prizes.
edit on 8-5-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: lincolnriley

Some more info on the topic.

A lot of the frontline troops dont look to be too happy.

And the ones in the rear dont want to be next.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Maybenexttime

Any source for that?

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Any source for that?

I'm on a phone so can't post links.

However google "Ukraine considers using convicts on front line" for tons of links.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 05:17 AM
link   

I think you may find you can post links from a phone.

Use the copy/paste function.

www.makeuseof.com...#:~:text=Press%20and%20hold%20the%20URL,text%20field%20and%20select%20Paste.

There are however indeed stories doing the rounds that suggest you may not be too far from the mark.

www.bloomberg.com...
www.politico.eu...
www.thesun.co.uk...

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Thanks Andy, didn't know you could urls out of the address field.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 06:23 AM
link   

No problem Maybenexttime.

I did not know myself until a few years back.

But it is a handy feature thats serves its purpose.

posted on May, 8 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Putin does seem to like multiculturalism when sending mercinaries to their death....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join