It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli strikes on southern Gaza city of Rafah kill 22, mostly children, as US advances aid package

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

I'd rather put the bullet in his head myself.

That’s perfectly reasonable. You wouldn’t see a rapist in a crowd, close your eyes and spray and pray.

Nothing wrong with punishing a perp, but punish the perp and not his whole community.

a reply to: network dude

Do you grasp what is taking place? A group, HAMAS, who is the elected leadership of the people of GAZA, declared war on the neighboring nation. They did so by invading, then raping and killing 1300 people and taking 200 or so hostages. They accepted responsibility, and gleefully made a declaration of war.

If any of that is incorrect, stop me and bring your facts showing different.

Now, those same leaders of GAZA wage their war from civilian areas, like schools, and hospitals. They use their state ran media to spread lies. Not to be outdone, Israel does the same with regard to the lies. Which makes the truth very elusive, so you have to base your well reasoned thoughts on reality and the facts that are undisputed.

How should Israel rid GAZA of it's elected leadership, while they hide behind civilians for the incredibley obvious, in your face and even the super low IQ folks know it, reason to use the death numbers to paint their opponent as baby killers?

I look forward to your answer on this.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: LarwtB

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Sure. Non combatants are allowed to be slain willy nilly in a combat zone.

They aren't being slain willy nilly.

They are being killed because Hamas and the 'palestinian' supporters attack Israel and then hide behind the civilians as cover. They are being killed ON PURPOSE by Hamas and the 'palestinians'. They love big civilian death numbers. It's good for their propaganda that useful idiots in the west just suck up.

What a load of hooey. The ‘Israelies’ are just lazy and don’t want to seek out and close with the enemy, kill or capture them.

Instead they lob bombs. Weak, but what can really be expected from arabs who can’t accept themselves for what they are?

The sooner they realise who they truly are and assimilate into their homeland the quicker the hatchet can be buried and this cowards conflict can be sorted out.

At the moment their delusions of exceptionalism are being fed by the narrative.

Any they commit war crimes one after the other.

Wow, you’re back already to spread more genocide rhetoric, nice👍🥱

Callous and hollow. Every human being is an emanation of the creator experiencing the creation, your lack of empathy is retarding your experience.

Nope, just not as stupid as some that believe everything they’re told by the media is the truth. You don’t know me to judge me. Enjoy your bubble.

Correct. I can only interpret what you post 🤷🏽‍♂️

So, by your logic, if I don’t believe or think differently of something you post, I’m callous, hollow and lack empathy? To bad we can’t all be just like you and think the same way you do.🙄

No, I don’t buy your genocide nonsense, maybe get over the fact we don’t all think the same, it’s called reality🤷‍♂️

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Opinions in the West Bank and Gaza diverged significantly on the issue of support for Hamas as a political party. Hamas has governed Gaza since 2007, while Abbas of Fatah runs the West Bank. Unlike Gazans, Palestinians in the West Bank are not subject to the extreme hostilities of the war.

Before the war, in September 2023, only 12% of Palestinians in the West Bank supported Hamas. By that December, as the war entered its third month, support for Hamas in the West Bank skyrocketed to 44%, before falling to 35% in March. Support has been less volatile in Gaza, where 38% supported Hamas in September 2023, 42% in December 2023, and 34% this month.

Support for Fatah has also dropped, from 26% in September 2023, to 17% this March. The decline was largely driven by a loss of support among West Bank Palestinians, with the majority calling for Abbas to resign and Fatah to be dissolved.

www.nbcnews.com...

sorry for the far ALT right source.

eta:
just thinking out loud, but if the population of GAZA (2017) was 590,000 or so, and 30,000 civilians (and ZERO HAMAS fighters and combatants) have been killed, then let me do the math......cary the 2.....that seems close to 19%, but with support for HAMAS at 34%, would it even make sense to assume some of those killed were the badies? Have you ever seen a child being made to do war like things during a war? If that happened, and the kid was setting up a road side bomb, would killing that kid be a war crime? These waters sure do get murky when you apply a tiny bit of common sense.....
edit on 5-5-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   

If any of that is incorrect, stop me and bring your facts showing different.

Facts be damned!

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Don’t they have a highly trained and effective special forces? Surely they know who’s who in the zoo in regards to homus? Use a ruse, get them to the negotiating table and execute them.

Develop some operatives native to Gaza and clandestinely kill the leadership.

Enlist the aid of surrounding countries and apply pressure from multiple fronts.

Israel has access to substantial resources. Surely they can be more creative than bombs.

Then again, hang gliders seemed to completely take them off guard so perhaps it has been allowed to happen so that more pieces of a larger puzzle can be manipulated into place 🤷🏽‍♂️

Who knows. Or if they truly wanted to climb to the top of the sh!tpile that is the middle east they could go scorched earth on Palestine. I’ve been told Arabs only respect strength and power, they could just show their true colours and do the devilry properly.

They’re Arabs so it wouldn’t be culturally inappropriate.

I’m fairly certain Africa has seen greater atrocities with far less coverage or consequences.

I however have never been to war and am not standing in the middle east being involved, so my opinion is negligible and irrelevant by my own admission.

What do you suggest they do?

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

They are being killed because Hamas and the 'palestinian' supporters attack Israel and then hide behind the civilians as cover. They are being killed ON PURPOSE by Hamas and the 'palestinians'. They love big civilian death numbers. It's good for their propaganda that useful idiots in the west just suck up.

What a load of hooey. The ‘Israelies’ are just lazy and don’t want to seek out and close with the enemy, kill or capture them.

Instead they lob bombs. Weak, but what can really be expected from arabs who can’t accept themselves for what they are?

The sooner they realise who they truly are and assimilate into their homeland the quicker the hatchet can be buried and this cowards conflict can be sorted out.

Callous and hollow. Every human being is an emanation of the creator experiencing the creation, your lack of empathy is retarding your experience.

Nope, just not as stupid as some that believe everything they’re told by the media is the truth. You don’t know me to judge me. Enjoy your bubble.

So, by your logic, if I don’t believe or think differently of something you post, I’m callous, hollow and lack empathy? To bad we can’t all be just like you and think the same way you do.🙄

No, I don’t buy your genocide nonsense, maybe get over the fact we don’t all think the same, it’s called reality🤷‍♂️

Cheers helpy. Have a great day/night

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

so you are thinking the IDF is being too nice. that's an odd way to defend that position. You contradict yourself and confuse others.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I think Israel is damaging itself by the way it is conducting operations.

If they’re intent is to obliterate Palestine then they probably have the means to and should get about the business, deal with the blowback after the fact.

If they want to topple homus then cut the head off the snake and improve relations with the Palestinians who are open to improving their lot.

There may very well be other, less obvious, objectives they hope to achieve. In which case I couldn’t speculate on how they conduct themselves.

If I remember correctly you’re one of our members who has been to war. What is your take on the Israelies strategy? Do you think there is a better way they could be addressing the hostilities?

I know it can be easy for text to lose intent and with regards to those questions tell me to bite my arse if they are inappropriate. I’ve never been in combat or to war and mean no disrespect/am not trying to be cheeky.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I was in the Air Force and saw war from about 200 feet on a C-130. I saw enough to know it's worse than anything I thought it might be.

But in the Israel case, I don't understand the terrain or the challenges that go along with fighting against enemies you know are enemies, along with women and children who appear innocent, but would rather stab you in the eye with a stick, than wave hello. These folks voted to be governed by HAMAS, and they seem to want the war against Israel, so they will get it. I think Israel will loose the PR war, no matter how careful they are. They don't have a "tick-tock, or Instagram" propaganda machine. They seem to be focused on the task at hand, and not how well they look while doing it.

I hope it's over soon, and I don't like any loss of life, but I do understand their rage, and I understand what they are doing and why. Aside from any other factor or story, October 7th was done to provoke a war. And all the idiots cheering for HAMAS seem to not grasp that fact that can't be changed. They had the option to just rape a cammel and stay home, they chose not to.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I was in the Air Force and saw war from about 200 feet on a C-130. I saw enough to know it's worse than anything I thought it might be.

But in the Israel case, I don't understand the terrain or the challenges that go along with fighting against enemies you know are enemies, along with women and children who appear innocent, but would rather stab you in the eye with a stick, than wave hello. These folks voted to be governed by HAMAS, and they seem to want the war against Israel, so they will get it. I think Israel will loose the PR war, no matter how careful they are. They don't have a "tick-tock, or Instagram" propaganda machine. They seem to be focused on the task at hand, and not how well they look while doing it.

I hope it's over soon, and I don't like any loss of life, but I do understand their rage, and I understand what they are doing and why. Aside from any other factor or story, October 7th was done to provoke a war. And all the idiots cheering for HAMAS seem to not grasp that fact that can't be changed. They had the option to just rape a cammel and stay home, they chose not to.

All good points. Hamas will win the PR war. Degenerate American youth are misguided. American campuses are being targeted by outside influences. It’s a problem with having and open society, however the liberals in charge are also complicit. I personally think the boiling point i. America is close. I trace my lineage to the revolutionary war and civil war. I have zero issues with picking up and supporting what is right and am even ready to do so when the call comes.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AlongCameaSpider

I hear you. I sure hope it doesn't come to that, but it's not looking promising.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply ND. I think the media is being very polarising with this conflict, I hope they fight to win and complete hostilities without dragging it out over months or years.

I try to remain unopinionated and objectively observant, if only to watch way the world leaders play their cards.

I have had it suggested to me that war is an extension of politics and I guess if it comes down to it I’ll find out my reaction to world war.

I just hope I can make a level headed and informed decision if/when the situation arises.

Appreciate your candour dude

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCameaSpider
Hamas will win the PR war.

Anti-Israel protesters who have descended on college campuses are reportedly getting funding from several big-name Democratic donors, according to a report, that have backed President Biden’s re-election efforts.

nypost.com...

Or is it far left trying to destabilise the USA through a narrative. Money can go to protests, why not tents for Palestinians in Gaza?

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 06:23 AM
link   

I appeiciate the open mind. that's quite rare these days.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 08:23 PM
link   

If you don't want to use the word genocide (that many use around the world, even politicians) then you can use mass murders/killings and crimes against humanity. Actually a number of courts and lawyers are having a close eye in the case of Israel and it has conducted the operations. It's not unlikely they will issue arrest warrant against a number of politicians and military personnel.

posted on May, 6 2024 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazy88

originally posted by: AlongCameaSpider
Hamas will win the PR war.

Anti-Israel protesters who have descended on college campuses are reportedly getting funding from several big-name Democratic donors, according to a report, that have backed President Biden’s re-election efforts.

nypost.com...

Or is it far left trying to destabilise the USA through a narrative. Money can go to protests, why not tents for Palestinians in Gaza?

The NY Post has a certain political leaning and will present news the way it suits their argument. Even the choice of words is suspicious. Anti-Israel protesters? The entire world has been protesting against what Israel has been doing to the Palestinians in Gaza. Suddenly people all over the world are protesting against Israel? There must be a reason behind if.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Hasken

Pro-Palestinian protesters are backed by a surprising source: Biden’s biggest donors

The donors include some of the biggest names in Democratic circles: Soros, Rockefeller and Pritzker, according to a POLITICO analysis.

www.politico.com...

SOROS FUNDED, HAMAS APPROVED: Billionaire paying students to organize anti-Israel campus protests nationwide

www.campusreform.org...

At three colleges, US Campaign for Palestinian Rights (USCPR), a Soros-funded group, pays “fellows” who start protests on campus.

The Post reports that the USCPR pays up to $7,800 to community-based fellows and between $2,880 and $3,660 for campus-based “fellows.”

Fellows are expected to spend eight hours per week organizing “campaigns led by Palestinian organizations,” and are trained to “rise up, to revolution.”

Since 2017, the USCPR has received at least $300,000 from Soros’ Open Society Foundations. The group has also received $355,000 in funds from the Rockefeller Brothers Fund since 2019.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hasken
Suddenly people all over the world are protesting against Israel? There must be a reason behind if.

Like these rioters that illegally occupied a building?

Columbia student demands 'aid' for protesters, fumbles as journalist grills her
Pro-Palestinian protesters occupying Columbia University's Hamilton Hall have demanded that the university allow food and water to be brought to them, framing it as "basic humanitarian aid."

www.indiatoday.in... 33769-2024-05-01

Very “Palestinian”. Commit crimes then demand humanitarian aid.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 04:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Hasken

Pro-Palestinian protesters are backed by a surprising source: Biden’s biggest donors

The donors include some of the biggest names in Democratic circles: Soros, Rockefeller and Pritzker, according to a POLITICO analysis.

www.politico.com...

SOROS FUNDED, HAMAS APPROVED: Billionaire paying students to organize anti-Israel campus protests nationwide

www.campusreform.org...

At three colleges, US Campaign for Palestinian Rights (USCPR), a Soros-funded group, pays “fellows” who start protests on campus.

The Post reports that the USCPR pays up to $7,800 to community-based fellows and between $2,880 and $3,660 for campus-based “fellows.”

Fellows are expected to spend eight hours per week organizing “campaigns led by Palestinian organizations,” and are trained to “rise up, to revolution.”

Since 2017, the USCPR has received at least $300,000 from Soros’ Open Society Foundations. The group has also received $355,000 in funds from the Rockefeller Brothers Fund since 2019.

They could be backed by anyone but they doesn't change the fact the protests take place all over the he world and not just in the US because of what has happened to innocent civilians who have been slaughtered.

posted on May, 7 2024 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hasken
Suddenly people all over the world are protesting against Israel? There must be a reason behind if.

Like these rioters that illegally occupied a building?

Columbia student demands 'aid' for protesters, fumbles as journalist grills her
Pro-Palestinian protesters occupying Columbia University's Hamilton Hall have demanded that the university allow food and water to be brought to them, framing it as "basic humanitarian aid."

www.indiatoday.in... 33769-2024-05-01

Very “Palestinian”. Commit crimes then demand humanitarian aid.

And what is this reason? Come on you need to admit the reason behind the protests.

The mass murder of Palestinians in Gaza.

Take a look at the topic of the threads before you try to justify the situation. But what I have seen from your posts you can't even do this successfully. You are on a whataboutism trip with Soros and co arguments...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join