It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Rep. Henry Cuellar and wife indicted on federal bribery charges

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Washington — Democratic Rep. Henry Cuellar and his wife were indicted on more than a dozen federal charges alleging they took hundreds of thousands of dollars in bribes from an oil company owned by the government of Azerbaijan and a Mexican bank, the Justice Department said Friday.

The 54-page indictment filed in federal district court in Houston was unsealed Friday and charges Cuellar with 14 counts including conspiracy, bribery, and money laundering. He is also accused of acting as a foreign agent to benefit the government of Azerbaijan.

Source

Let's just clear house at this point.

Cuellar will get his day in court, but until that day comes he should do the right thing and step down from office.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

How do you think a job that pays $100k a year makes so many millionaires?

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   

If it was a republican, the ethics committee would've booted him already.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 02:19 PM
link   
535 in House and Senate. How many are clean? I'd put the over/under at 12 and bet the under.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

It took Santos seven months to be expelled following his indictment.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 02:49 PM
link   
This guy was on the MSM a lot pressing issues. Now what ?? 😀

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   
If they broke the law....good.

That goes for Republicans too though. And for Trump.

See you don't have to be a hypocrite.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123

I agree with you. Actually, I think many here would agree with you.
That any corruption should be dealt with according to the law.
But, this is not and should not be about 'left' vs 'right', or 'democrat' vs 'repulican'. As these are boths sides of the same coin, and always have been. These sides are simply used to divide us. Divided we fall, united we can stand against the 1% who want to keep us divided (the 'democrat' and 'repulican' politicians etc).

I'm very skeptical of any 'idictment' , on either side of the 'political spectrum'. It's all theater ,making us believe we live in a just system and that there's no corruption, or that it's dealt with. It's just one fox saying to the hens he will deal with the bad fox they saw eat one of theirs.
Off course not going to happen.
edit on 3-5-2024 by ScarletDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScarletDarkness

originally posted by: Disgusted123

I agree with you. Actually, I think many here would agree with you.
That any corruption should be dealt with according to the law.
But, this is not and should not be about 'left' vs 'right', or 'democrat' vs 'repulican'. As these are boths sides of the same coin, and always have been. These sides are simply used to divide us. Divided we fall, united we can stand against the 1% who want to keep us divided (the 'democrat' and 'repulican' politicians etc).

I'm very skeptical of any 'idictment' , on either side of the 'political spectrum'. It's all theater ,making us believe we live in a just system and that there's no corruption, or that it's dealt with. It's just one fox saying to the hens he will deal with the bad fox they saw eat one of theirs.
Off course not going to happen.

When I see these guys get indicted, I always think maybe they got out of line some how and the powers that be decide to take them out. Pretty sure vast majority of them are corrupt to some degree.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: theatreboy

It took Santos seven months to be expelled following his indictment.

How long did it take for Bob Menendez to be expelled, after being federally indicted on two separate occasions in 2023?

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

His trial is scheduled to begin on Monday, so the Senate will probably just wait for a verdict.

Santos' trial isn't expected to start until September at the earliest. So the House decided it was better to get ahead of things instead of waiting almost two years. It didn't help that some of the people Santos stole money from were other Reps and their family members.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It took two years to get this far.

The alleged scheme involving Azerbaijan and the Mexican bank comes more than two years after the FBI conducted a "court-authorized" search of the congressman's home in Laredo and campaign office in January 2022, though Cuellar's lawyer told CBS News at the time that the congressman was not the target of a federal investigation. A source familiar with the probe said then that the activity at Cuellar's house was part of an investigation related to Azerbaijan and several U.S. businessmen.

www.cbsnews.com...

After reading more, it apparently started in 2013. The accusations seem to be pretty damning. But then again, he isn't a Republican, so there's that.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   
They may have decided to indict now on these charges in order to conceal bribery and protection rackets for Cartels and smuggling routes. 😃 Where there's a rhyme, there's a reason.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Wow. Aren't they a lenient group.

It turns out Cuellar criticized Joe Biden for letting criminals into the country from Mexico to kill americans.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

I wonder if there's any connection between his speaking negatively of Joe Biden and the indictment? After all, Joe himself says nobody phucks with a Biden.

edit on 352024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
535 in House and Senate. How many are clean? I'd put the over/under at 12 and bet the under.

You are too kind.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   

*yawn*

Nothing will happen, it's (D)ifferent.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 08:30 PM
link   
When is the trial for Joe and Hunter scheduled to start? They're just throwing peanuts at the oppisition hoping they're be satisfied and forget about the bigger players.

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Face it , the " Uniparty " Worships Money . Who would of Thunk ?

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 09:08 PM
link   

How come they indict him and not Biden?

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
They may have decided to indict now on these charges in order to conceal bribery and protection rackets for Cartels and smuggling routes. 😃 Where there's a rhyme, there's a reason.

After watching the whole Cuomo fiasco, it might be more along these lines. Cuomo was pushed out on sexual harassment charges...which I believe to be true. I think them pushing him out, was a first step for the Ms Rape is Sexy case. I think the setup was to get rid of a popular Dem, so going after Trump didn't look as bad.(in their eyes)

This is the same. Hit him with ethics charges, he leaves, and Schumer uses it to try and get rid of one or two rep senators without looking real partisan. Shore up that senate majority.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join