It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two lifeforms merge into one for first time in a billion years

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Almanec

Its not old news to me.

And I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, just like an other post/thread here on ATS anyone is free to comment and join in.....even first-timers.

Where I meant is that young earth creationists will find this information difficult to digest.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Beesnestbomber
How about your wife? Lol
Just kidding but in all honesty if you have the time to have another look and I hope you got or get what you wanted and if you didn't then maybe you should stop reading the mammy files. A billion years is enough for anybody.
a reply to: Freeborn

What are you trying to say?
It's not clear that's why I'm asking you.
edit on 2-5-2024 by Almanec because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Nice OP, thanks !

Mitochondria are amazing !

I watched a vid yesterday, wherein it was suggested that our platelets contain no DNA, and that they were originally a form of plant-life, that symbiosed with us at one point.

Then again : they also said that the blood makes holograms of your leg, if you have a sore leg ...

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

May I be the first to welcome our new Algae overlords?

They cant be any worse than the dummies running the planet now.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Where I meant is that young earth creationists will find this information difficult to digest.

No problem, I welcome your input.

I'm sure they will find it troublesome....but having crossed swords with them several times over the years I expect they'll think of something to discredit it or will simply turn a blind eye.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: KnowItAllKnowNothin

Still so much we don't know.

But that we have now seen two separate organisms join together, not just in a mutually beneficial symbiotic co-existence, but to form a completely new and distinct life form is amazing.

As I said in the OP, I don't understand all of the science, but I do get the general idea and its pretty awesome.

And to think that as far as we are aware this has only ever happened twice before in earth's history.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Æ

No problem, I welcome your input.

I'm sure they will find it troublesome....but having crossed swords with them several times over the years I expect they'll think of something to discredit it or will simply turn a blind eye.

I am sure they will.
Who needs science and evidence when blind faith exists and it's free to use.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   

No. We had the Con Dem Coalition Govt. recently?

And Rees-Mogg is obviously a combination of primordial slime and human DNA?

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It's an ice ream man selling flowers.
People tend to trust most anything with a light.
Even if they don't smoke.
The side effect of television is dramatisation, it's an insanity wrapped up in a new found dickie bow.
Know your stuff and one good look at what you are reading and you should know where it's coming from.
You would know know the difference between a car and a motorcycle by ear alone so why not, I'm not asking you, just expressing my attitude about such writings.
Science isn't for writing to begin with
Most scientists know this.

edit on 2-5-2024 by Beesnestbomber because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

No. We had the Con Dem Coalition Govt. recently?

And Rees-Mogg is obviously a combination of primordial slime and human DNA?

Now it's labour for years to come.
There is no more merging of parties. Perhaps more merging of these little entities in the future.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   

It's an ice ream man selling flowers.
People tend to trust most anything with a light.
Even if they don't smoke.
The side effect of television is dramatisation, it's an insanity wrapped up in a new found dickie bow.
Know your stuff and one good look at what you are reading and you should know where it's coming from.
You would know know the difference between a car and a motorcycle by ear alone so why not, I'm not asking you, just expressing my attitude about such writings.
Science isn't for writing to begin with
Most scientists know this.

Can you explain what it means 'science isn't for writing'. You lost me there, completely.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   
A scientist might say it's like an app.
Look at Einstein's beloved equation.a reply to: Almanec

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

A scientist might say it's like an app.
Look at Einstein's beloved equation.a reply to: Almanec

What equation?

What do you mean by app?

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   

This mixed with CRISPR and 3D printing DNA or other organic material really makes you wonder what’s on the horizon for science.

I’m sure in the 50’s people though going to the moon, and having complex computers in your pocket were far fetched… But technology has proven to have (to this point) exponential growth.

On one hand, we can imagine organ transplants being an exact replica of your own instead of from a donor. On the other we have to imagine we could create life forms that have never existed, and what those ramifications could be.

Customs seem just as serious about produce crossing borders without being declared as drugs, and for good reason. Blights have wiped out whole seasons crops and created problems for years to come. Insects and animals have wreaked unintended consequences to ecosystems.

What could a microorganism, bacteria, or virus do?

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

This mixed with CRISPR and 3D printing DNA or other organic material really makes you wonder what’s on the horizon for science.

I’m sure in the 50’s people though going to the moon, and having complex computers in your pocket were far fetched… But technology has proven to have (to this point) exponential growth.

On one hand, we can imagine organ transplants being an exact replica of your own instead of from a donor. On the other we have to imagine we could create life forms that have never existed, and what those ramifications could be.

Customs seem just as serious about produce crossing borders without being declared as drugs, and for good reason. Blights have wiped out whole seasons crops and created problems for years to come. Insects and animals have wreaked unintended consequences to ecosystems.

What could a microorganism, bacteria, or virus do?

Nothing seems impossible.
Just using it as a catch phrase but isn't far fetched to say in the not that distant future we will be able to create organ transplants but not from donors which implies there would be many more available and for a range of conditions and diseases. Maybe directed evolution isn't science fiction anymore.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 06:27 PM
link   
humanprogress.org...

2.2 billion years ago an archaea shallowed a bacterium resulting in a process that produced the first mitochondrium and 1.6 billion years ago one of these more advanced cells absorbed a cyanobacterium thar results in the formation of a chloroplast.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

It must be stopped!

This is the real reason for the underground hideouts.

People merging into the Earth?

Morlocks!

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein

It must be stopped!

This is the real reason for the underground hideouts.

People merging into the Earth?

Morlocks!

Whaaaat?!

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Did ya read it?
CELL
Metabolic trade-offs constrain the cell size ratio in a nitrogen-fixing symbiosis

“Limitations of the study This study does not unequivocally demonstrate that UCYN-A is an organelle for N2 fixation because, in order to do so, additional experiments would be necessary to show, for instance, protein trafficking and/or gene migration between both symbiotic partners, i.e., UCYN-A and B. bigelowii. Moreover, the symbiotic relationship between the UCYN-A2 sublineage and B. bigelowii might be occasionally unstable under undetermined culture conditions, as it has been reported in this and other similar difficult-to-grow N2-fixing symbioses.6,47 Identifying the conditions triggering the instability of these types of symbioses might help us to better understand what makes them stay together in the natural environment. Furthermore, knowing whether UCYN-A can or cannot be cultivated as a free-living population would be very informative in respect of its nature. In this regard, attempts to maintain free-living UCYN-A cells have been unsuccessful so far, supporting the nitroplast hypothesis, yet further attempts are needed to confirm this observation.”

At any rate, I read what I could understand and from my perspective this clearly represents design intent. I don’t see this as any different than any other biological function at the cellular level. The Algie and bacteria when joined provided a function to the host and the host provided support to the bacterium (symbiosis/endosymbiosis). Why are we jumping to conclusions of an observed random event and claiming it has not happened except for one other instance? That’s a bold statement that is simply pure conjecture based on the inability to observe enough data points to prove.

Also, this is not new, bacteria and viruses have been used to target and deliver in many medical applications. We recognized the logic when we decoded our genome, DNA/RNA and the instruction sets that drive our cells. The similarities between our biological code and what we have developed in the languages of computer science are not that different in structure and logic. mRNA and Crisper CAS9 technologies would not be possible otherwise.

I am not jumping to the cause or origins conclusion, but most agree the “Theory of Evolution” still has some splainen to do. Science has been busy since Darwin, and what we describe as morphing or adapting or evolving appears to be intentional. I do not argue Darwin’s observation, however, interject intelligent intent into the model. Comeon, we are making machine learning and AI systems the learn and subsequently evolve. If you’re the designer you’re going to build in a process by which biology can be adaptable, etc. to external stimuli (epigenetics) as required, provide for variations, better ensuring the survivability and refinement of the design.

Just my crazy theory, science has more work to do, but the deeper we look into ourselves, and cells, my question is; who and why. But for me, the bells went off, with the Covid19 mRNA, Viral Vector technologies, and Crisper. I am working on a simulation hypothesis that examines human biology and the methods of interacting in our environment. More on that later, I would like to some other opinions, but that road certainly tracks intelligent designer…just sayen.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Quick, someone step on it before it multiplies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join