It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

10X faster graphine semiconductor has been made for computers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I will not be holding my breath on the first computers with these new semiconductors however this could be a really big deal.

Researchers have created the world's first graphene semiconductor. The joke goes that graphene can do everything but leave the lab, but in the last few years, this is no longer true. In this episode we'll see how scientists turned the best conductor known to man into a semiconductor, opening the door to faster, cooler and more efficient computing. Note: the resulting graphene was doped with pure oxygen within the experiment. Apologies for not explaining that critical part. Also another correction, I called "Georgia Institute of Technology" "Georgia Tech" , just wanted to clarify that.

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 30 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This is exciting if/when it ever makes it into mass production for the masses. I've also seen a few articles about goldene too. Just wish this stuff was more than just lab experiments or 1 offs.
edit on 30-4-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I can remember when 5Ghz was the CPU fantasy.

And yet here we are with CPU running multiple cores doing so just fine in this day of age.

Spoiled we are if you think about it, then again coming from the likes of the 48k Spectrum.

new topics

join