It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SETI chief says US has no evidence for alien technology. 'And we never have'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
a reply to: Consvoli

"... And we never have"

That is a very odd way to finish such a statement. Why even add this if he never has any direct evidence.

With the double speak going on, sounds more like he has had direct evidence, but had to give it up with the state of national security around this topic. Being in charge of SETI, perhaps under some kind of NDA or other threat to not be candid about what he knows. If he wants to keep his job and freedom, he has to lie about it

This is what I thought too.

Have you noticed that he is more of a businessman and not a research scientist. He has a BSc in Physics and that's all but several years of experience in physics and business/management.
edit on 24-4-2024 by Consvoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Yes, this is just an uninformed opinoin, but this dude's job is to look for other life in the Universe. If he's sure there isn't any, then he needs to step down and let someone who has an open mind run that organizatoin.

And while it's speculative, to say it's totaly absurd and we never have, sounds like an empirical statement. That's a DERP move. This isn't a serious person.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Maybe it’s time to……..

After all, it is purported …… UFO’s and their Pilots are already here….

Why spend tax $$$ dollars looking to Space?

👽☕️🍩
edit on 24-4-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

originally posted by: andy06shake

Ive seen the tic-tac footage Consvoli.

It's interesting but hardly conclusive proof of anything other than a UFO like you suggest.

There is no doubt about the fact that unidentified objects have been spotted in the sky throughout recorded history.

Unfortunately through that does not constitute actual proof of alien visitation.

Truth is that it doesn't have to be alien to be of immense interest.
If there is technology out there far beyond our own capabilities, whose is it?
Is it always our own, hidden by the military?
I can't believe that, because if they had this, they'd use it.

The answer to who made these would be an eye opener either way and change how we think.

So who made these UFOs?

WE, the U.S.A. made them. This is "shock and awe" type things Bush was hinting at during the Gulf War. His dad sure had CIA access. I bet they had rides on them too. UFO's exist. Are they aliens is a big unanswered question?

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Ok...I'll go....Because....????

We...are the "aliens"... and tech as it should reveal...is ours..from "us-aliens" from the future, now.

See?✌️

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I think the answer lies in understanding his premise, I.e., "US has no evidence". Evidence such as physical evidence. There isn't any OR, if there is.......no one outside the Deep State knows about it.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Consvoli
www.space.com...

"The idea that the government is keeping something like this secret is just totally absurd. There's no motivation to do so.We don't have any evidence of any credible source that would indicate the presence of alien technology in our skies. And we never have"

said Bill Diamond, president and chief executive officer of the SETI Institute, headquartered in Mountain View, California

www.seti.org...

"Bill holds a B.A. in Physics from Holy Cross College and a Master’s in Business Administration from Georgetown University. He is a past member of the Advisory Board for the McDonough School of Business Administration at Georgetown and is a current member of the Optical Society of America and the International Astronomical Congress."

What do you make of his statement?

According to him, government keeping secrets or not telling the truth is an absurd idea especially in this matter. I can't agree with him because extraterrestrial life and possible alien visitation is a matter of national security.

We do have very good evidence of UFOs, that doesn't necessarily mean these objects/vehicles are alien in origin.In fact most of these objects are man made but can we be sure all of these objects are designed and produced here? There are several encounters with aerial phenomena that defy explanation. The UFO Phenomenon is not something new but has been recorded throughout human history.

I'll believe it when I hear it from Seth Shostak, founder of SETI @ home.

They occupied the offices right next to mine in Mountain View, CA in the mid '90's.

I met Seth and many of his colleagues - great people!

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I prefer the alien option, because otherwise, and if they are not ours, that means China or Russia has orbs to screw around with our Navy with.

ETA @ "We are the aliens".

edit on 24-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

We...are the "aliens"...

Perhaps we are……

👽🍺
edit on 24-4-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

We...are the "aliens"...

Perhaps we are……

👽🍺

Great movie!

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It's because its all second and third-hand accounts from people.

Where are all the first-hand accounts, whistle-blowers, with actual proof of alien technology?

Turn up to the hearings with that sort of witness and material please.

Else its simply hearsay and hyperbole as unfortunate as the case may be.

All of them are either dead,dissapeared or so scared to talk they will never come foward. Also I dont feel like going to jail forever and not being able to surf the net. Yall will find out in 2036 or so.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yeah, thats rather handy and convenient with regard to perpetuating the ethos that surrounds the topic.

But "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence".

So what happens in 2036?

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think this is a very unfortunate stance for someone of his station to take. Imagine this: You are a scientist. You work on a wild life perserve that has an acreage of over 100,000 hectares. Your group is responsible for taking soil samples and studying the minereal content of the preserve. The preserve may even become a mining operation if its deemed profitable enough and worthwhile. You ride everywhere on little cheap electric scooters. The local animal life consists of mostly groups of wild monkeys. One day your scooter breaks down. The battery has died. You call one of your co-workers to come get you. Later on your group finds out that one of the monkey tribes found the scooter and they are throwing it around, playing with it etc etc. You can see that the scooter is in pieces all over the monkey camp. Your group knows several things:
1) The scooter poses no real threat to the monkeys.
2) You know they will Never figure out how it works. Let alone repair it. Never.
3) You have no interest in the monkeys because you are there doing a geological survey.
4) Its probably not even worth it to recover the scooter so you let the monkeys have it.

Do you realize that to even begin to have the faintest idea of what the scooter is and how it works, the monkeys will literally have to evolve up the evolutionary scale a few levels. Does these monkeys tell the other monkeys what they found? Doubtful. I don't think the aliens (are they aliens if they have been here for 10's if not 100's of thousands of years already?) really care about us nor are really interested in us. Maybe they pop in every so often after we set off a nuclear bomb. But actual dialogue? We are monkeys to them. I know its a sobering thought, but I think this is reality.

I would go so far as to say this is why the government has not gone public . What woud they say? " Yes, there ARE aliens. However, we have no actual interactions with them. We have no idea what they are doing. We think we know how their technology works, in theory. But we have yet to fully replicate it. End of story, please continue on with your lives" a reply to: Consvoli

edit on 24-4-2024 by bhtaylor53 because: spelling

edit on 24-4-2024 by bhtaylor53 because: added text

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   
There's definitely something going on behind the scenes and there's also alot of level resistance within the government/ military but will it break confirmation now that there's witness protection and government transparency, all depends on the the NHI bullrun

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   

alien technology?

It's not even technology. More like Metaphysical, spiritual, esoterica and humans don't yet have the transcendental capacity to understand what's going on even if you shoved it in their faces.

That's the problem when dealing with pareidolia or more precisely...Apophenia.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1
There's definitely something going on behind the scenes and there's also alot of level resistance within the government/ military but will it break confirmation now that there's witness protection and government transparency, all depends on the the NHI bullrun

I believe many will agree with you on this and I think there is something going on for long time now but we don't have the whole picture.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If I had a dollar for every physicist that I came in contact with that absolutely , positively is ridiculous or not on this physical plane, regarding an ET presence on this planet, I would be very rich. We still live in 1633, only this time it's not the Catholic Church that leads the debunking and naysayers.

What I have found , is that the most well credentialed, are usually the biggest critics of ET visitation. They feel it is not observable nor the engineering and energy requirements written in public or academic textbooks, it is not something replicable and not a valid observation. I also feel an arrogance in that the post-docs don't like to think they aren't included in the big secret.I could not break a national security oath, so the convincing or proposition of ignorance had to be be muted.

You are either in an SAP or a deep black contractor, or three letter guy or gal, related to the phenomnea and all your questions will be answered. Furthermore, there are black swans and eventually they become "discovered" and the scientific process validates the observation.

His comment calling the observed phenomena is like the plot of the movie, Contact. The day of disclosure, I'm not sure what that means for SETI.

a reply to: bhtaylor53

edit on 24-4-2024 by anthelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

What's the "NHI bullrun"?

edit on 4/24/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   

What do you make of his statement?

According to him, government keeping secrets or not telling the truth is an absurd idea especially in this matter. I can't agree with him because extraterrestrial life and possible alien visitation is a matter of national security.

Those who know don't tell.

Those who tell don't know.

posted on Apr, 24 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79

He believes that search is far from over because if it is his funding might take a serious hit or be redirected altogether in my opinion.

According to Wikipedia, the SETI Institute's SETI searches are funded entirely by private contributions, and no government funds are allocated for them. However, the SETI Institute is a soft-money institution for research over a range of areas of astrobiology, largely funded with federal money. Other astrobiology research at the SETI Institute may be funded by NASA, the National Science Foundation, or other grants and donations.

Sort of a hybrid of sorts in that some of their astrobiology research may be funded by NASA or the NSF but most of their funding comes from private sources.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join