It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gold and silver prices....woo hoo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asher47
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Gold 5 years ago was $1000/Oz. Today it's $2300/Oz

Why are you trashing the gold and silver markets? It's what has been used for thousands of years as currency.
Are you secretly AOC using your "economics" degree? Or does the bar you tend at not take gold as payment?

I have "a few" Krugerrands lying around...

I like having a real asset that I can actually hold and keep in my home.

posted on Apr, 10 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

We learn this stuff FEMA, DHS etc.... most folks are oblivious. Do you have any idea how heavy gold is?

You ain't running with nowhere to cash it. Run fast. Those neighbors of yours are eying you...

Oh , you are right. $14,000 per lb is too heavy. Hundred dollar bills could be much lighter, and have a dual purpose. Like TP

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Let's start by re-reading. I have a portfolio, Gold, Silver, some others...diverse.

Please understand the thorn in ones side that I am. None of this will last, help you survive, or until it's taken or electronically and physically able to be recovered.

No. Think about it. That's why I say things. My portfolios up a couple grand..woo woo! It's all good. As long as it lasts.

My point.

✌️
edit on 04241630America/ChicagoThu, 11 Apr 2024 19:42:16 -050042202400000016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Old rocker kickin' in here cause a what you said:

"You can't roller skate in a Buffalo herd".

Means the obvious. Never trust...the obvious. Obviously...

SHTF...we ain't thinking commodities!
edit on 04241030America/ChicagoThu, 11 Apr 2024 19:46:10 -050046202400000010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yep something forced the move the longer it goes on the worse it's gonna be , probably they are about to do Iran.Or Iran is gonna do them.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

I'm scared for that tv commercial lady about 70 who talks about having gold and being able to hold it in your hands.

This numbnutz lady will get run down for it when SHTF.

These "hedging for the worse case" commercials...don't tell us we are prob gonna die and gold or "Bitcoin" will be gone, worthless, and unretreivable.

Mass marketing of "ideals" is quite dangerous. Please pay attention.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   
When I started this thread, silver was at 28.07.

Today, silver is at 29.36.

Increase of 1.29 in 4 days.

Gold is currently at 2401.50

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   
There’s a lot more to the rise of gold and silver. I’ve only seen people comment small portions as to why.
If I have more than $250,000 in the bank and it crashes I lose anything in excess of that. But my gold will still be with me…
I understand where people come from that if SHTF what is having gold and silver going to do for you? Well if things stay civil enough the guy who doesn’t have 8000 tomato plants in his backyard might use his gold to purchase some tomatoes from somebody who does for example. But like I said that’s only if things stay civil… not everybody will have a goods to trade so you’ve got to have some sort of system if the dollar is worth nothing that’s where gold and silver could come in. I just don’t understand how some people are worried about a total collapse and on the same hand say that stocks are a better investment. If you’re so worried about a total collapse an early investment in gold and silver could help provide the money to obtain prepping materials…

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Seeds, access to water, other barter....

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat
The reason for the uptick in precious metals is for superconductors, CPU's, GPU's, circuit boards, transistors and capacitors.

We're at the ground floor of a new industrial revolution due to automation.

The Warren Buffets and Michael Burry's are heavily investing in Nvidia, Google and Microsoft.

If you're hedging your bets with gold in silver for fears of an economic collapse, you're better off investing in seeds.

What are you gonna do? Whip out a bar of gold and start shaving away at it until you have enough strands to buy a chicken? The chicken salesman is going to want ammo or milk.

The precious metals are for the millions of robots that corporations will buy for labor and for the millions of robots people will buy for... fun.

And that is not a good investment if you want to buy bread after an EMP however. I would keep some silver and gold for when it all comes back, but you need food and water. You will also need a plan to defend your neighborhood homes from pirates. Rural folks are all likely packing heat and are well versed in weapon control over the target, but city folks have been brow beaten into giving up their weapons at every turn.

edit on 12000000043020244America/Chicago04am4 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

When I think about prepping for the possibility of everything going downhill my mind goes in 1 million different directions. You could easily drop $100,000 preparing for every scenario. Unfortunately I think humans are too far gone to collectively say if SHTF happens paper money will be useless and having gold and silver as a way to purchase items is a good idea. Millions of city people will not have a ability to grow enough food to survive and I doubt trading a 85 inch television or a PlayStation five is going to get you much. But out of all of my million thoughts I always fall back on being able to protect what you do have because there’s no way in the world there’s going to be enough to go around if you did come to trading and bartering. And that’s when society crumbles!

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

Agreed. I always have to chuckle to myself when I see commercials from companies that are selling gold to people as a safe haven for their money. If it was so great, why in the hell are they selling it in the first place.Wouldn't they be holding on to it if it was so valuable?

those gold/PM companies are certified gold/pm distributers to American 'public'... there are only 12 such Distribution Outlets authorized by government to sell 'bullion' from USA Mint (i used JM BULLION) for 8 years

these 12 gold/pm distributors are guaranteed profits thru charging Premiums to infinity

link   

edit on 12-4-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 12-4-2024 by StudioNada because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Fear based marketing is a solid strategy when you know who to target your campaign too.

It's working on me....I'm buying a lot more ammo and perhaps another 590.
I feel that's a more practical purchase than gold and silver, considering the current state of affairs.
edit on 12-4-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Certainly precious metals will be useless for a time. Therefore, we have to think logically about simple things. Being able to plant a crop of some kind to eat and trade with others may become a needed skill set again one day. Having clean water source is essential to health. We can eat the weeds that grow here in their season. Lots of game in the woods but city folks won't have the skill set to get the meat harvested.

originally posted by: Imnotasmartman

originally posted by: Justoneman

When I think about prepping for the possibility of everything going downhill my mind goes in 1 million different directions. You could easily drop $100,000 preparing for every scenario. Unfortunately I think humans are too far gone to collectively say if SHTF happens paper money will be useless and having gold and silver as a way to purchase items is a good idea. Millions of city people will not have a ability to grow enough food to survive and I doubt trading a 85 inch television or a PlayStation five is going to get you much. But out of all of my million thoughts I always fall back on being able to protect what you do have because there’s no way in the world there’s going to be enough to go around if you did come to trading and bartering. And that’s when society crumbles!

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

Fear based marketing is a solid strategy when you know who to target your campaign too.

It's working on me....I'm buying a lot more ammo and perhaps another 590.
I feel that's a more practical purchase than gold and silver, considering the current state of affairs.

I've been thinking about stocking up on ammo but I don't want to act like a prepper. On the other hand, better safe than sorry.

I only have 3 guns anyway: 12 gauge shotgun, Remington 30-30 rifle and my S&W 9mm.

Shouldn't set me back too much. And, you know what they say, right?

"You can never be too rich, too thin or have too much ammo".

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   
In french, Gold is pronounced the same as Art.

And so, one might say something is as valuable as Art/Gold!

Also, Silver is the same word as Money.

And so, one might say Silver makes the world go round!

Just adding in my two cents (sense)

Make new friends, but keep the old; Those are silver, these are gold. New-made friendships, like new wine, Age will mellow and refine. Friendships that have stood the test - Time and change - are surely best; Brow may wrinkle, hair grow gray, Friendship never knows decay.

- Joseph Parry

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

If you end up with too much ammo that’s ok, especially those calibres.

In the thick of the bad times lead may be worth as much as gold.

You would have a nice diverse metal portfolio!

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS
a reply to: SchrodingersRat

If you end up with too much ammo that’s ok, especially those calibres.

In the thick of the bad times lead may be worth as much as gold.

You would have a nice diverse metal portfolio!

Very good points!

I'm heading to the store tomorrow. I already have a decent amount of 9mm but definitely do not have much of the shotgun or 30-30.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join