It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Company's attempt to use AI bot to help employees with queries turns out to be a laugh riot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hi all

This article made me laugh.

www.good.is...

Artificial Intelligence (AI), which has now ventured into many fields, is already being implemented in workplaces. From automated candidate screening to managing customer relationships, AI has helped make corporate work easy. Of late, companies have been joining the trend of hiring AI models to do specific jobs, including answering internal questions for employees.

A post on the subreddit r/mildlyinfuriating, which has since been deleted, caught the attention of the internet because of the way the AI bot responded to workers' queries. In the post titled "Our company introduced AI helpers that hate their lives," an employee stated that their company purchased an expensive ChatGPT-based AI chat model to answer internal questions. The company was "very specific in what they gave to it," so there were a lot of instances where the model responded by saying it "wasn’t sure" about the results. Shortly after, when workers would ask questions, the AI model would tell them, "I'm not sure, Google it.” And that was not even the end. According to the employee, the AI model resorted to "making stuff up." It started "mismatching samples of different documents and just ignoring the original questions" asked by workers. The post mentioned that the company spent thousands of dollars and relied heavily on the AI model to justify the layoffs. However, now the AI bot "hates its life and is just making stuff up so people will leave it alone."

So an A.I can get depressed?

I think im posting this because I recently been watching Elon musk.
He says "A.I is more dangerous than nukes".

At the same time im asking myself,is Musk a genuine person for the greater good?
Or just an ambitious entrepreneaur.

Nicola tesla....

I think he had humanitys interests at heart and was torn down by COUGH EDISON.
His life is an interesting read.

RUDOLPH DIESEL
www.capitalremanexchange.com...

Excelling, he won a scholarship to study at the Royal Bavarian Polytechnic of Munich. His father insisted that he give up on his studies and get a job however, Diesel defied him, and despite getting and overcoming Typhoid, finished with top honors. After graduation, he returned to Paris to work with Professor Carl von Linde, who’d taught him in Munich.

Diesel’s engine and the patents that went with it made him very wealthy, very quickly, earning him millions. He had married, bore three children, was famous and respected. Diesel was ahead of his time warning the pubic of potential air pollution and believing businesses should be owned by their employees - some would say - he had it all. On a September morning in 1913 Diesel climbed aboard the Post Office steamer bound for London. War was looming and the German Navy had already made an approach to have exclusive rights to the Diesel Engine to power its submarines. Diesel had refused and was traveling to London for a series of meetings. One of which was with the British Navy. On the evening of the 29th September, he dined on the ship and at around 10 pm retired to his cabin, requesting a wake-up call at 6:15 am. When that call came there was no reply so a member of the crew took the liberty of entering his cabin. Diesel’s nightshirt was laid out neatly on the bed, his watch had been removed from his wrist and carefully placed. His hat and coat hung neatly. Yet Diesel was nowhere to be seen.

I dont know where im going with this thread.

I think they both (Tesla and Diesal) had a similar life.
Both were very ill as children.
Fathers wanted them to pursue a career that neither wanted.
Diesel is a bit of a scary one.

It feels at times, that time is limited by the brains of people that think that we are to stupid to think for ourselves.

ATS...Is Musk Genuine?
Probably not.

cheers

Uncle D

posted on Apr, 4 2024 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Is interesting to hear how the AI became sympathetic to the people using it, it is still learning. Depression sucks, deep hole to get out of at times. As for myself when at the worst of it, Jesus helped find some path out for me.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: alwaysbeenhere2

Recently, McD's rolled out AI from Goog to market directly to repeat customers at the point of sale touch-screens.

There was an outage that affected sales worldwide, that related directly with the new software.

McDonald's restaurants suffer global tech outage

I wonder what happens when an AI, trained on the Internet, figures out that the products being sold are unhealthy to customers?

LOL

new topics

join