It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I learned, 'goyim' means 'nation', in Biblical Hebrew

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Note: This isn't a hate thread against the Jewish people. Just history and a conspiracy of mine going back to the people of circa 2000-3000 BC.

Goyim is commonly known as, someone who is non-Jewish.

I've been following the ancestry of Abraham and the many fathers, going back, to the wiki article, sons of Noah.

The term nations to describe the descendants is a standard English translation of the Hebrew word "goyim", following the c. 400 CE Latin Vulgate's "nationes", and does not have the same political connotations that the word entails today

I kind of think otherwise, that it doesn't have the same political connotations that the word 'nation' entails today. Eber was a great-grandson of Noah's son Shem and the father of Peleg. Born circa 2283 BC. Noah would be slightly further back. It would be a time close to the start of human civilisation. I think if these people are the start of a world power.

The first Eblaite kingdom has been described as the first recorded world power.

- en.wikipedia.org...

Ebla was an important center throughout the 3rd millennium bc and in the first half of the 2nd millennium bc.

Sons of Noah, Abraham, etc were thought to be of Mesopotamia, South Persia, Levant area etc. Which is where Ebla is. The time of Ebla's world power is the same time of Noah's sons etc.

Also the twelves spies en.wikipedia.org... :

The Twelve Spies, as recorded in the Book of Numbers, were a group of Israelite chieftains, one from each of the Twelve Tribes, who were dispatched by Moses to scout out the Land of Canaan for 40 days[

To spy on Canaan. An area not yet covered by them as much if they are more from Mesopotamia way.

Joshua, the leader of the Israelite tribes after the death of Moses, who conquered Canaan and distributed its lands to the 12 tribes.

- www.britannica.com...

They don't say, conquered, they say to receive the "promised land" of god or something...

This suggests to me, an organised gang of sorts. Of course religion can easily be used to hoodwink people back then.

Moses asked for an assessment of the geographic features of the land, the strength and numbers of the population, the agricultural potential and actual performance of the land, civic organization (whether their cities were like camps or strongholds), and forestry conditions

Agriculture, probably made people more docile, not so much going out bearing with the wild, more sitting around, less active, eventually less vigilant etc. And agriculture has signs going back to 11,000 BC in Mesopotamia, I think nomadic people from further afield might of noticed the more docile nature of these tribes, and saw an opportunity to exploit.

So basically, I think Noah/Moses etc. set up nations, and would rather the peace of nomadic ways or independent ways, like the ways of living before civilisations and cities etc. and that's why I think the word 'nation' and 'goyim' translate that way.

Then you see, 'United Nations'... to me, I see United Goyim.

edit on 2-4-2024 by JonnyC555 because: firts paragraph line amend.

edit on 2-4-2024 by JonnyC555 because: first paragraph, explain better.

edit on 2-4-2024 by JonnyC555 because: space, first paragraph.

edit on 2-4-2024 by JonnyC555 because: an not a

edit on 2-4-2024 by JonnyC555 because: Added a quote about the spies.

edit on 2-4-2024 by JonnyC555 because: Added, note at the top.

edit on 2-4-2024 by JonnyC555 because: Changed the title.

edit on 2-4-2024 by JonnyC555 because: Added explanation of common use of the word goyim.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   
the unnited nati0ns are a gl0balist skam.

their only misssion to destr0y the s0verignty of our Republik.

g0yam means cattle.
the villlains who own the planet, think of the rest of us as cattle.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Well ... Noah never existed, so that means his offspring never existed too.
Not sure what that does to your Goyim timeline ...

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

all the mythologies of the past have been erased.
who knows what is real or not real.

even to this day, i see them destr0ying technology advanced buildings, right now the street from me. they rip them down, and put up tiny condos for mini0ns to watch vr in.

by destr0ying evidence of advanced tech and kn0wledge- well then, hist0ry as well is erased, and only their hist0ry remains.

n0ah might very well have existed.

this w0rld is a theme park like skam. we are all here because we fell for the skam, and now trapped.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The first that gathered people together and made himself king over them was Nimrod. Nimrod was the son of Cush, and grandson of Ham. He was the first to found an empire. It included the cities of Babel, Erech, Accad, and Calneh. in the land of Shinar.

After founding Babel and directing the tower of Babel, he went on to Asyria and built "Nineveh and Rehoboth-Ir and Calah and Resen between Nineveh and Calah: this is the great city."-Genesis 10:11-12.

Aysria derived its name from one of Shem's sons, Asshur. So it becomes apparent that Nimrod (meaning rebel, from the Hebrew verb ma'radh - to rebel - stirred up the whole world to rebel (himrid) against God), the grandson of Ham, was a mighty agressor against humans. The "mighty hunter" apparently was a hunter of humankind. A murderer, a tyrant, a dictator, and evil man.

What Nimrod did in the chase as a hunter was the earlier token of what he achieved as a conqueror. For hunting and heroism were of old specially and naturally associated . . . The Assyrian monuments also picture many feats in hunting, and the word is often employed to denote campaigning. . . . The chase and the battle, which in the same country were connected so closely in aftertimes, may therefore be virtually associated or identified here. The meaning then will be, that Nimrod was the first after the flood to found a kingdom, to unite the fragments of scattered patriarchal rule, and consolidate them under himself as sole head and master; and all this in defiance of Jehovah, for it was the violent intrusion of Hamitic power into a Shemitic territory.”
Cyclopædia 1894, Vol. VII, p. 109

Ebla was an ancient Syrian city and had a Semitic language similar to the Hebrews (descendants of Abraham) (it has been suggested that the word Hebrew comes from Eber, there have been other suggestions such as from the meaning "other side of the river" from the Hebrew verb Avar, that is "pass over" the Euphrates river, this was when he let the city of Ur and "passed over" the great river, the Euphrates and entered into the promised land, or the land of Canaan). But when you say the "sons of Noah" which one are you referring to? There were 3, and from them all the nations of the earth come, Shem, Ham, and Japeth. I'm assuming you meant Shem.

Ebla—An Ancient City Emerges From Oblivion

Origin of Nations

I couldn't find any reference to the fact that Ebla was named after Eber anywhere after some research. The article I have linked about Ebla states this about the origin of its name:

The most ancient cities were built on alluvial plains, such as that between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, where intensive agriculture was possible. The first cities mentioned in the Bible were located in Mesopotamia. (Genesis 10:10) It seems that the name Ebla means “White Rock,” referring to the limestone substratum on which the city stood. The site was evidently chosen because the limestone layer guaranteed the presence of a natural water supply, important in a region far from major rivers.

Also notice that Abraham did not worship the gods that his fathers Nahor and Terah served:

"Joshua said to all the people: “This is what Jehovah the God of Israel says, ‘It was on the other side of the River that your forefathers lived a long time ago—Teʹrah the father of Abraham and the father of Naʹhor—and they used to serve other gods."-Joshua 24:22.

edit on Tue, 02 Apr 2024 11:00:12 -0500am40220240400000012America/ChicagoTue, 02 Apr 2024 11:00:12 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Well ... Noah never existed

I've never heard a Christain say that before! That puts 'the word of God' in a whole new light! I wonder what other writings in the Bible is false?

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I've never heard a Christain say that before! That puts 'the word of God' in a whole new light! I wonder what other writings in the Bible is false?

The Old Testament isn't all to be read as literal history. Noahs Ark, Jonah and the Whale, Job, talking snakes in the Garden of Eden, Tower of Babel ... all not to be taken as literal history.

ATS Thread - Noahs Ark and the Biblical World Wide Flood Never Happened.
edit on 4/2/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: nugget1

The Old Testament isn't all to be read as literal history. Noahs Ark, Jonah and the Whale, Job, talking snakes in the Garden of Eden, Tower of Babel ... all not to be taken as literal history.

ATS Thread - Noahs Ark and the Biblical World Wide Flood Never Happened.

Well, #e!! I guess we can pick and choose what might be true and what's a lie then!

Who knew?

When anybody tried to pull the woll over my eyes their word carries zero weight from that day forward. Thanks for enlightening me!

top topics

join