It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A theory regarding the strangeness surrounding the April 8 eclipse...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: nugget1

Isn't the San Andreas "Big One" well overdue?

Actually, the Cascadia Subduction Zone is far more dangerous, and they're both overdue. Or, scientists forgot to syncronize their clocks with the Big Guy.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BduardErnstein
Once again , who is telling people to stock up
Ive heard nothing of the such ?

Two words:

SEARCH ENGINE.

ETA: On second thought, given the fact that you obviously would rather cast aspersion in ignorance rather than do a little bit of research for yourself, here ...

>Emergency officials warn people to stock up on food, water and fuel ahead of total solar eclipse

>Map Shows Warnings for People to Stock Up on Food Ahead of Solar Eclipse

>Texas Official Warns People to Stock Up on Food Ahead of Solar Eclipse

>8 things you need to do to prepare for the total solar eclipse

is that enough, or do you need more? Do a search with the keywords stock up food water eclipse.

The quality of dialog here has really gone in the toilet of late. Seems there are many who would rather just make personal attacks, say stupid, uninformed stuff, or just go apey over anything they don't want to agree with instead of engaging in any kind of reasonable dialog. it really gets to be tiring.

:
edit on 2024 3 30 by AwakeNotWoke because: ETA.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   
To the far left, don't forget to look up at the Sun.

It's being oppressed by the Moon. The Moon needs yelled at.

Just think about how white the moon is, after all.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I do remember when they said that the last eclipse was racist. Now this one too, eh?

I guess we white supremacists are winning. Even the cosmos is on our side!

:
edit on 2024 3 30 by AwakeNotWoke because: I could.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

We all know that there is some weird stuff going down in the US on April 8, the day of the upcoming eclipse. People are being advised to stock up on food and water. Schools are closed. Law enforcement and other security apparati are on alert. Notices of difficulty with communications systems is being predicted. Circulation of of cargo trucks is being restricted in some area.

SARC) This sounds like a perfectly normal eclipse that always
garners this exact same reaction. SARC off)

This is simply their cover to implement the rest of the plan that
will send the world into complete and total domination. Before
the coming of someone they've long awaited. You should know
the rest of the prophesied story and how it ends. In death destruction
and total annihilation of this world. (Notice the timing)

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosOMegas

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain
Most of what you're claiming as "strangeness" was explained in the other recent thread about the eclipse.

It's not "supposedly" because of the influx of people.

It IS because of the influx of people.

And it's totally justified.

Last time, some places saw few problems. Other places were overwhelmed by more people than they have the infrastructure to support.

It's a temporary problem, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

With all of these preparations, the chaos may be reduced this time.

I'm sorry but have you EVER heard of people traveling to go see an eclipse!?! It couldn't be more BS...

Yeah, my entire family is just going to visit relatives who happen to live in the path of the full eclipse on the day of the eclipse. Not on purpose at all, who wants to travel to see an eclipse.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   

An eclipse is sign from our Fahter in Heaven. A forboding if you will.

He's letting both those who are at war with him. And his faithful that
he is watching as always. And is about to act against the decadent
secular and blasphemous mockers of his Divine and Holy authority
over this world and the next. In other words if I calculate correctly
we're in for one hell of ride. No matter who you are.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625

originally posted by: AwakeNotWoke
We all know that there is some weird stuff going down in the US on April 8, the day of the upcoming eclipse. People are being advised to stock up on food and water. Schools are closed. Law enforcement and other security apparati are on alert. Notices of difficulty with communications systems is being predicted. Circulation of of cargo trucks is being restricted in some area.

Who, where, what? I'm in the path of the eclipse, and I've heard of no such things. School is definitely not closed.

I live in the main path also, and no school's closing that I have heard here, but around the other states some are.

And, Wegman's grocery stores along the path are closing for 30 minutes I think I read. "so employee's can see the eclipse"

So yeah, lot's of unprecedented stuff!
edit on 30-3-2024 by TruthJava because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus

An eclipse is sign from our Fahter in Heaven. A forboding if you will.

He's letting both those who are at war with him. And his faithful that
he is watching as always. And is about to act against the decadent
secular and blasphemous mockers of his Divine and Holy authority
over this world and the next. In other words if I calculate correctly
we're in for one hell of ride. No matter who you are.

Romans 1:

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world,[g] in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27 and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31 foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32 Though they know God's righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BduardErnstein
Once again , who is telling people to stock up
Ive heard nothing of the such ?

Two words:

SEARCH ENGINE.

ETA: On second thought, given the fact that you obviously would rather cast aspersion in ignorance rather than do a little bit of research for yourself, here ...

>Emergency officials warn people to stock up on food, water and fuel ahead of total solar eclipse

>Map Shows Warnings for People to Stock Up on Food Ahead of Solar Eclipse

>Texas Official Warns People to Stock Up on Food Ahead of Solar Eclipse

>8 things you need to do to prepare for the total solar eclipse

is that enough, or do you need more? Do a search with the keywords stock up food water eclipse.

The quality of dialog here has really gone in the toilet of late. Seems there are many who would rather just make personal attacks, say stupid, uninformed stuff, or just go apey over anything they don't want to agree with instead of engaging in any kind of reasonable dialog. it really gets to be tiring.

:
So that equates to some conspiracy ?
It’s because of the mass amounts of people converging on those areas grocery stores , gas stations etc…
Im in violation of non-quality discussion ?
This whole thread is silly

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I just want to say I agree with OP about the strangeness of all these warnings. I don't know how anyone could say they haven't noticed them. I've been trying not to "internet" lately but I still get notifications on my phone. "So and so issues warning" "stock up on food and water" Oh, and I live in Kentucky, several hundreds of miles away from the path of totality and our school is letting out 3 hours early that day.

We have had several solar eclipses in the past decade. In my past 40 years of life. And I have never seen this many warnings.

Is something bad going to happen? Is there a conspiracy?

In all honesty, I don't think anything is going to happen. I just think its the current hot topic and everyone is jumping on board to get more clicks. More clicks equal more ad revenue.

Also. The path of totality is closer to the center of the US, so because of the location, there may be more people traveling to these events? Also its during a solar maximum instead of a solar minimum? Are we having a super moon at the same time? Because I noticed last night the moon looked freakin huge and it was beautiful.

In the end, I think all this commotion is due to it being the current thing in the tiktok generation.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"You know, this is a conspiracy web site where conspiracy theories are bandied about. I never said that this would happen, only that it was a thought that occurred to me. I'm amazed by the kind of people that come to a conspiracy theory website then get triggered by conspiracy theories."

Triggered?

Are you forgetting that the site's motto is "Deny Ignorance."?

Critical thinking is a good thing.

Yes, CTs are bandied about on here.

They are also discussed, not blindly accepted.

I agree. I never expected everyone to get on board and say, "YEAH, THAT'S GONNA HAPPEN." I said that in my opening post. It's a theory. Most likely not going to happen, but given the last few years it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

But when people say things like, "It's people desperate for attention just making up conspiracy theories out of thin air," that's being triggered. No need to personally attack people who are just tossing out ideas. If I were wanting attention, this is the last place I'd come to get it!

Like I said, some folks just need to go to CNN or MSNBC where they can feel safe.

:

I’m neither here nor there on this.

ATS, to stand up to its name, always looks into the conspiratorial possibilities when it comes to these unique events.

Rather than being desperate for attention, I’m just enjoying the theory.

People need to lighten up and let people have their fun 🤩

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Maybe it’s that Devil Comet that we should be worried about. Part of its drive by coincides with the eclipse.

They always show up around pandemics.

This article covers Covid.

A Bright Comet With A Tail Could Adorn Twilight Just As The Coronavirus Epidemic Peaks

www.forbes.com...

And this article from the Guardian in 2000 covers the rest.

They reach the peak of their activity, the maxima, every 11 years, coinciding, the scientists say, with all major flu outbreaks since 1761, including the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic blamed for 20m deaths worldwide. The latest cycle began to peak in September and the maxima is due sometime this year.

www.theguardian.com...

Maybe your onto something but the eclipse is just meant to keep us in the dark?

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 09:35 PM
link   

But how could the eclipse trigger a vaccine?

Naw I'm just jerkin' your handle. I actually read your opening post and most of the thread. Perhaps all the obfuscation and ridicule to your theory is proof you're onto something big

Anyways yes something is a little off about this eclipse just from the number of weird theories coming from all directions. I posted a thread recently about how bizarre all the news is lately. Why pass up the opportunity for some weird false flag during the eclipse? As far as we speculate, TPTB and the elites seem to love their symbolism. I've even heard about Blue Beam making its debut. The fun possibilities are endless! Anything can happen, and usually does!

Anyways I don't post much these days. ATS has gone in a wrong direction for me. I just wanted to chime in because thinking outside the box is fun and I appreciate you bringing a little slice of old ATS back. You also held your attitude quite well in the face of a dozen or so posters that have trouble reading or doing their own synthesis of thought. I know it's frustrating when that happens.

edit on 30-3-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 09:36 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There are going to be a lot of idiots going down to areas to view the eclipse. No patients, it is not a once in a lifetime event. Seen a couple of them that came to where I was...interesting, but not something I would go a few hundred miles to see and stay in a motel...probably a four hundred buck trip for people charged on a charge card with high interest rates.

It gets dark during a full eclipse, not so much in a partial eclipse, have seen maybe six of those also in my life. Working outside a lot, you get to observe them when they happen. In an office I suppose seeing them is not so easy to do when you are working.

So with all those idiots on the road going to view them, there will be more accidents and possibly more crooks will be going to rob people and stores too, nobody will know them in the area, perfect opportunity to get money to pay for the trip.

I wouldn't want to be riding around when there are a lot of people not from the area that are driving around not knowing how the traffic flows. Just think of the extra traffic of country people going to the city during that time to shop and view the eclipse.

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

Thanks, AlroyFarms.

Yeah, I was away for more than a month, made a couple of forays back, but like you am finding the forums full of dolts who:

1. lack any sense of humor.
2. seem incapable of, as you said, thinking outside the box.
3. get triggered by anything that's outside the approved narrative.

They are all either lefty progressive types (the progressive mind virus destroys the ability to understand humor reason, or engage in productive dialog). or they are paid trolls sent in to derail any conversation that dares to veer from establishment approved topics.

:

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

No doubt that's part of it. As I mentioned before, I've watched over the last few years how people are led around by media like sheep with rings in their noses. This bizarre thing about blood moons, blue moons, flower moons, super moons is weird. Suddenly people are all excited because they're going to see a "blood moon." It's the same damned moon. Just because some talking head or (more likely) some gov't psyop has put a name on the moon that'll be popping over the horizon tomorrow night and tells you to be excited about it, everybody is a a-twitter. It's disturbing, really.

But there are some elements to this that are over the top. I know that there is going to be an overage of traffic in some areas, but that happens all the time. Thanksgiving, Christmas, Labor Day, July 4 all come to mind. Hell, I-10 between Louisiana and Texas during any of those periods is a nightmare!

Declaring a "state of emergency?" Really? For an eclipse? When has any state, county or township ever done that in the past? Can one of you whiners give me one example?

A town supervisor says he's "scared as hell." Either he's a complete idiot who should not be town supervisor, or he knows something he's not telling. I don't deny that the former is a good possibility (there many idiots in positions of public office), but seriously, "scared as hell?"

We'll have to wait and see. Hopefully it's just a bunch of self-important officials getting their knickers in a knot for no good reason. That's a good possibility. But given what we've experienced over the last few years, nothing would surprise me.

:

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Right hand index to right eye and then chest high at you.

That's sign lanuage for, I"M WATCHING YOU!

posted on Mar, 30 2024 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I am sixty eight years old and have seen a lot of weird things here in the US in my life. But lately society is getting real weird...I question whether we will even be able to tell if society gets weirder that day. Maybe it is just that people will open their eyes and see how crazy it has gotten in the USA on that day.

What will I be doing that day? It's monday, I have to take the trash cart down to the road, get the great granddaughter to the bus, and pick her up from the bus. I will feed the fish, give the cat breakfast twice as usual, and feed the deer that come to the patio door potatoes, carrots, homemade bread, and maybe an apple each...there are three of them. I only have thirty pounds of potatoes left, ten pounds of carrots, and five pounds of apples, so I will definitely be buying more of those before the eighth.

I would bet that a lot of people will be going down to those areas to view it, and I also bet it will be cloudy that day in lots of those places and the people will not see anything. I would never make reservations at a motel or plan to go somewhere to see something like that when you cannot depend on it being clear sky where you go.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join