It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something to think about when they try to start another bad war

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 09:48 PM
link   
What if they didn’t get away with it because of their families? Kennedy, McCain, perhaps Bush.

Some suggest these men may have gotten away with transgressions because of their family wealth and power. But what if they didn't get away with it?

What if they had to provide favors in exchange for saving them from court martial and disgrace for their families?

Each was involved in starting wars this country may not have had to be in.

One was involved in greatly prolonging a war which had been essentially won. GWB appointed Paul Bremmer to head the occupation of Iraq. Bremmer discharged and released the surrendered Iraqui army who suddenly became homeless, unpaid, unfed, and unsupervised as a result. They and their weapon caches are thought to have been a major impetus to the insurrection.

What if the hypothetical conspiracy wasn’t high level but grass roots? Perhaps from some community which badly needed government pork? What if they were from some sort of community gang which instructed them to not tell what they knew but to keep records of it?

Each war led to weapons contracts. The wounded got military disability pensions instead of needing a job. Hospitals and staff were paid for by the federal government and the money went into communities.
edit on 13-3-2024 by Solvedit because: format

There were questions surrounding the loss of PT109. The log of the destroyer IJN Amagiri allegedly did not report any enemy contact that night. Some speculate JFK’s family name and money got him off the hook.

G.H.W. Bush was the sole survivor of one of his missions but I am unaware if there were any suggestions of misconduct.

Without any proof that I am aware of, some suggest perhaps one of the pilots, perhaps John McCain, on board the USS Oriskany was trying to prank his crew by creating a fireball from his engine while on deck, in a way which created a power surge in his aircraft’s electrical system and set off one of his air-to-ground rockets, which caused a huge fire aboard the carrier. Again, it was suggested he got lenient treatment because of his father, the Admiral.

There were suggestions of favoritism surrounding W’s posting to the home front in wartime as well as contradictory claims of extended periods of going AWOL. There were contradictory reports and missing documents which were suddenly found.

edit on 13-3-2024 by Solvedit because: format

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

Which wars did JFK and McCain start?

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

JFK - Vietnam. He didn't start it, he started our involvement in it.

McCain was a POW in Vietnam.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

McCain was a POS in Vietnam.

Fixed that for you.

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 11:25 PM
link   

If I may ask, what war was good?

posted on Mar, 13 2024 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Fixed that for you.

Yes.

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

There are no "good" wars. All war is "bad".

And those you speak of are mere Pawns me thinks. If we are to stop wars, we must agree en masse to never fight anyone except with words, wisdom and common sense.

Unfortunately, being a soldier, fuelling the infrastructure and the technology is a job to many so they use that excuse to fuel those wars oblivious to their lack of conscience.

It is also fuelled by a fear factor to provide "defence" which is the main culprit and dualistic in nature.

The ONLY war worth fighting for is one that fights WARRING called Peaceful Solution.

It starts with the individual.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It’s always been the temptation of the influential to express nepotism and the temptation of the observant to manipulate any leverage created by the privileged indulging those temptations.

I find your line of enquiry highly plausible and enjoyed reading about what you have dug up so far

Good OP

edit on 14-3-2024 by Dalamax because: Eta

To nerbot.

Several people I know went to war to kill people. At least one travelled halfway around the globe to volunteer twice for Vietnam.

He claims he liked the food 🤷🏽‍♂️

Just an anecdote to remind you that some peoples motivations will be completely alien to you.
edit on 14-3-2024 by Dalamax because: Textural economy

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It was the USS Forrestal not the Oriskany.

It's involved in starting, involved in starting.

Maybe JFK's concession to the supposed blackmailers was merely to have a potential hawk for a VP? He did increase US involvement in South Vietnam.

From Wikipedia: "In the days after [9/11], he [Senator McCain] became one of the most visible leadership voices in the nation, saying: "If there's anything Americans should know about this, it's that it's going to be a long struggle ... Americans have gotten used to quick fixes. We haven't been in a long struggle since the Vietnam War." Which may have indicated where he wanted to lead the country.
edit on 14-3-2024 by Solvedit because: added a sentence.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

originally posted by: Solvedit

There are no "good" wars. All war is "bad".
Some wars are more pointless than others.

I don't know that terribly much about Vietnam but Gulf 2 was probably not necessary and prolonging it by disbanding the surrendered Iraqi army may have been a terrible waste.
edit on 14-3-2024 by Solvedit because: redirect

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 06:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 07:06 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Fixed that for you.

POW, POS- I can see how some are easily confused and it doesn't help that the media has portrayed old Songbird as some kind of war hero for decades.

Off topic, but I find myself wondering why Jehovah Witness cult members have so deeply embedded themselves in all ATS topics-usuing 5,000 words to express a thought that could be conveyed in one or two sentences? Their egos appear to be almost as big as Biden's.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Off topic, but I find myself wondering why Jehovah Witness cult members have so deeply embedded themselves in all ATS topics-usuing 5,000 words to express a thought that could be conveyed in one or two sentences?

I can also make my point with 1 song, won't make a lick of difference on you still wanting to do your Isa 5:20 paintjob though (or believing those who already conditioned and indoctrinated you with that slanderous paintjob; still not a cult, still not anywhere close to your pride, still not possible to convey the most crucial points in my 3 comments in just "one or two sentences"; is it too much to ask you to stop lying? Honesty is a virtue and very much appreciated, come on, you can do it, what's the worst that can happen? An allergic skin reaction? Don't worry, won't happen):

edit on 14-3-2024 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Fixed that for you.

His policies as a politician are open to criticism (I’d be the first to join)

But I don’t see how that retroactively takes away from the fact he was a POW and tortured in a senseless war.

No sense dunking on vets who had to sacrifice.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Fixed that for you.

POW, POS- I can see how some are easily confused and it doesn't help that the media has portrayed old Songbird as some kind of war hero for decades.

Off topic, but I find myself wondering why Jehovah Witness cult members have so deeply embedded themselves in all ATS topics-usuing 5,000 words to express a thought that could be conveyed in one or two sentences? Their egos appear to be almost as big as Biden's.

How do you know the posters are JW?

Have they identified themselves as such?

If so, I missed it.

But I do think they are looney tunes along the lines of Scientologists, Jews for Jesus, Some branches of Mormonism, etc.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:09 PM
link   

How do you know the posters are JW?

The page of the video titled "Is The Devil Real?" has a live link to jw.org.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
No sense dunking on vets who had to sacrifice.

Hitler was a corporal in WW 1. He was temporarily blinded in a gas attack.

Being a veteran doesn't make a person immune from doing wrong.

Being captured by the enemy doesn't make a person immune from moral compromise.

I wouldn't say I was dunking on him. It's just a hypothetical possibility.

posted on Mar, 14 2024 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Both the Bushes had very questionable service histories from what I can remember, with HW being mentioned in newspapers in the states for a simple bar fight in Australia or NZ and junior Bush none of the people in his air unit ever remember seeing him or serving with him and even Tom Cruise jokes about it in his movie lions for lambs m.imdb.com...

Remember this Malborough mans address in the x-files H w west Street

top topics

<<   2 >>

join