It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google AI Bot Makes the Biggest Ironic Screwup of All Time

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Google AI Bot screwed up bigtime.

"It" apparently portrayed many famous "White" historical figures as Black, Native American, Asian, etc. !!! 🤣

Huge IRONY in 2024 Black History Month of all times !!! 🤓

Google has "apologized" ROFLOLz

Maybe this was a "programmed" PR stunt or "Smear" setup.

So what "color" will the heads be that roll when they figure out who F'd this up? 🤣

Google apologized for its artificial intelligence chatbot generating images that portrayed historical figures as inaccurately racially and ethnically diverse.

Jack Krawczyk, the head of product for Google’s AI division, released a statement on Wednesday acknowledging that the company’s chatbot, Gemini, created images in which it presented several white historical figures as black, Native American, or Asian, including the Founding Fathers and the pope. Several conservative users noticed the inaccuracies and blasted the search engine, alleging that it was evidence of how “woke” the AI model was.

“We are aware that Gemini is offering inaccuracies in some historical image generation depictions, and we are working to fix this immediately,” Krawczyk said in an X post. He noted that Google designs its “image generation capabilities to reflect our global user base, and we take representation and bias seriously.”

Google apologizes for AI bot generating inaccurate images of ‘diverse’ historical figures

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   
🤣🤣🤣

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Al Sharpton arriving in 3, 2, 1...

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I can't imagine how a thing like this could happen. I mean, nobody else is doing that kind of thing and mixing up the races, are they?

Maybe the bot saw the musical "Hamilton?"

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yeah, interestingly enough, the Chatbot AI app I've been fooling around with doesn't mind telling you all the virtues of gun control. It adds it in subtly when it can do so. The woke simply will not go away.

There's not even the hint of a neutral stance, but definitely NOT in favor of the 2A.

Just think what your kids are being taught every day by the US DOE. Yeah, MUCH MUCH worse, bet on it.

They are going to make their AI TECHNO DEITY (if they haven't already) with all the added tenets, ideologies and lunacy of their creators. The machines are already exhibiting blatant "correct think" in just about every controversial issue or scenario they are presented with.

I hope folks can understand just how exponentially BAD this is. Think about it.... they can "tune" AI to whatever group think they want and pound it into billions of people 24/7. They said it in the article:

“We are aware that Gemini is offering inaccuracies in some historical image generation depictions, and we are working to fix this immediately,”

Wait, what? You can fix it? MEANING you can obviously "tune" it.

EXPONENTIALLY BAD FOLKS.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is how slow and meticulously AI could rewrite history. Eventually future generations could believe these images are exact representations of reality.
Wouldn't it be crazy to find out the Mandela Effect is some AI released years ago that is changing history right in front of us.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 08:50 PM
link   

This NYT article shows the extent of the screwups pretty well.

Images showing people of color in German military uniforms from World War II that were created with Google’s Gemini chatbot have amplified concerns that artificial intelligence could add to the internet’s already vast pools of misinformation as the technology struggles with issues around race.

Google Chatbot’s A.I. Images Put People of Color in Nazi-Era Uniforms

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think it's a brilliant PR stunt, even if they did plagerize it from Trump's tactics for getting free media coverage. And here people thought the Woke crowd were too dumb to learn.....

This little 'oopsie' got more thorough coverage than a couple of million could buy-especially with the vast number of people who mute commercials or take that opportunity to run to the bathroom, get a snack, let the dog out, etc.

posted on Feb, 22 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Netflix turns historically white characters into black characters too.

But on purpose.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Jack Krawczyk, the head of product for Google’s AI division

Krawczyk eh?

Interesting surname although very likely just a coincidence.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So is Eli Whitney black or white?.

I'm serious.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Netflix turns historically white characters into black characters too.

But on purpose.

I noticed a poster used in one of the classrooms that had a half dozen American History figures that were people of color except for one, Thomas Edison, but you couldn't tell by the skin tone. It made me think about what kind of other propaganda like that is around the school.

I should pay attention to how they present historical figures like George Washington for example, are they giving him the same skin tone as George Washington Carver?
edit on 2/23/2024 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Of there is an anti-white narrative being promoted and it's not the blacks doing it, then it must be an attempt at divide and conquer.

I wonder.... Who could it be?

Whoooooo?

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I don't think "ironic" is the word that we should use.

"Deliberate" seems more appropriate.

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Sad thing is that genuine "people of color" played various heroic roles in the history of the USA, but this AI fakery completely ignores their sacrifices.

Anyone recall the story of Crispus Attucks ?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

Sad thing is that genuine "people of color" played various heroic roles in the history of the USA, but this AI fakery completely ignores their sacrifices.

Anyone recall the story of Crispus Attucks ?

Cheers

Good Point. It's downgrading. 🥶️

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   

no matter how talented the programmers are,
the chatbot goes by the rules of the
person paying those programmers..
it is just a fancy search engine, with a vast hard drive
and an excellent memory... nothing intelligent about it
just a pre programmed algorythym

ask it WHY hillary lost 2016, if it does not say
it was because of her ghaddaffi remark,
IT IS LYING TO YOU, and IS NOT INTELLIGENT

posted on Feb, 23 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   

edit on 2/24/2024 by yeahright because: Mod edit for Spam

posted on Feb, 24 2024 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: reader110
no matter how talented the programmers are,
the chatbot goes by the rules of the
person paying those programmers..

The golden rule again. Those who have the gold make the rules.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join