It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Must Pay Half a Billion Dollars Before He Can Appeal New York Decision

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

Wish there were a lot more of you out there.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: some_stupid_name

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k
a reply to: Klassified

So a judge ordered him to pay up.
What law is being used againt him for political persecution exactly?

Pay up for what? Who gets the money he is to pay?

Not what I asked.
Do you not have the answer?

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

Does a person have to serve time before an appeal? No. This is an obscure law. He did not have to pay Carroll to appeal either.

It may strike you as odd.
But you are incorrect.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundya4k

So a judge ordered him to pay up.
What law is being used againt him for political persecution exactly?

Those being the novel legal theories applied specifically for Trump.

With E jean it was literally created.

Here it's a case of stretching an oft used (i've heard it's not been used in 50 years) fraud civil statute reserved for pyramid schemes.

The entire point of fraud is to make someone whole "again."

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Omg someone with some sense answered.
The dues levied against Trump are clearly politically motivated, but with that said he did do no no's and you and I would/should pay.
He lost this battle. It happens.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Were what you say true, and the judges ruling applied as precedent, then anyone who has obtained a mortgage using the market value and not the tax assessed value will be ripe for suite by their respective states.

..but not the banks.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Breitbart is wrong. Numerous companies have been found liable under Executive Law 63, Section 12.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

You have to post a bond before you can appeal in a civil case. That applies everywhere.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He does need to post a bond before he can appeal the Carroll decision. So far he has not filed for an appeal and the clock is ticking.

link   
The appeals process will get it thrown out eventually....If he can get to a non liberal judge.

link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Were what you say true, and the judges ruling applied as precedent, then anyone who has obtained a mortgage using the market value and not the tax assessed value will be ripe for suite by their respective states.

..but not the banks.

Yes.
Kevin O’Leary slams Trump’s civil ruling as ‘un-American’ and a shock to the entire real estate industry

link   

You asked:
"What law is being used against him for political persecution exactly?"
The article says:
"an obscure New York fraud statute"
So now I'll need to go look up how statues and laws differ in NY to see if your question can even be answered, but while I do that how about you come up with who gets that half billion.
edit:
Looked it up statue and law in this case can be interchangeable, so now i'll go see if I can find this obscure law.
edit on 20-2-2024 by some_stupid_name because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Breitbart is wrong. Numerous companies have been found liable under Executive Law 63, Section 12.

Link? I'd like to read about a few of them.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   
So honest question...

Who gets the money?

If trump pays and the state takes it and spends it and he wins on appeal then what?

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Does a person have to serve time before an appeal?

i understand what your saying, but that's not exactly true. i'm pretty sure in most states if convicted of a crime, the person can ask for bail and remain out on bond while waiting for the outcome of the appeal. they have already been fond guilty, it is up to them the convicted to prove for some reason or another they are innocent or the trial, evidence, testimony, or a number of other things violated the rules, their rights, or evidence prove other wise.

in other words until the appeal court says otherwise the ruling stands, plus i maybe mistaken but civil suits by states have different rules. in personal lawsuits even if you get a judgement you may not see a dime from it.

edit on 20-2-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: FlyersFan

You have to post a bond before you can appeal in a civil case. That applies everywhere.

That doesn't apply everywhere in all civil cases.

In the instances that they can, they don't always choose to make it a requirement upon appeal. With straight up civil cases involving nothing but monetary damages (which.... we're still trying to figure out who was actually damaged, other than the Judge's and AG's feelings) the prevailing party can enforce the judgement while the appeal is moving forward. That is the half assed, cliff's notes version of a 30 minute diatribe.

It's a whole thing, and it's a Tuesday morning. Brain hurts already and not enough coffee.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Trump Is Battling a New York Law Used to Take on Corporate Giants

This article gives a few examples of some of the larger cases involving this law.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

So the correct process was followed for amending the existing law.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
By the time this case ends, that coercive NY Law may be declared unconstitutional 😃

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join