It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Prediction about Conspiracy Theories

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Just to mention "Watergate" nothing to see here please move along. Then after that, they completely neutered the fourth estate.

posted on Feb, 12 2024 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

The "Wellness" and spiritualist communities have been utilised since, if not before, the 2016 US election to disseminate disinformation.

‘Have been utilised’? Meaning that they’re useful idiots, puppets of the ‘elite’, without will or capability of their own?

Are you really so stupid and cynical as to believe that anybody is like that? I have no high opinion of online quacks myself, but I respect them enough to hold them responsible for their own actions and statements. As I hold all people except mental defectives responsible for themselves.

Conspiracy theorists think they’re cleverer than everyone else, don’t they? In reality, they become conspiracy theorists because they haven’t enough wit and moral insight to understand how the world really works.

Not high on fact checking or science, and wanting a certain degree of escape from their reality, they make for the perfect petri dish...and cash cow.

Sure you don’t mean a cash dish and a Petri cow?

edit on 12/2/24 by Astyanax because:

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
‘Have been utilised’? Meaning that they’re useful idiots, puppets of the ‘elite’, without will or capability of their own?

If that is how you interpret the meaning. I don't really see "elites" as being involved in disinformation campaigns, at least not directly. If individuals choose not to do their research, and fact check, and instead believe and redistribute that information as "fact", then they are exercising their free will. Ignorance can be willful you know?

Are you really so stupid and cynical as to believe that anybody is like that? I have no high opinion of online quacks myself, but I respect them enough to hold them responsible for their own actions and statements. As I hold all people except mental defectives responsible for themselves.

And? Apart from name-calling do you have a point?

Conspiracy theorists think they’re cleverer than everyone else, don’t they? In reality, they become conspiracy theorists because they haven’t enough wit and moral insight to understand how the world really works.

Well, it was fairly obvious from the out-set that you felt that way. This thread seems entirely aimed at making you feel superior to "conspiracy theorists" so it is of no surprise that you should express yourself in this way.

Sure you don’t mean a cash dish and a Petri cow?

Quite.

posted on Feb, 13 2024 @ 06:18 AM
link   

If that is how you interpret the meaning.

There is no way a group of people can be 'utilised', except by another person or group of persons.

Apart from name-calling do you have a point?

Gosh, didn't you get it yet? Try, try. It will come to you eventually, I'm sure.

Well, it was fairly obvious from the out-set that you felt that way. This thread seems entirely aimed at making you feel superior to "conspiracy theorists"

I don't need to write an ATS thread to do that.

edit on 13/2/24 by Astyanax because:

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 03:54 AM
link   

There is no way a group of people can be 'utilised', except by another person or group of persons.

I was disputing your terminology, not the premise, as well as your assumption that it must be orchestrated by "elites". Elitists maybe but not necessarily an "elite".

Gosh, didn't you get it yet? Try, try. It will come to you eventually, I'm sure.

Was it that you didn't really have a point?

I don't consider them to be conspiracy theorists. Are they theorising?

They are conspiracy consumers, or followers, and as such are easily led.

I don't need to write an ATS thread to do that.

But it helps, right?
edit on 14-2-2024 by BrucellaOrchitis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2024 @ 10:59 PM
link   

CONSPIRACY THEORIST, noun: a person who proposes or believes in a conspiracy theory

Merriam-Webster

My italics.

posted on Feb, 15 2024 @ 03:31 AM
link   

CONSPIRACY THEORIST, noun: a person who proposes or believes in a conspiracy theory

Merriam-Webster

My italics.

A misnomer is a name that is incorrectly or unsuitably applied.[1] Misnomers often arise because something was named long before its correct nature was known, or because an earlier form of something has been replaced by a later form to which the name no longer suitably applies. A misnomer may also be simply a word that someone uses incorrectly or misleadingly.[2] The word "misnomer" does not mean "misunderstanding" or "popular misconception",[2] and a number of misnomers remain in common usage —  which is to say that a word being a misnomer does not necessarily make usage of the word incorrect.

en.wikipedia.org...

My italics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join