It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

College Professor calls on people to dismantle US at pro-Palestinian event

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is a good example of what is wrong with colleges today.

A University of Minnesota professor was a guest speaker at a pro-Hamas event. She sits in the freedom, democracy, and opportunities America has to offer, yet she calls on people to dismantle and 'decolonize' America. She obviously failed history class in school because she also said that America is the "greatest predator empire that has ever existed". I guess they never taught her about the Soviet Union or the Roman Empire, and they never taught her how Islam spread at the point of a blood soaked sword.

Idiots like this are who are teaching students in colleges across America. God help the students.

US College Professor calls on people to ‘go as hard as possible’ to ‘dismantle’ US at pro-Palestinian event

A liberal arts professor at the University of Minnesota called for people to “dismantle” and “decolonize” America during a pro-Palestinian event.

Earlier this month, University of Minnesota liberal arts professor Melanie Yazzie took the stage with several other speakers as part of the anti-capitalist Native American advocacy group the Red Nation’s “teach-in” on the Israel-Hamas war. During the pro-Palestinian event, Yazzie made several controversial comments, including early on when she said she wanted a takeaway from the event to be that “we’re all indigenous people who come from nations who are under occupation by the United States government.”

“And, of course, the U.S. bankrolls the Israeli occupation of Palestinian land,” Yazzie continued. “They’re one and the same, really.” “So it’s our responsibility as people who are within the United States to go as hard as possible to decolonize this place because that will reverberate all across the world,” Yazzie said. “Because the U.S. is the greatest predator empire that has ever existed.”

edit on 12/24/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   
They insist and demand their free speech be honored and heard. But dare tell them they are wrong and violent and they will silence your free speech. What do psychiatrists call that affliction? ⚠️

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

In a more sane society a person such as her would be ostracized non stop for her foolishness.

Of course evil always seems to come more from the clerical class than the actual working class. It is an age old dilemma, however in the USA it seems to have grown into almost a full blown societal cancer. You'd notice almost all major corporations in the USA support and brag on DEI and so forth even as their companies are suffering and imploding from it.

You should note that because of the human fault of almost always being nepotistic, all of the people that run everything pretty much all come from the same scholastic background.

Gramsci would be proud if he weren't so preoccupied with burning in hell.

All I can say is hard times are coming. Get prepared as well as you can.

edit on 24-12-2023 by dust2023 because: .

edit on 24-12-2023 by dust2023 because: .

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 10:26 AM
link   
"liberal arts professor"?

ETA.

There are people in this world who make bad choices in life and wind up getting a Liberal Arts Digress but then find away to turn things around and make a success out of themselves.

There are people in this world who make bad choices in life and wind up getting a Liberal Arts Digress then they turn it into a career.

It's no surprise that many of them wind up being so close minded. They have a very limited view of the world having such little experience in life.

I guess the same can be said for a lot of college professors... imagine a life where you never leave college.
edit on 24-12-2023 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Silly fool. If she was in the Middle East they'd rip out her tongue and put her in a burka or a niqab. And she'd need a male family member and a leash if she wanted or needed to get outside of her house. And most likely of all that's what her life would be like in Native American North America if Columbus hadn't found America in 1492. She'd be a "offensive S-word for female Indian". And probably a slave to boot.
edit on 12/24/2023 by ntech620 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Liberal mental illness is really astonishing.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The real Palestine "Authority" "ask me anything" . . . . 😀

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Before I clicked the thread I made a bet with myself that the professor in question would be female. I didn't bother guessing what her subject would be but liberal arts would have been one of them if I had. Without reading any further is she also from a minority?

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
How on earth did this woman get a degree?

Oh yeah that's right modern universities are just money making enterprises awarding certificates to any idiot who can regurgitate information from bull# classes that are patently divisive and serve no other function than to keep the pot stirred because of some misguided sociological experiment gone AWOL.

Even the Ivy League has been compromised and Harvard is a freaking embarrassment these days with the Social Justice crowd obsessed with microagressions.

I seriously hope and pray this will pass eventually and heaven help us if she becomes tenured.

Ridiculous amounts of money for ridiculous degrees.

Anyone who buys into this rhetoric lock stock and barrel is an idiot.

A lot of my younger friends buy into this bull crap.

I love them dearly but my gods are they stupid.
edit on 12/24/23 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Sounds like an insurrectionist to me. I wonder when her trial will start and how many years she'll get.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Anyone who buys into this rhetoric lock stock and barrel is an idiot..

Students pay big money to sit in the classroom and listen to her crap.
They have to regurgitate it back to pass tests.
We don't know what crap she spews in the classroom.
I'm sure some absorption happens.
Young minds trusting the teachers and all that ...

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Melanie Yazzie

Specialties
Indigenous feminist and queer studies

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Does Palestine have a right to defend itself?

US vetoes resolution on Gaza which called for ‘immediate humanitarian ceasefire’

As the USA using its veto power at the UN to block any ceasefire resolution, the USA is a part of the problem of the ongoing Gaza situation. How the US congress has been captured by dual Israel/USA citizenship does put the USA in the line of fire as push back from the current invasion builds.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I understand it's a new age and time marches forward and I was an activist myself when I was in school and met all sorts of kids who took things to extremes and a lot of them ended up facing Federal Juries for their actions.

One kid was so hyped up on animal rights he broke into a testing facility and released domesticated lab rats into the streets so they could be free.

Other environmental extremists were spiking trees and filling up gas tanks of construction equipment with sugar.

The Black Bloc got confused with the anarchists who ran wild and caused chaos and eventually disbanded because they didn't want the negative associations.

I'm keeping abreast of current activism but it's all over the place and based on the works of people who were pushed underground back in the day because they were deemed subversive and dangerous ideologies.

Part of me wishes her courses were available online for the benefit of those who can't afford the pay wall in regards to higher education so we can better understand her position and platform without resorting to hypothetical speculation about what she's teaching.

I'm a big believer in transparency and Open Universities but I'm guessing her courses aren't publically available because it's absolute worthless garbage and there's more than enough going around as it stands already.

It's complicated and in all honesty I have no constructive solutions to this Brave New World other than stick to what I know and keep learning about new social issues and dynamics as they pop up just to stay informed and abreast of the situation and provide a counterbalance and damage control to the best of my abilities.

Sorry for the long winded response.

I've been trying for decades to finish my thesis for an honorary doctorate but everytime I try to work on it I can't focus and end up contributing here instead.

So it goes I guess.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

There are people in this world who make bad choices in life and wind up getting a Liberal Arts Digress but then find away to turn things around and make a success out of themselves.

Best to leave that degree off their resume.

Because the ones that cross my desk go straight into the bin if there’s any indication they are a “social justice zealot”.
edit on 24-12-2023 by NorthOS because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

At my Uni someone wrote under the bog paper in the loos "Sociology Degree, please take one".

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

The frightening thing is that it's entirely possible that this viewpoint is metastisizing across University campuses across the country. An enemy within, nurtured by the likes of this teacher.

It may only be a matter of time before we see them in government positions of power and influence, supported by the anti-US WEF.

The center will truly not hold.

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: kwaka
Does Palestine have a right to defend itself?

Defend from what? That there is the question... Israel is very reactionary, and many might say they go too far, BUT it is all reactionary. What if.... and I mean a big what if.... Gaza dumped all the money coming into them from all over the world and used it for improving the lives here and told Israel we want to partner with you to make everyone's lives better. What does anyone think Gaza would look like today?

posted on Dec, 24 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
A University of Minnesota professor was a guest speaker at a pro-Hamas event. She sits in the freedom, democracy, and opportunities America has to offer, yet she calls on people to dismantle and 'decolonize' America.

Calling for an Insurrection?

Man, what does America do about that?

Nothing.

Nothing will be done if she's not Republican.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 12:34 AM
link   

She obviously failed history class in school because she also said that America is the "greatest predator empire that has ever existed".

There is, of course, a strong case to be made that the British Empire was worse.

Then again, America inherited most of that empire after the Second World War, adding to it most of Western Europe, much of the old French colonial empire and some territories it had conquered on its own, such as the Philippines. The result is -- yes -- the greatest extractive empire ever seen on Earth. When it comes to empire-building, Godless Commies and Nasty Nazis have nothing on Christian capitalists.

Nothing wrong with the prof's knowledge of history; she's just putting the facts in a perspective you've never been shown before -- because you were schooled in America. The rest of the world, however, know this and understands its endless implications only too well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join