It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler formulas do not deliver on nutrition claims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 04:27 PM
link   
From the article "A 2023 report from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) looked closely at what toddlers actually need for healthy growth and development — and toddler milks didn't make the cut."

www.health.harvard.edu...

I think this is very important news. There is nothing more important than the health of this country's children. I am glad Harvard published this report.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ForestSpirit12

Also from the article These formulas do not have a medical purpose. They simply help companies keep the customers they would otherwise lose once babies turn a year old."

I think it is sad that profits are once again put above the health of people, in this case children. such a tragic thing to see play out

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Interesting to see this from the AAP. They make most of their money from SICK children...not healthy ones.

Maybe AAP chiefs are feeling guilty for recommending the Covid vaccines and the horrible illnesses that result.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I was raised on formula and I'm impossible to kill.

Suck it nature.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I think what is most important about this article is that it distinguishes between two different types of toddler formula, one of which is for children with special medical needs and the other one (for making money) which is the one they are talking about in the article

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

what formula were you raised on? people might be interested in learning about that one

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

I always question the timing and relevance of things. like why now? how long have these products been around? I don't know I'm honestly just asking, I am not an expert in this field

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It was back in the 70s...some powered formula.

I'd have to ask my mom what brand she went with but there's been a trend of traditional companies changing formulas and cutting corners.

Like the recent debacle of asbestos in Johnson and Johnson baby powder.

A lot of the newer products have different formulas because of the rise of genetic sensitivities in some genetic strains and so forth and it might be some weird eugenics philosophy of culling the weak but I don't know for sure.

I value the sanctity of life but you can't save everyone no matter how hard you try.

There are some philosophies that say certain additives and poisons in low doses actually strengthen the residency of people....much like homeopathic small doses to build up immunity and so forth.

Not everyone reacts the same to the concept.

Everyone talks about how processed food is bad for you but some of the most hard-core survivors I know eat Ramen on a daily basis out of necessity and do just fine.

The majority of kids with immune issues and asthma are raised in overly sterile environments and they never develop natural defenses from certain things.

It's not a perfect science because genetics are so weird....what makes some people stronger will kill others.

I wish I had a solution.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I agree with what you're saying. I think I might have some immune system issues myself. I wish I knew how to not feel sick most of the time. I have heard that talc can cause cancer. absolutely terrible.
edit on 29-11-2023 by ForestSpirit12 because: more info
edit: apparently they are the same thing
edit on 29-11-2023 by ForestSpirit12 because: same thing

edit on 29-11-2023 by ForestSpirit12 because: wording

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I have an aversion to baby powder the smell makes me intensely nauseated for some reason.

I usually have to find alternative unscented offerings.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   

I find that I don't like the smell of many things either. most scents just seem to bother me

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   
You think thats bad, you should see how they pushed covid vaccines on pregnant woman.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: v1rtu0s0

yeah i have a huge issue with that and how women have been so ignored and gas-lit at times by the medical system. its a tragedy

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 11:30 PM
link   
It's kinda like saying adding water to dog food doesn't really make the gravy it claims too.

I bought a couple of cans of the powdered sort for myself; Tasted exactly like the instant breakfast powdered stuff Carnation used to make or still does but A lot cheaper.

I read the ingredients and what it was good for and was like hell; Ima buy some of this for me...

Better than the plain ol heated up cows milk I got in a bottle as a baby though; I guarantee it. But just to smell that white elmers glue is eww gross.

edit to add: I am sure some people had that experience and it was just goats milk... To them I say what's with the cheesy grin?

edit on 29-11-2023 by crowf00t because: to add

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForestSpirit12
From the article "A 2023 report from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) looked closely at what toddlers actually need for healthy growth and development — and toddler milks didn't make the cut."

Yeah, infants and toddlers need human mothers milk. Period.

The wife and I researched this to death almost 10 years ago when we decided to have our kids via surrogacy (she lost her baby and uterus in a horrible accident when she was 19 and 9 months pregnant). The commercial ones are all soy and sugar laden garbage unfit for any living creature, let alone growing children), so we decided to go with the home made formulas we found recipes for on the Weston Price website, they are amazing. We went with the raw cows milk formula for our first (she's now 9), and the liver formula for the twins (they just turned 6), and we're going with the raw goats milk version for our next one (due around April)...

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Too many idiot parents don't know how to cook, prepare or select healthy or nutrient-rich foods. Hell, a "toddler meal" to them is 10 minutes in line at McDonalds or Chik-Fil-A

new topics

top topics

join