It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zionism Rejects Orthodox Judaism

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined2

Maybe, or wage hate between Jews, that some of them are supporting Arabs. We don't know what god wants, and we cannot speak on his behalf. The result could be positive or negative.

Personally I think it is negative because there is war.

You know there are questions that are very hard to answer, why did god allow Corona to happen. We got almost nothing good out of it.
edit on 1-11-2023 by Mawdano because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Mawdano

God has it under control even if we don't understand it. War is going to happen. The Bible confirms it. It's going to keep getting uglier until every last person either turns to God or rejects Him.

Same goes for the Corona Virus. Its just God teaching us one more time that we can't put our faith in mankind and we need to turn to Him...and many people did. I'm sure others turned away too. Its a true test of faith on whether we truly trust God or we are going to trust the idiot humans of the world.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

instead of dancing around it like Mr. Cohen did. Judaism is religious, Zionism is secular and political. The rest is just rhetoric.

I don't think his explanations can be watered down to mere rhetoric.

Perhaps the intricacies defining Jewish culture bores you?

The fact remains that land was set aside by the league of nations for the creation of what we know today as Israel. They are legally there whether anyone likes it or not. They have a right to defend themselves against those who would like to see every Jew in the world dead.

Any thoughts on the innocent Palestinian men, women and children they slaughtered in 1948 and dumped them in mass graves?

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

Touche

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 19Bones79
I've been studying schisms lately.
We all suffer as a result of heresy.

edit on 11/1/2023EAMR by loveguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Reality is so much more nuanced and complicated than a simple 10 minute youtube video can explain.

I agree but others see elaboration as rhetoric.

I also think there are many differing viewpoints within Jewish society as with any society but only one point of view is being pushed right now globally by the MSM and political toadies which is unfortunate to say the least.

My belief is that 99% of people want to live in a world without war but it's the 1% that calls the shots.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

Do tell.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Heresy literally means choice.

Orthodoxy = the good of the many out weighs the good of the few. As overseen by authority.

Heresy = Individual choice matters.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:06 AM
link   

It's bound to happen when Palestinians continue to reject every offer made to them. They CHOOSE to live under their "resist and/or die" beliefs and culture. Its hard to understand, but they prefer it that way.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

society but only one point of view is being pushed right now globally by the MSM and political toadies which is unfortunate to say the least.

Even Joe Biden has fallen into the trap.

To paraphrase: "Israel is the only country where Jews are safe."

Right out of the Zionist playbook. The antisemitic Zionist playbook. The un-American antisemitic Zionist playbook.
edit on 1-11-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

He may yet repent and recant. We can hope.
edit on 1-11-2023 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Muslim schism
jewish schism

My studies haven't ventured into Buddhism or Hindu though.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

He may yet repent and recant. We can hope

Sterling sense of humor👌🏻

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Eh, in a way religion itself is heresy in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Plus many Arabs in that region reject solutions for peace all the time. They want the Jews gone, no matter what. Those that want peace could have it but here we are.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Orthodox Jews, their Rabbis, are fully aware of the texts, and the texts say the land belongs to no one. In fact old Hebrew texts says that the Jewish people are not to own any land. One Rabbi says that when Jews do own land it will mean the end of the road for them - they are not to have a country. Another says God said he didn't give them any land, the Land belongs to Him. Another Rabbi says the people living in Israel today, the Palestinians and others ARE the same people from 2,000 years ago. No one new needs to arrive and take over, the same people who were always there are already there.

Rabbi Roundtable

Ayelet Cohen, Conservative, The New Israel Fund, NY: We need to distinguish between religion and geopolitics. Jews have a deep spiritual connection to Eretz Yisrael, beginning in the Torah and continuing through scores of generations of Jewish longing for a homeland. That is different from the political reality of the modern State of Israel and its borders. The Tanakh is our holy text. But it does not give us the exclusive right to a political region. We are not the only people with ancient and sacred ties to that land. Recognizing the Palestinians’ right to self-determination does not negate the political entity of a Jewish homeland in the land of Israel, nor does it undermine our religious connection to the biblical Eretz Israel.

Aaron Potek, Pluralist, Gather DC: Jews don’t own the land of Israel. As God says in Leviticus 25:23: “The land belongs to Me, for you are strangers and residents with Me.” Rashi’s first commentary on the Torah explains that God gave Israel to the Jews. But this is commonly misunderstood. His point is that God can decide to give the land to anyone. Our presence there is conditional: “And you shall observe all My statutes and all My ordinances, and fulfill them; then the Land… will not vomit you out.” (Leviticus 20:22). The more we act like we’re entitled to the land, the sooner we’ll be vomited out.

Mitchell Wohlberg, Orthodox, Beth Tfiloh Congregation: Anyone who takes the Bible seriously — and that is usually Christians more so than Jews — must believe that all of Israel — from the river to the sea — was given to the Jewish people. The purchase of Hebron by Abraham, of Nablus by Joseph, and of Jerusalem by King David, are recorded in the Bible. It’s hard to understand why Christian Evangelicals take this seriously, but most Jews don’t. The fact is, the Jewish people living today in the land of Israel are the same people, living on the same land, speaking the same language, observing the same religion as the people living in Israel thousands of years ago. It may very well be that for the sake of peace, some of the land may have to be given to the Palestinians. But it should be clear that we are giving them some of our land!

There are quotes from around 20 Rabbis in that link.

What is going on in Israel today is 100% political.

edit on 1-11-2023 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Israeli police barbaric attack against innocent Jews

x.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I don't think his explanations can be watered down to mere rhetoric.

My point was that much of the conversation around the differences is rhetoric. Not that everything he said was rhetoric. He made fair enough points.

Perhaps the intricacies defining Jewish culture bores you?

I have worked for and still have a friend that is Jewish. I have some understanding of their culture. It has nada to do with boredom.

Any thoughts on the innocent Palestinian men, women and children they slaughtered in 1948 and dumped them in mass graves?

Yes, lets wipe every Jew from the face of earth for what the Alexandroni Brigade did in the early stages of the conflict. /s

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
twitter.com...

Israeli Ambassador to Australia accidentally says the truth, promptly corrects:

"There is no moral equivalency - we are not the victims... sorry, we are the victims."

Lying is hard, you should sleep well because it takes a lot of mental power to tell a good complete lie.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think you might have that backwards.

Zionism Rejects Orthodox Judaism

Orthodox Judaism, rejects Zionism...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join