It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

TOTSM.
Alfonso Bedoya. Check it out Buck.

I'll call your Alfonso Bedoya and raise you a Sam Peckinpah.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:33 AM
link   
In honor of the Swamp Buck think that drift should be allowed in the Rant Forum.

Did I ever tell ya about the .......................................

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I get it.

You want everything, without trying yourself, for a free forum you chose to join.
There was a major hiccup. We all understand.
You should get it all back because you're you.

*redacted*

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck
ATS was the Wild West for a few days and now the sheriffs and marshals are coming back to Dodge to bring law and order and start to putting folks in jail and whatnot. Well, that just ain't freedom, that ain't the American way, and I'm going to be here to say, "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

This place was unbearable without moderation.
edit on 10 28 23 by shaemac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Randomtangentsareme
I get it.

You want everything, without trying yourself, for a free forum you chose to join.
There was a major hiccup. We all understand.
You should get it all back because you're you.

*redacted*

Um, well, OK.

I want everything (check).
Without trying, sure (check).
For a free forum (check).
I choose to join (check) - Except I was proud to join and become a member. Back then, after 20 posts and playing by the rules, it was a privilege.
Major hiccup, or hack? At the very least neglect, something I think is unlikely.
I should get it all back because . . . irrelevant. It never goes away, plus I have all my important threads and posts saved in my personal network.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Screw them, I want an apology, wine, flowers, and a foot rub.

This is getting all too shady and screwed up. It all seems really wrong, like I'm having sex with a prostitute or hooking up with a drug dealer. Its back room stuff here, I don't like it.

"It all seems really wrong, like I'm having sex with a prostitute or hooking up with a drug dealer."

Hey I'm already a true believer in this process. You don't need to try to sell me on it.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

LOL

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I was poking at you because you were sounding a bit entitled. Even though I agreed with your base sentiment.
Bro, try to talk to the team before screaming at the sky.
The team here is the best I've found online in the last decade.

Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Randomtangentsareme

Sure, they could be the best thing since sliced bread. They could be angels and saints, but I don't give a rat's anus or the feces that pops out of it if there isn't some proper notification and process that all members can participate in.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:29 AM
link   

for someone who professes to love anarchy ... you sure do seem to want to find some "official" rules to follow...

proper notification and process for my

free forum (check).

well....

that just ain't freedom, that ain't the American way, and I'm going to be here to say, "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!"

we are on borrowed time. time to man up buttercup... get some skin in the game... join the rebelss lol
edit on am1020233101America/ChicagoSat, 28 Oct 2023 01:34:35 -0500_10000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes
The site has been abandoned, imo, and what you are experiencing is what the rest of us are experiencing.

Old Members and moderators, coming together in different offsite places brainstorming and trying to figure out a way around the password "hiccup".

Instead of anger, you should feel some sort of appreciation for what's been going on behind the scenes.

What we're experiencing is a site that's having to be tweeked through a backdoor.

I understand if this gets deleted. Hopefully, enough read it before it does.

You are thoughtful and kind, I do appreciate anyone's efforts to pull it together before the plug gets pulled, but it's going down sister, the bigger they are . . .

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

I believe in the old ATS and it's values. My rebelliousness is only in outrage that they would let ATS go like they have. We deserve something, some notice, some explanation, some process to do something, not be kept in the dark and have to go through this crap.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Randomtangentsareme

Sure, they could be the best thing since sliced bread. They could be angels and saints, but I don't give a rat's anus or the feces that pops out of it if there isn't some proper notification and process that all members can participate in.

Betty White (God rest her soul) is the best thing since before sliced bread.

I will assume the mods will claw back the membership, as they can. But that will only be doable with your consent and cooperation.

Be angered. Sure.
Know that people want to help you.

We all might get banned tomorrow. There is so much going on in the world right now.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes! It only takes a few seconds. Djarums will be back Sunday night!

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 02:01 AM
link   

as a long time member(older than this account), i do recall many of your contributions, if its that important, given the circumstance, why not just message Djarums and give him an email, any email so he can change it in the system and send you a password so you can log into said important threads and posts.

Its really not that hard...in the time it took you took you to make this thread and cry like an SJW, you could have had your old account back already.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 02:06 AM
link   
All you need to do is ask Ghost or Djarums to send a new password to an email. You let them know whatever email you want. At this point, any ATS person on Phantom will 100% vouch for you.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 02:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Another_Nut

I believe in the old ATS and it's values. My rebelliousness is only in outrage that they would let ATS go like they have. We deserve something, some notice, some explanation, some process to do something, not be kept in the dark and have to go through this crap.

or , and hear me out... we can make this something to be proud of in its last days... a community coming together to keep their old junker runnin g....because it means something..

right now there are people, just for the love of this site, skirting legalities to keep it alive .. even if its on life support.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 02:24 AM
link   

You can also just accept it and embrace your new identity. You know? Start over. Maybe a little less paranoid. Everybody knows who you are, so what's the big deal?
ATS is probably over next May anyways

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The roundabout method was necessary because it is unofficial. As I understand things, nobody currently available is in a position to set up an official method.

The situation seems to be that the master of the great house, in a sudden fit of insanity or drink, has locked out all the family and servants and then retired to bed and collapsed into a coma. Nobody left outside has a key to the front door (which is bolted on the inside anyway), but the butler and the housekeeper have been shown a way through the back gate and kitchen gardens into the scullery and are trying to lead other people along the same path. They still haven't found the master yet, but he may be in one of the attics.

I hope that analogy helps.

edit on 28-10-2023 by DISRAELI2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Thank you.
Vainglory (old profile idolatry) comes with a price.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join