It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the real ATS owner(s) please stand up?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   
While this rant is my own thoughts, I believe I speak for some when I say that this whole debacle with the site owner(s) walking away and leaving a radioactive pile of dog poo is appalling, insulting, and a middle finger to all on this site. I find it sickening that there has been absolutely no communication for the last four days. Of course, there are dozens of different rumors as to what's going on, but let's face it; we're all guessing at this point. Nobody has 100% certainty of what's going on.

Perhaps the owner(s) don't owe us anything. You know, eff that, they owe at the very least to open communications with the hard working moderators and staff and tell them what the hell is going on. The fact that the mods can't even get hold of the owner(s) is pretty telling. It's just a disgrace that there has been no word. Yeah, I heard many excuses - oh, they're working so hard on the problem that they don't have two minutes to reach out to someone. One of the first things that should be done in a crisis is to communicate to the staff/team/whoever what's going on so there is a team effort to help out and maybe get the problem solved.

So unless the owner(s) are deceased, I don't think there is any excuse whatsoever for them to not get in touch. So now all the 'bots, scam artists, trolls, previously banned losers, etc, etc, are all over the place doing whatever they want. No way for the mods to get in and clean all this up. T&C's be damned. Yeah, it's all fun and games at first, but it doesn't take long to get really old.

It's insulting for the owner(s) to not make any effort to reach out to anyone. They obviously don't give a feck about any of us here. It's just sad,and it makes me a little angry. I don't know what happened when SO and Springer sold the site, but they maybe should have done a better job vetting who took over. Supposedly they did, but it's not playing out well. They claimed they implicitly trusted who they sold the site to. Well, that trust was broken and then some. They even banned SO. Disgusting.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I couldn't agree with you more, Chief.

I also posted a thread here calling for some sort of official word or announcement but it looks like nothing is going to happen.

In my time here under various names for the last 16 years, I've always had a love/hate relationship with this site and have often been critical of ATS in other venues but never have I had the feelings that I have about it now.

Stick a fork in it folks. It is over as we knew it.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AnAlternateOpinion

I know, right? I just don't think there is any excuse for what has been going on. And to see some try and make excuses is ridiculous. It's like they think the rank and file on here are stupid or something.

I too have had a love/hate relationship with this site. When I first joined, it seemed so good. I felt like I had found my place. Now I barely recognize it.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   
maybe they micromanaged themselves right into oblivion 🎺

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WingDingLuey1
maybe they micromanaged themselves right into oblivion 🎺

or....

I surmise that this ats cluster f*** will eventually boil down to money. Someone has reneged on the contract and the attorneys now have everything in escrow with a gag order not to talk about it.

I know it's mundane and not near as much fun as a Hillary/Obama plot to take over north and south America.

edit on 24-10-2023 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2023 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefDDeux

Hi everyone, formerly TzarChasm here. Was shadow banned a few months back. Went through the appropriate channels, was consistently ignored and disregarded. Zero consolation or reparation from the relevant "experts" despite half a dozen emails. Checked up on the site this week for my alternative news and instead found this bedlam where a largely intelligent and eloquent community should be. I went to the trouble of making a burner account so I can confront the incompetent admins and tell them to eat a whole buffet table of genitals prepared in whatever culinary fashion they choose. Not merely for my sake, no. But for neglecting you lot, leaving you vulnerable and frustrated and borderline defeated. Expected better from the next generation of Mark and Simon, the gatekeepers of truth and dignity. But then again, perhaps that's the mistake we all made, staying on a ship we knew was steering off course and would soon find treacherous waters filled with sirens, krakens or worse. Life boats away, and may the stars guide you home.

Friendly reminder that Rogue Nation always accepting new members.

Thanks for nothing Dorko. đź–•

edit on 24-10-2023 by ElectricBoogaloo because: Dbcowboy drank my beer because augmason stole his

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I tried to stand up but I accidentally stepped on some hairs.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricBoogaloo

Hiya Tzar, missed your straight arrows and scathing wit. Who knows how this will turn out. In any event it is an experiment in an Alice in Wonderland fashion.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Maybe cry some more that should help.

Please mods do something about these posters I dont like. What a f ucking baby

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Maybe they just got tired of fielding all those complaints from woke leftards.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnAlternateOpinion
I couldn't agree with you more, Chief.

I also posted a thread here calling for some sort of official word or announcement but it looks like nothing is going to happen.

In my time here under various names for the last 16 years, I've always had a love/hate relationship with this site and have often been critical of ATS in other venues but never have I had the feelings that I have about it now.

Stick a fork in it folks. It is over as we knew it.

Yeah, it’s interesting, maybe they’re massive f’ups who couldn’t figure out what to do, how to run the business.

But what kind of owner / leader just hides and never talks to his/her customers, users, community ?

A very strange weirdo, that’s who. Most businesses owners want to be part of a community, like Trump, Musk, Perot.

But maybe these guys are strange agents. Like Howard Hughes ?

Anyway, what’s the price tag for a site like ATS ?

Can’t see much more than 100 k.

It’s well developed and curated and seems pretty large.

But it’s also all eff’d up, and kind of long in the tooth, not very dynamic or heading in any new, interesting direction.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: blindmellojello
Can’t see much more than 100 k.

My husband and I would be willing to unload this junk pile website for a package of Schick disposable razors. Preferably the industrial grade type.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MrsDarkosHairyVagina

Deal

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrsDarkosHairyVagina

I had thought that you needed permission from your owner DBC to make another sock account.

Reported.

Poor broken toy...

edit on 000000010America/Chicago10pmTue, 24 Oct 2023 20:35:03 -050035 by Lumenarii because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: blindmellojello

Anyway, what’s the price tag for a site like ATS ?

Everything for some.

Matter of National Security

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo22

Arent juggalos clowns from detroit? Didnt Eminem could pistol whip jay and his homie in the club liek 2 little bitches?

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenarii

I had thought that you needed permission from your owner DBC to make another sock account.

Reported.

Poor broken toy...

Really ? I thought DBC stayed out of it, above the fray, didn’t fukk around with what was being said about him until much later. And he didn’t even play in the “I’m the bestest old head” game.

Yet you seem worried about being “important” until the bitter dnd.

I’m nobody, despite being around since about 2000.

I lost to Gryphon, Antidiluvian, Krazyshot, at that time because they owned many mods. Are they still here ? Somebody grow some balls.

And that was cool, I just read the site for about 20 years because I like it. And wow, Darko said “that seems stupid, come on back and post”. Good guy, no BS needed from the peanut gallery, just genuine human logic with no bs childish crap.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: blindmellojello

originally posted by: Lumenarii

Reported.

Poor broken toy...

Really ? I thought DBC stayed out of it, above the fray, didn’t fukk around with what was being said about him until much later. And he didn’t even play in the “I’m the bestest old head” game.

Yet you seem worried about being “important” until the bitter dnd.

I’m nobody, despite being around since about 2000.

I lost to Gryphon, Antidiluvian, Krazyshot, at that time because they owned many mods. Are they still here ? Somebody grow some balls.

And that was cool, I just read the site for about 20 years because I like it. And wow, Darko said “that seems stupid, come on back and post”. Good guy, no BS needed from the peanut gallery, just genuine human logic with no bs childish crap.

I guess you haven't read www.abovetopsecret.com... or even looked around at what has been happening last week.

I'm important to me, not to anyone on a website... for the record.

You lost to Griffon66, Antidiluvian, Krazyshot and probably BlackJackal. Probably ElevatedOne too.

I took the time to weed all of them off of this site.

Just by baiting them till they got banned for their replies to me.

I own no Mods and neither did they.

Think harder.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricBoogaloo

Hi everyone, formerly TzarChasm here. Was shadow banned a few months back. Went through the appropriate channels, was consistently ignored and disregarded. Zero consolation or reparation from the relevant "experts" despite half a dozen emails. Checked up on the site this week for my alternative news and instead found this bedlam where a largely intelligent and eloquent community should be. I went to the trouble of making a burner account so I can confront the incompetent admins and tell them to eat a whole buffet table of genitals prepared in whatever culinary fashion they choose. Not merely for my sake, no. But for neglecting you lot, leaving you vulnerable and frustrated and borderline defeated. Expected better from the next generation of Mark and Simon, the gatekeepers of truth and dignity. But then again, perhaps that's the mistake we all made, staying on a ship we knew was steering off course and would soon find treacherous waters filled with sirens, krakens or worse. Life boats away, and may the stars guide you home.

Friendly reminder that Rogue Nation always accepting new members.

Thanks for nothing Dorko. đź–•

Hey TzarChasm, good to see you back. Yep, I'm on Rogue Nation, love that site. Much more professionally run than this site, and the peeps there are awesome.

posted on Oct, 24 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo22

Maybe cry some more that should help.

Please mods do something about these posters I dont like. What a f ucking baby

Speaking of previously banned losers, spammers, con artists, and total f tards....

What's the matter? Did your mommy lock you in the closet again?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join