It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President BIDEN Wants Your Body to be as COLD as His Heart - Big Furnace Restrictions Coming.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Friday, September 29, 2023

CALLOUS & CRUEL: FURNACE RESTRICTIONS MANDATED JUST BEFORE WINTER...

Biden admin issues restrictions on gas furnaces in latest war on appliances.

Biden administration boasted that the energy efficiency rules will curb residential energy use and carbon emissions

The Biden administration announced its latest regulatory action targeting home appliances late Friday, this time targeting popular home gas-powered furnaces.

The Department of Energy (DOE) said the energy efficiency regulations would slash household utility costs by $1.5 billion on an annual basis while reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the residential sector.

The proposal, according to the agency, require non-weatherized gas furnaces and those used in mobile homes to achieve a far higher level of efficiency than cheaper models on the market.

"At the direction of Congress, DOE is continuing to review and finalize energy standards for household appliances, such as residential furnaces, to lower costs for working families by reducing energy use and slashing harmful pollutants in homes across the nation," Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said in a statement.
Continued at: www.foxnews.com...

Apparently Joe Biden was elected because he (in part) promised to "Fight Climate Change". Those of you who voted for him shouldn't complain, but the rest of us can.

Why doesn't the idiot moron simply ask everyone to keep their thermostat a little lower this Winter?

Forcing people already being hammered by Biden Inflation, to upgrade or purchase a new "government approved" furnace, is just plain abusive!

Wanna Guess who will be hurt the most? If you guessed "BIDEN SUPPORTERS", you're 100% right.

-CareWeMust

edit on 9/29/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Funny, they lay out restrictions before providing a solution.
More people will burn wood.

Then they will pass something else to limit firewood burning.
Mark my words.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: havok

They already do this in some places

California Wood Burning Fireplace Law - LINK

California residents who wish to curl up next to their fireplaces this winter should make sure they are not breaking the law in the process. Numerous counties have placed limitations on when wood burning fireplaces can be used out of the interest of public health. California fireplace laws also stipulate what kind of wood can be burned. Painted or treated wood cannot be burned

Woodburning Handbook - LINK

Fireplace Codes: What Fireplaces can I Install in CA? - LINK

Adding this other info I found
State Policies on Wood and Pellet Stoves - LINK
10 states plan to sue EPA over standards for residential wood-burning stoves - LINK

US Regulations Pertaining to Wood Burning - LINK

Why Are There Rules?
Local and state governments are not trying to lessen your enjoyment of a cozy fireplace with these restrictions. Their goal is to reduce possible health issues caused by poor air pollution. To accomplish this, there needs to be a reduction of wood smoke in susceptible areas and during times when air quality is hazardous. If you live in an area that has restrictions on installing new wood-burning fireplaces, consider the option of a cleaner, gas-burning fireplace. If construction of new wood-burning fireplaces is allowed in your area, keep up with local alerts. They will let you know when you should or should not use your fireplace.

edit on 29-9-2023 by TarantulaBite because: added link

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: havok

Mark my words.

And tragically, more children/women/men in northern big cities will die, because they'll have to use their gas stoves to compensate for the landlord lowering the building temp down to shivering level. (Landlord will say, Biden makes me do this!)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Those very high efficiency furnaces are very unreliable. There are way more sensors, thinner heat exchangers, and the condensate pumps are another source of failure which makes them more apt to shut down if they malfunction. We just had a furnace replaced in our house a couple of years ago and the furnace contractor warned us not to go with the super high efficient ones, so we got the ninety three point five percent one and a ten year service contract so we would make sure that we were covered if things got rough financially in the future. I am skeptical about working on this furnace, I would need a four hundred buck tester to set it up if I replaced a valve or other part. We do have a yearly inspection which is not covered, but the guy is a friend of a friend and he checks the efficiency and everything to make sure things are running right each year...but it is a hundred bucks a year for that yearly cleaning and tuneup which is not covered by warrantee. He told me that the four hundred dollar warrantee is good, because almost all furnaces these days seem to need a service call with part replacement in ten years, it would probably cost us the same or less to get that warrantee over the ten years. The price of the warrantee went up double on the super high efficiency units because there are more failures after ninety seven percent.

Biden's actions will not save people money even if they subsidize the extra costs of the furnaces...they break down more.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Not correct, Biden supporters don't pay for heat.
Or food, or rent, or even medical bills.

They're actually dead, so they pay for nothing. They can't vote, but somehow they account for most of the voters in this case.

In a close second comes people who don't pay taxes and therefore shouldn't be allowed to vote.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why doesn't the idiot moron simply ask everyone to keep their thermostat a little lower this Winter?

-CareWeMust

Probably because these rules wouldn't go in to effect until 2028.

Which you would know if you actually read the article.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TarantulaBite

Since California officials are so paranoid over "smoke", Why didn't California file a formal complaint with Canada for sending so much smoke into the state this past Summer?

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:45 PM
link   
My 500-gallon propane tank, which has a usable capacity of 60%, when filled in the fall would run out by February and need a refill with the old continuous pilot light model furnace. The new high-efficiency model I had installed uses about the same.

After three years of heating strictly with a wood stove, my tank finally went down to 20% (when the propane company requires a refill). I've been paying a substantial annual rental fee for three years because they expected me to refill twice a year. I need propane for the clothes dryer, the oven, and the forced air furnace (that I never use), so I will drain this one down to 0% and exchange it for a smaller one that is half or less of the capacity of this mammoth tank.

I'd use my own tank, but very few propane companies will fill a privately owned tank. The issue is that they need regular maintenance and a pressure check, but they never did any of that to their tank while it was in use on my property for decades. I've actually power-washed it and kept it accessible, even keeping the wasps out of it. Not many people bother with that when it's not your tank.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   

a reply to: TarantulaBite

Since California officials are so paranoid over "smoke", Why didn't California file a formal complaint with Canada for sending so much smoke into the state this past Summer?

NO SH!T lol

edit on 29-9-2023 by TarantulaBite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You're brave to even consider working on your furnace. The extended warranty/service contract is a good idea, so long as there isn't a big deductible attached.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Mark my words.

Already happening in the UK. Sadly not a joke:

video

Off course , it's beyond criminal and stupid , and sadly not shocking. Time to revolt me thinks.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   

This winter will see higher natural gas prices. This is going to be a harsh one. Bad time not to have the Nordstream 2 up. Pressure in Europe will cause pressure everywhere.

Last winter, I shut my heater off and used electric blanket and space heaters. I have solar panels so electric is nearly free.

We are going to be cold regardless of regulations. Econmomic reasons. Big bills.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Not correct, Biden supporters don't pay for heat.
Or food, or rent, or even medical bills.

If this liberal is still alive, she will vote for Biden again, even though her energy bills are through the roof.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 1947boomer

-CareWeMust

Probably because these rules wouldn't go in to effect until 2028.

Which you would know if you actually read the article.

Not much lead time! Prices of furnaces will begin increasing almost IMMEDIATELY.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Your post was fascinating. You're really good at being self-sufficient aren't you?

Kudos!

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ancientlight

Mark my words.

Already happening in the UK. Sadly not a joke:

video

Off course , it's beyond criminal and stupid , and sadly not shocking. Time to revolt me thinks.

It's interesting that to United Kingdom citizens, "Environment" is more important than "Crime Prevention".

Source: www.statista.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

You're brave to even consider working on your furnace. The extended warranty/service contract is a good idea, so long as there isn't a big deductible attached.

My warrantee has a zero deductible for the full duration. The cost of the one with the hundred dollar deductible from year five to year ten was not much cheaper on the furnace I got, that is the reason he suggested this furnace. The first five years were totally covered by the original warrantee. It even covers the condensate pump with the extended warrantee, which is not covered with the furnace warrantee even though the extended warrantee is from the manufacturer.

I have worked on the lower efficiency gas furnaces in the past, this one you need the electronic testing unit to check out things. The furnace contractor said that this companies warrantees also cover parts that are about to fail during the inspection, if the test shows abnormalities they will replace parts to make sure the unit does not fail....that is the only furnace company he sells that allows that, all others require a full failure or noise. With the new motors and testers they can tell if a motor is going to fail I guess. Especially the exhaust gas blower motor which shuts down the furnace in a direct vent unit.

The guy also raises pigs and sells them for a reasonable price but we really do not eat enough pork anymore to buy a whole pig. Last year he brought me some cudighi and pork sausages when he came over for the service call, a little free bonus. He has low overhead and has two sons working with him and has his shop and office in a building on his farm. He was the cheapest bid I got by four hundred bucks and his bid included the warrantee.... and he did a good job..mostly because his overhead is way lower than the other heating contractors in the area.

If I was even six years younger, I would have done it myself, but changing to propane from oil heat was more than I wanted to do anymore. I have a kitchen wood cookstove and I could not run the oil furnace and the woodstove at the same time, this furnace draws air from outside and blows it out the sidewall, it is too expensive and the direct vent oil furnaces are unreliable and are not sealed combustion.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Problem with High efficiency Furnaces is that they depend on a sealed duct system- which most are not near sealed adequately to see savings, and are plenty leaky especially where you can't get to them - behind your walls at joints... there are ways to seal them but again at a cost that nobody wants to sustain. I wonder just how much this is throwing our dependence on China made electronics and appliances .... I'd say follow the money. Just another thing being dictated down by those that Continually claim they are defending Democracy. Scream Diversity but shout one down when they disagree with you. Clowns. Actions speak louder than words -

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 11:46 PM
link   
When I bought my trailer I ripped out the furnace and sold it on craigslist, since the ductwork was like swiss cheese.

I also removed the elec HW heater and got a propane tankless for under $100 on amazon. A 20 lb tank lasts me 6 mo with this thing. I cut up the water heater and made a woodstove out of it, had to get the stainless flue new. Switched all the plumbing to PEX, not that it matters for this discussion.

I also use a Mister Heater radiant propane unit that needs no electricity to run, and is silent. The ability to keep warm with no power is important.

plus a propane salamander blast heater that will heat up the whole place to 80 degrees in 15 min.

I refill BBQ 20 lb tanks at the garden center, if I go when they refill their tank they have a sale, $10 each tank to refill.

I used 5 tanks total last winter, but it was mild. I have 8 on hand. I have 2 big generators that are both LPG.

I am in no way defending Biden, but I would assume this rule would only be for newly constructed homes. They are not going to force you to rip out an existing furnace, there would be a 10 year waiting list due to lack of plumbers.

The logistics of forcing people to keep warm a certain way are impossible, there's nothing to stop you from ripping out the high efficiency furnace the first time it breaks down, and installing some furnace you acquired on CL or Marketplace.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join