It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bypass the propaganda mill MSM try 1440 newsletter no slant, no bias

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Sounds interesting, though no breaking news it seems, hell it's got to be better than the alternative on most stories. Find myself using these newsletters and blogs more and more as MSM gets less and less readable

join1440.com...

Why 1440? The printing press was invented around the year 1440, spreading knowledge to the masses and changing the course of history. More facts: In every day, there are 1,440 minutes. We’re here to make each one count.

Separating fact from opinion is
now an everyday obstacle course.
Staying informed means wading through thousands of headlines, ads, and op-eds, all driven by one goal. To be loud. To continuously catch your attention and keep it. But that's why we started 1440—A news source made for knowledge. Not clicks.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Interesting; I'm anxious to check it out.
Gawd knows we could use some truly unbiased news.

Note: There are 1440 minutes in 24 hours. Just thought I'd throw that in.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Tried it. Took my e-mail address and that's it. Nothing happened. I do not recommend the exercise.
Where did my email address go?

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: bipolarnightmare

Tried it. Took my e-mail address and that's it. Nothing happened. I do not recommend the exercise.

Bipolarnighmare indeed, did you read your email from 1440?

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Wasn't 114O a small publication back in the day for hackers and tech enthusists?

I seem to recall my husband getting his editions from the newsstand.

Small publication, no ads.

edit on 8/12/23 by GENERAL EYES because: spellin

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Interesting; I'm anxious to check it out.
Gawd knows we could use some truly unbiased news.

Note: There are 1440 minutes in 24 hours. Just thought I'd throw that in.

Yea, it isn't the end all be all but NGL Im tired of almost every TV network or major media source's opinions and articles.

but I've always been a bit of a news junkie thus the search

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
Wasn't 114O a small publication back in the day for hackers and tech enthusists?

I seem to recall my husband getting his editions from the newsstand.

Small publication, no ads.

not sure I'll check when I get a chance, not much in about us page

join1440.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Thanks for the update.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

So I did as well. I checked my gmail and got this message from 1440

Hey there -

Welcome and thanks for subscribing to the 1440 Daily Digest.

I'm Drew, Editor-in-Chief of 1440. I've been writing this digest since we started 1440 over five years ago.

One quick thing before we get started:

How has bias in the news affected your life? We would love to hear your thoughts. Just reply to this email!

We send Monday through Saturday at 6 am ET, covering all the day’s top news and info—sports, science, culture, politics, business, and more—summed up in five minutes. Edited to be unbiased as humanly possible.

Read our most recent digest
To make sure we make it into your inbox, we recommend the following quick steps:

On Gmail? Move us to your 'Primary' inbox.

• On a phone: Hit those 3 dots at the top right, click 'Move', and then 'Primary.'
• On desktop: Go back to your inbox and drag this email to the 'Primary' tab near the top left of your screen.

Using Apple Mail? Tap our email address near the top of this email (next to 'From:' on a phone) and select "Add to VIPs."

Not using Gmail or Apple? Check out our allow list instructions here.

See you soon,
Drew

I won't reply because I don't want emails from them and I will unsubscribe if I get some. I don't believe you have to enter your email in order to view the 'news'

But, it's worth checking in on their site every so often.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   
UPDATE :

The magazine in question was called 2600, not 1140.

My apologies, I'm not good with numbers.

Sorry for the mixup there.

edit on 8/12/23 by GENERAL EYES because: spellin'

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

All I found was Newsradion1140 WRVA.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I had a brainfart and got my numbers mixed up, see my post above yours.

Thanks for the update.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

So I did as well. I checked my gmail and got this message from 1440

Hey there -

Welcome and thanks for subscribing to the 1440 Daily Digest.

I'm Drew, Editor-in-Chief of 1440. I've been writing this digest since we started 1440 over five years ago.

One quick thing before we get started:

How has bias in the news affected your life? We would love to hear your thoughts. Just reply to this email!

We send Monday through Saturday at 6 am ET, covering all the day’s top news and info—sports, science, culture, politics, business, and more—summed up in five minutes. Edited to be unbiased as humanly possible.

Read our most recent digest
To make sure we make it into your inbox, we recommend the following quick steps:

On Gmail? Move us to your 'Primary' inbox.

• On a phone: Hit those 3 dots at the top right, click 'Move', and then 'Primary.'
• On desktop: Go back to your inbox and drag this email to the 'Primary' tab near the top left of your screen.

Using Apple Mail? Tap our email address near the top of this email (next to 'From:' on a phone) and select "Add to VIPs."

Not using Gmail or Apple? Check out our allow list instructions here.

See you soon,
Drew

I won't reply because I don't want emails from them and I will unsubscribe if I get some. I don't believe you have to enter your email in order to view the 'news'

But, it's worth checking in on their site every so often.

Pretty sure you don't have just read it through your email, if you scroll down there is a link for today's news. I could be wrong but my link to took me to that news page.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   

UPDATE :

OMG, are you serious?????? It's actually 1440 not 1140 but uh, anyways. But you're saying it's actually 2600 for the publication. Too funny.

posted on Aug, 12 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   

a reply to: nugget1

I had a brainfart and got my numbers mixed up, see my post above yours.

Thanks for the update.

No problem; happens to me all the time!

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

UPDATE :

you will be fined 300 social credit points and you have to say 2 hail Mary's.
now go in peace.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I am on this mailing list. It's not without some elements of bias at times, but nothing is 100% down the middle. It's pretty good. The only problem is it's not gonna help you keep up with breaking news. The newsletter is always a day behind.

They also have more focused newsletters you can sign up for, like a science one.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I remember when a publication called The Week came out.

their selling point was telling both sides.

a few months later they were just another leftist shill.

huge potential market for fair journalism. too bad nobody wants to fill it. they're more interested in promoting the agenda, than informing the public.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElGoobero
I remember when a publication called The Week came out.

their selling point was telling both sides.

a few months later they were just another leftist shill.

huge potential market for fair journalism. too bad nobody wants to fill it. they're more interested in promoting the agenda, than informing the public.

It's ironic for me It all started with the Drudge Report, back in the 90s. Nice synopsis, multiple sources, LOL but back then I watched CNN too. 30 years later we should be better informed, and thus have broad consensus on some issues instead we are collectively clueless and divided AF.

almost as if by design.

posted on Aug, 13 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I am on this mailing list. It's not without some elements of bias at times, but nothing is 100% down the middle. It's pretty good. The only problem is it's not gonna help you keep up with breaking news. The newsletter is always a day behind.

They also have more focused newsletters you can sign up for, like a science one.

Any links would be appreciated, it's obvious you know your chit. The aggregate sites have their limitations It sometimes feels like we are missing chunks of important and relevant news, by being bombarded with Taylor Swift BS.

Even celebs I used to like I've grown to not like anymore. Can't stand any Hollywood crap, even the news in my state makes me roll my eyes and we need that industry badly for our economy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join