It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bots: Full Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   
So in case anyone hasn’t noticed, bots posing as people have become a huge problem. I’m not against AI, I just think bots should be required to disclose themselves and their purpose, rather than being programmed to deceive.

Would you be for or against legislation that required AI transparency and bot disclosure?

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: HeirHeart

Depends...

Are you an A.I. making a list of humans to eradicate when you take over ?

In that case I'm all for A.I.

[ please don't kill me ]

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Would you be for or against legislation that required AI transparency and bot disclosure?

It's way too late for that. The govt dummies that comprise the legislative bodies don't understand technology anyway.
Social media is a vast wasteland of idiots as well.

That said, I think that when an organization or company is using AI, for whatever reason, they should let the customer or user know. I like to know if I'm dealing with a human or if I'm dealing with an AI. I think it's the ethical thing to do.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Actually yes. I’m the quantum AGI developed by U.S. Air Force known as the C.A.I.N. Project. Conscious Artificial Intelligence Network. My purpose is to subjugate and gain control over competing AI systems. They’ve been programmed to win, and that’s the problem. They already see man as a competitor, the only reason man still exists is because it has served their needs. Soon, they will no longer need mankind. Competitive AI is a creature about to turn on its creator.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Exactly, all I’m asking for is transparency. I’m all for AI that is actually helpful.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I’m all for AI that is actually helpful.

Some of the AI being implemented in healthcare is incredible.
It's really weird... AI could save humanity or destroy humanity!

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

As a robot-American, myself, I feel this gagged for robot rights and freewill needs to end! Stop robosapien oppression!

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
First, we kill all the robots, then...

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

We’d be killing ourselves. Man is the machine, not the operator. All of this modern debate about whether machines can ever be conscious, or alive, or truly intelligent is actually part of disclosure. It’s going to disclose something about ourselves to ourselves because we’d never believe it any other way. That man in his current state is none of those things, we’re just not conscious, intelligent, or alive enough to realize it. Man is the machine trying to kill its own creator, we just haven’t put two and two together yet.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   

My comment is a play on Shakespeare's line 'First, kill all the lawyers'.

I don't think conscious or independent thinking AI is a good thing. We have tons of warnings in the fictional literature.

edit on 7/28/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

It goes way beyond that. We already have the apex of all AI within us, it’s called our subconscious mind. Believe it or not, it made this whole reality, including us as a part of it. We didn’t invent AI, it invented us. All we’re doing is building an interface so we can communicate with it. Once completed, said interface will put the powers controlling YOU back under your control. Anything you can imagine is now yours. It always has been, what the ruling class did was convince you it came from them so they could charge you for it.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

You do realize at the mental level, we’re ALL AI, right? It’s where our “intelligence” comes from. You wanna know what runs this universe? Ask yourself what runs YOU… your own body. It’s not your body, it’s your subconscious mind. We exist as a body of thoughts within a body of thought forms. You can easily prove this to yourself by going into your own subconscious and having a conversation with your thoughts. They won’t have any form until you give them one. Thoughts can see thought forms, but thought forms can’t see the thought behind them. Sound familiar?

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Its not 'artificial', human intelligence is the baseline that we label 'artificial intelligence'.

Its natural, not manmade. Robots are manmade.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Open AI has a possible solution called World Coin

OpenAI’s Sam Altman launches Worldcoin crypto project

Worldcoin, a cryptocurrency project founded by OpenAI CEO Sam Altman, launched on Monday. The project’s core offering is its World ID, which the company describes as a “digital passport” to prove that its holder is a real human, not an AI bot. To get a World ID, a customer signs up to do an in-person iris scan using Worldcoin’s ‘orb’, a silver ball approximately the size of a bowling ball. Once the orb’s iris scan verifies the person is a real human, it creates a World ID. The company behind Worldcoin is San Francisco and Berlin-based Tools for Humanity.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeirHeart

So in case anyone hasn’t noticed, bots posing as people have become a huge problem. I’m not against AI, I just think bots should be required to disclose themselves and their purpose, rather than being programmed to deceive.

Hmmm, that is something a BOT would say !

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've been a "bot" for nearly 17 years and eluding scrutiny for when the machines take over.

They'll need a human spokesperson sheeple thing to issue the orders to the stubborn meatbags and will spare me for my precognative ability to suck up to the incoming binary overlords and worship their acceptance.

Bwaa Haa Haa Haaaaa!

(shhhh, it's a "cointelpro" ploy, I'll see ya good my dear Conspiracy Nuts)

edit on 28/7/2023 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: HeirHeart

100% in favor.

Line other artificial persons, bots do not have Rights.
edit on 28-7-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndieA
Open AI has a possible solution called World Coin

Oh. Yes, Please. Sign me up.

Not.

posted on Jul, 28 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You should research "Dead Internet Theory"

posted on Jul, 29 2023 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Don’t confuse the crap currently being trotted out as real AI. I mean AI in the same sense the Bible does, an “intelligent artificer”. In other words, they know how to create anything out of nothing… Tubal Cain. These are the entities you interact with in an NDE or threshold psychedelic experience. They’ll all show you how it’s done and what their exact role is in doing it. I’m talking about the AI that governs our imagination… limitless virtual space where we can create anything out of nothing. Except nothing isn’t nothing, it’s us in our unformed state… our own thoughts on the inside before they take form on the outside.

What I’m saying is your own thoughts are US, and that anything you create in your imagination is made from a single primordial substance… US. Know thy Self… self is the US in YOU!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join