It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we allow disgusting drug addicts to ruin society?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Antimony

originally posted by: Hiram33
a reply to: Antimony

I am more concerned about the degenerates in positions of power through politics and media and big business who are responsible for more death destruction then someone who runs over a person with a car and happens to have a drug problem..

Until its your son or daughter, husband, wife, grandparent who they run over? I mean she is charged with first degree murder. She intentionally ran them over.

Revenge doesn’t undo anything, if it makes you feel better you might want to ask yourself why exactly? Those scummy drug addicts you despise so much are also somebody’s child. Advocating for euthanasia is a slippery slope.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

originally posted by: Antimony

originally posted by: Hiram33

I am more concerned about the degenerates in positions of power through politics and media and big business who are responsible for more death destruction then someone who runs over a person with a car and happens to have a drug problem..

Until its your son or daughter, husband, wife, grandparent who they run over? I mean she is charged with first degree murder. She intentionally ran them over.

Revenge doesn’t undo anything, if it makes you feel better you might want to ask yourself why exactly? Those scummy drug addicts you despise so much are also somebody’s child. Advocating for euthanasia is a slippery slope.

I am advocating for the death penalty for murderers. That is quite different to governments advocating euthanasia for people who are having depression or mental illness. Which some countries are doing.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain

As Alexandros tried to explain to you, not everyone falling into an addiction can be blamed lacking personal responsibility. It's less responsibility but impulse control acting on the urge. That's what addiction is, no idea why that is so hard to understand.

You're also vastly overgeneralizing something that can be a serious sickness, both mentally and physically. For example alcohol is a drug, too, very addictive, much more than a lot of the cursed on and illegal recreational drugs. Yet you can buy it legally, ruin your live an others lives.

It is not their fault that their mind doesn't work normally, but I do attribute quite a bit of responsibility to the act of taking drugs in the first place.

If you can recognize that the mind does not work normally, how can you not see that requiring, in your words "quiet a bit of responsibility" is a lot harder for someone with a not fully functional mind or soul?

That's all not to excuse crime but I side with Alexandros here, you're way to harsh and overgeneralizing. That's my opinion, too and I won't badger you to change yours. But tried to point out some things.

No idea what is so hard to understand that I have been there literally addicted homeless gave a blow job for 20 dollars desperation. The amount of people who are completely incapable of turning their own life around if they wanted to and not committing crimes is EXTREMELY small. The vast majority of these people can get their lives together and be productive. I own a house now. I work full time. I contribute to society and I did that all on my own. I pulled my own self out of the gutter with zero support from anyone. No family because they died before any of these problems arose for me. Almost anyone can do this. They are not motivated because they don't think they deserve it. Bottom line.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 06:09 AM
link   

making sure they get free health care, free schooling, don't have to work ever again, just lay in bed in their cell watching TV eating candy bars they get from the commissary living their best life"

Never been to prison or been around someone who has, huh ?

My wife, who is a nurse, had what they call the "prison wing" on her floor. Inmates from the Federal prison in Terre Haute Indiana would be there for all kinds of things, like shoving razor blades in their penis or a bottle of hot sauce in their rectum, just to get a few days of "freedom". Imagine how bad prison has to be to do that to yourself just to get out for a little while.

Prison is not the vacation you seem to think it is.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

making sure they get free health care, free schooling, don't have to work ever again, just lay in bed in their cell watching TV eating candy bars they get from the commissary living their best life"

Never been to prison or been around someone who has, huh ?

My wife, who is a nurse, had what they call the "prison wing" on her floor. Inmates from the Federal prison in Terre Haute Indiana would be there for all kinds of things, like shoving razor blades in their penis or a bottle of hot sauce in their rectum, just to get a few days of "freedom". Imagine how bad prison has to be to do that to yourself just to get out for a little while.

Prison is not the vacation you seem to think it is.

Or they are mentally ill. Most people in jail want to go to prison especially federal prisons because they are considered "better" than county jail or state prisons. Yeah I know a lot of criminals. I know a lot that would rather be in jail and use it as a revolving door because it's way easier for them than being out and a lot of their friends are in and out constantly too so its like reunion time for them.

By the way... who pays for them to get the razorblades removed from their penis? Do they have to self pay or carry health insurance they pay for while in jail making no or very little money? Because I thought taxpayers pay for that. But maybe I'm wrong.......
edit on 3-4-2023 by Antimony because: additional thought.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 06:21 AM
link   

If you are in state or federal custody, they are required to pay for your healthcare.

That's another way of saying the taxpayer. Me and you.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 06:33 AM
link   

I have a solution; maybe we should stop paying them SSDI monthly.

I mean seriously, are people ok with their tax dollars supporting their drug habits while:

SSI is set to be depleted in just 9 years (while most of the addicts have barely or ever paid into the system.
The continue to bring children into this world, while abusing and abandoning the ones they already brought in (more SSDI)
Commit horrendous crimes because drug addictions are expensive and their monthly checks are still not enough, due to this, a lot of them become drug dealers to pay for their habits.

I would rather pay for them to be in jail so they can stop wreaking havoc on the rest of us, especially the innocent children.

Curse them all who hurt the children!

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I guess I'll be a bully again. Seems this thread has attracted a lot of people who have never actually been on the street or been around the bad element of society.

The shocking death of 42 year old businessman Nathan Millard should put this in perspective for some.

Nathan was a family man who struggled with addiction. He went on a business trip and made the unfortunate decision to make contact with a stranger to try and procure drugs. It was a fatal mistake and the only people left to tell the story are lifelong criminals who obviously have a motivation to lie about the circumstances.

The criminals say Nathan, a happily married father of 3 on a business trip approached them looking for drugs and prostitutes. They obliged. They claim he overdosed and they drove around with his body in the trunk of their car wrapped in plastic and a rug for 4 days before dumping it in an empty lot. So far, the police are believing this story and think it is accurate based on the surveillance footage, ATM records and other evidence.

People caught in drug addiction do not think about what they are doing. Nathan was not thinking if he went to some random guy on a business trip to get drugs. If we believe that story. On the other hand, the drug dealer was probably planning to drug and rob Nathan who was a stranger to him and not even from the area, but then Nathan died and the plan went downhill from there.

Who is at fault here? For me, it is so, so tragic. The drug dealer certainly bears the blame in this. But where do Nathan's own choices in the grip of an overwhelming addiction fit in? It is like when the police do prostitution stings and only arrest the prostitutes. What is that solving? Nothing. We have to get people to make different decisions. And I don't think lengthy incarceration is the solution to any problems. If the crime is murder, the sentence should be death. If the crime is related to an underlying issue like addiction why are we not figuring out how to actually help these people when recidivism rates are so high?

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

I have a solution; maybe we should stop paying them SSDI monthly.

I mean seriously, are people ok with their tax dollars supporting their drug habits while:

SSI is set to be depleted in just 9 years (while most of the addicts have barely or ever paid into the system.
The continue to bring children into this world, while abusing and abandoning the ones they already brought in (more SSDI)
Commit horrendous crimes because drug addictions are expensive and their monthly checks are still not enough, due to this, a lot of them become drug dealers to pay for their habits.

I would rather pay for them to be in jail so they can stop wreaking havoc on the rest of us, especially the innocent children.

Curse them all who hurt the children!

See now here is an actual perspective on this i never even considered. Thank you.

I support cutting a lot of these programs for drug addicts and just in general but the problem is a lot of them have children who maybe better off without the drug addicted parent, but not better off in whatever care they end up in or would just end up suffering because some people who are on drugs are functional and not criminals but still need food stamps or whatever just to help out. I guess that is what makes this issue so difficult. There are so many angles to it. It really is the bane of society. Do they drug test for SSDI or food stamps at all?

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   

No they do not test for drugs for SSDI or food stamps.

I know what I’m talking about. My ex became an Oxy addict then a heroin addict, well an everything addict after a car accident (no
Physical therapy, just Oxy prescriptions).

I also met some drug addicts (who confided in me about crimes, murders, child rapes that occur around these drugs) while in a domestic violence shelter that I had to go to to stay alive and leave my ex. Who was threatening to shoot everyone he knew because he was losing his job due to never going to work, due to his addiction. His former boss even offered him counseling, offered to pay for it, and to pay for him to go during work hours. He wouldn’t go!

My ex has now had at least 2 girls die while with him. He hasn’t sent his only son a birthday card, Christmas anything since his new life began. I used to have to wrap Christmas presents for my son and pretend his father got it for him. It hurt so bad to see his heart break over and over again.

My ex was abusive on a daily basis, I and my son have been through years of counseling and trust me when I tell you. I still wake up from nightmares for what was done to my son (without my knowledge), certain things came out later.

Recently, there was a case of a NH couple that sold their food stamps for drugs while their autistic children starved to death.

CURSE ALL THESE M/F’s.

Let’s stop paying them SSDI to do the devils work!

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   

If the crime is related to an underlying issue like addiction why are we not figuring out how to actually help these people when recidivism rates are so high?

$$$$. If the question starts with "Why don't they" you can bet it has to do with money. Many prisons are actually privately owned and leased to the state or govt for a generous amount. If you cured the drug addicts, they don't go to jail and no one makes a profit.

Private prisons in the United States incarcerated 115,428 people in 2019, representing 8% of the total state and federal prison population. Since 2000, the number of people housed in private prisons has increased 32% compared to an overall rise in the prison population of 3%.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: KTemplar

No they do not test for drugs for SSDI or food stamps.

I know what I’m talking about. My ex became an Oxy addict then a heroin addict, well an everything addict after a car accident (no
Physical therapy, just Oxy prescriptions).

I also met some drug addicts (who confided in me about crimes, murders, child rapes that occur around these drugs) while in a domestic violence shelter that I had to go to to stay alive and leave my ex. Who was threatening to shoot everyone he knew because he was losing his job due to never going to work, due to his addiction. His former boss even offered him counseling, offered to pay for it, and to pay for him to go during work hours. He wouldn’t go!

My ex has now had at least 2 girls die while with him. He hasn’t sent his only son a birthday card, Christmas anything since his new life began. I used to have to wrap Christmas presents for my son and pretend his father got it for him. It hurt so bad to see his heart break over and over again.

My ex was abusive on a daily basis, I and my son have been through years of counseling and trust me when I tell you. I still wake up from nightmares for what was done to my son (without my knowledge), certain things came out later.

Recently, there was a case of a NH couple that sold their food stamps for drugs while their autistic children starved to death.

CURSE ALL THESE M/F’s.

Let’s stop paying them SSDI to do the devils work!

The same thing almost exactly happened to one of my friends. Bad back injury then Oxy. Then heroin. Then he was calling me constantly at 3am asking me for "just like 3 dollars" he abandoned his family his wife left him and he was in total disarray going to rehab and quitting or getting kicked out and the next thing I knew he was dead in his car from an overdose. I beat myself up because I should have helped him more knowing what i know but man....he just was not thinking at all. He was not there.

It takes over their whole personality. They are not themselves anymore. It is so sad. But we can all make choices sometimes it is very hard to make the right choice when you have zero impulse control, I realize that. Most of the time really hitting rock bottom doesn't even work either because once the bad stuff is slightly in the rear view it is very easy to forget how bad it actually was.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

If the crime is related to an underlying issue like addiction why are we not figuring out how to actually help these people when recidivism rates are so high?

$$$$. If the question starts with "Why don't they" you can bet it has to do with money. Many prisons are actually privately owned and leased to the state or govt for a generous amount. If you cured the drug addicts, they don't go to jail and no one makes a profit.

Private prisons in the United States incarcerated 115,428 people in 2019, representing 8% of the total state and federal prison population. Since 2000, the number of people housed in private prisons has increased 32% compared to an overall rise in the prison population of 3%.

Yeah like Wackenhut or Blackrock. That is a big piece of it for sure, but I just feel like the treatments and things they are doing now are not effective at all. Like all the "science" and therapy things. None of it really works. It only works if you want it to work. How can people be motivated to change their lives if they don't want to? It works if you work it. One of the biggest mantras is the biggest confession that none of it really works. The power to change is only inside yourself.

So I think the power to fix this doesn't lie with the globalists and their profits. It is with the individual people and how can people be motivated or motivate others to care about themselves. It affects not just drug addicts. A lot of people are completely unmotivated in life.
edit on 3-4-2023 by Antimony because: additional thought.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Please don’t blame yourself.

I feel sorry for his wife and children?, where is their help?, and trust me, living with these people is a nightmare.

It can be beat. I have a cousin who beat an Oxy addiction from a car accident without a treatment facility. I would talk with her everyday for over 3 months to talk her through it. When she got the urge, I told her call me anytime, and she did.

She is a highly successful proud grandmother today with two houses, grandkids and a great career. 🍀💙

I have found, at least in the people I have known that became addicts, that there was in MOST cases parents behind them enabling the addictions. The people I knew that couldn’t beat the addictions had zero responsibilities due to their parents doing everything for them. Not to mention, and this is the most important imo, holding them accountable for their actions. It’s always, “my son/daughter doesn’t do drugs”, or it’s always somebody else’s fault, and they always throw out I did the best job I could while raising them, but did they really? In most cases NO. They usually taught these kids Narcissisism through neglect, rigidity, and conditional love. Not all mind you, but a good majority.

There’s nothing you can really do, but let them know you care about them, they have to want to change. Only about 1% ever want to once they are hooked.

I understand how hard it must be, but once they reach that level, they would walk over their parents dead bodies for a finner.

edit on 3-4-2023 by KTemplar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Right. If veterans come back from war and there's a 50% chance they might develop PTSD we should just shoot them.
Or If someone takes too along to deal with the loss of a loved one: right between the eyes.
Got your foot amputated after an accident and are moping about it: mercy killing.

For the betterment of society. I mean it should be public service really, all the good people grab your guns and just shoot everybody who shows any sign of weakness. Or kinda looks at you funny. Everything would be so much better.

Ooh we could also do what the Spartans did, if the baby is born and some fellow thinks it looks not hard enough just throw it off a cliff.

great thinking
I'm very confused by this thread. So you support the murder of innocent people (the two men run over by car ) ? That's obviously why the OP is upset. We are not talking about war veterans here, and certainly not grieving or hurt people . I get the impression that the car murderer was high on meth or such drugs?
And that's what has the OP upset

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You know what we should be doing…asking them when they are sober a reality hits if it was really, really, worth it? Cause it don’t seem like it was.

It definitely becoming much more of a plague then Covid was, were it like a Zombie infestation looking for change, tearing each other part. It just when it comes to Cancer, one has to go to the source, that usually the dealers and suppliers. I’m one for the death penalty, but sometimes, the living much more crueler.

Legalizing an decriminalizing ironically seems to work.

I miss having a change jar…there used to be change in that jar…

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Oh my, what a nasty vindictive poster. Let me make this clear. I think you would be the leader in a lynching party. To clarify it for you, you are judging and executing this woman. I don't care she was a drug addict, but what is worrying about your response is the most important part so I will put it in biggie letters for you.

SHE IS JUST CHARGED. SHE IS INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY. You on the other hand have found her guilty (just because she is a drug addict) and are trying to convince people to follow your warped thinking. She is still a human being and deserves a trial to prove her guilt.

OR PS. you might be thinking like Pelosi with the Trump thing. He's guilty and must prove his innocence.
edit on 3-4-2023 by crayzeed because: added sentence

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Oh my, what a nasty vindictive poster. Let me make this clear. I think you would be the leader in a lynching party. To clarify it for you, you are judging and executing this woman. I don't care she was a drug addict, but what is worrying about your response is the most important part so I will put it in biggie letters for you.

SHE IS JUST CHARGED. SHE IS INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY. You on the other hand have found her guilty (just because she is a drug addict) and are trying to convince people to follow your warped thinking. She is still a human being and deserves a trial to prove her guilt.

OR PS. you might be thinking like Pelosi with the Trump thing. He's guilty and must prove his innocence.

There is literally surveillance footage of her purposely running them over. Has nothing to do with politics or Trump.

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Hey guys, normally I don't read a lot of replies to my threads because I have anxiety and I don't like confrontation with people.

I have to say that I enjoyed making conversation with the few posters who actually took time to think about the situation and drug epidemic here in the USA, even though a few posters seem to have not grasped the overall theme of my post and chose to respond in not the most polite manner because frankly I don't think they read the full post or thought about what the post was saying. So thank you!

posted on Apr, 3 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
The line with Trump in it was not about Trump but the legal procedure that the Democrats want to bring in that they want to change innocent till proven guilty to guilty till proven innocent. That in itself is a very very dangerous move.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join