It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EMF Reduction Technology- Does it really work?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   
G’day ATS,

It’s been a while since I’ve posted here yet I visit almost daily. I know most of you yet I doubt any one here knows me so before I manipulate you all and take advantage of the collective brilliance of ATS to assist me with a task, I thought it necessary to say hi again, so, hi 👋👋

I don’t expect much activity here. This isn’t a political, pop cultural or paranormal type post so most will probably skip passed without paying much attention but if I can snag half a dozen or so members, to contribute some knowledge, I will be eternally grateful for it… here’s why.

It’s the missus.

A brief background about my relationship dynamics over the last few years, one small aspect of it anyway. Pre Covid my beautiful partner was nothing short of naive.
Don’t get me wrong, she’s an intelligent woman (she picked me), but she hadn’t descended into the proverbial rabbit hole as yet, despite my gentle prodding over many years. When Covid took off, I followed the coverage relentlessly, trying to figure out the agenda whilst she let the fear beat her down. My gentle prodding wasn’t working so I came up with a plan which was nothing short of brilliant and the best part, she was my inspiration.

I rolled my eyes 🙄

She came home with the kids from school one day and started spraying disinfectant on their shoes as a precaution to not track the virus into our home and this to me seemed utterly ridiculous so I rolled my eyes at her and I don’t know what it was but it triggered something in her. I beat her at her own game and I think she took it personally so ever since then, she leaped off the rabbit hole event horizon and has been plummeting and gathering speed ever since. Now she’s so much the conspiracy nut, I’m looking mainstream.

Another thing, about me this time. I use words a lot, like too much. I’m 300+ words in and still no mention of the topic of the OP so I’ll cut this history lesson off here and get to the chase.

So my lovely partner is starting to bug out hard and is looking into EMF protection for our home and ourselves. I haven’t researched much but she has basically completed her PhD on the matter. Trouble is, she is still quite naive and only tends to study the side of a topic that she resides in whereas I stay true to the motto of good old ATS and try to deny ignorance. I still have my side of the fence on most things but I try to play the devils advocate as much as possible.

I’m hoping for some wisdom in this area from you lot. Upon applying my due diligence, I think I know the answer, but I want to see if what you all say bolsters my stance or puts me in my place. She sends me info on devices and clothing and stickers and shungite, relentlessly pushing her agenda on me but ever the critic, I’m hesitant to spend the sometimes hundreds of $ on some of these things as they mostly seem like snake oil. Upon a few quick searches I found many sources mostly denying the effectiveness of this stuff with sound logic and plenty of scientific studies with seemingly verifiable data, stopping short of completing the experiments myself. Now I’m not asking any of you to go to that extent, or any extent aside from sharing any knowledge you may already possess or even a polite opinion. I have plenty of sources so no need to post any here, like I said, just the collective brilliance of ATS and it’s members.

Tell me what you know.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You can Google a lot of info on EMF protection, but most of it looks gimmicky as hell. The only way to get completely away from it is to move to the middle of nowhere and live off grid. I mean Really off grid.. No wifi, no cell phones etc....

They have anti EMF clothing, but unless you want to walk around in basically a full body hazmat suit, you're going to be exposed to some degree.

...or you can build a Faraday cage around your entire house.
There's no practical way to get away from it in the modern world.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Yeh it’s basically the same as what I’ve found. The faraday cage seems like the only sure fire way to eliminate the effects but doing so renders any electronic device useless whilst inside which is kind of counter productive I suppose. I do like the idea of going off grid, as does the missus but with the economy so precarious at the moment, it’s a risk right now.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   
One person I know with EMF sensitivity has spent a lot trying to defend her property and find some peace. Many things tried where limited or temporary in effectiveness. She cannot handle having Wifi turned on in her house. Even a modem is trouble with all of its EMP noise.

Setting up some wire mesh helped tone down some of the neighbors wifi, but not enough to stop it. Switching off the circuit the air conditioner was connect to helped with some EMF noise, even when the air con was not running, standby mode?

Someone gave her a credit card size anti EMF device, helped for a couple of days. Don't know how it works and if it needs to be recharged or reset in some way?

One thing that is working to get a better nights sleep is to wear ear plugs and wrap her head in a cloth with some silver strands.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TOMFROMOZ

A faraday cage does not render electronic devices inside useless. Simply put, it blocks electromagnetic radiation from outside getting in, and from inside going out. It renders wireless connection outside the cage useless.

A geodesic dome could be engineered to enclose a nearly limitless area and have many other beneficial effects to the domicile beside absorbing most electromagnetic radiation. If I was bathing in monies, I would be working on this myself. I have too many neighbors burning their garbage, and so much rain and moisture and hurricane force winds and humid heat, that a dome over my house has become my life dream.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Actually it's totally possible to be heavy cell phone/ 4G user and
Avoid the EMF pollution what goes to mobile internet , which is toxic. I am sensitive to EMF.

1. Locate area /house with low EMF/ NO EMF
2. Buy outdoor LTE antenna
3. Buy 50 - 100 meter or even longer outdoor ethernet cable CAT6

Need to set the LTE antenna as far can from house , to place where LTE antenna and cell tower are in different line than house, to avoid rf signals from tower sending the signals directly to house, like maybe 50 meters from house either left or right to line from house---cell tower. This way the cell tower -LTE connection does not go directly to house.

There are also longer cat6 cables, ideally the longer from house the less
EMF radiation .

There are also internet phones, so it's possible to use that as phone
And stop using cell phones in home.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Lead foil > tin foil

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

the best and only way is to make a multi layer faraday cage and ground the living daylights out of it.

if you make one big enough you can go in you can have your office in there but you'll need a CAT5 cable for internet obviously.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

your history lesson, made me laugh good, that's how it's done.

This is as good as any moment to go off grid.

As for EMF the house faraday is the best bet but I'm not sure about all frequencies as they only get blocked if the meshing is tight enough.
then there is still you cellphone and basically every other electronic device that still emits EMF inside your faraday cache with no where to go.
if I'd go down that road I'd opt for an EMF free sleeping zone.
your brain produces an EMF field too, some visualization for an impenetrable personal daily EMF bubble can go a long way, but night time is a little harder without going into the woo stuff, so yeah faraday cache around the bed.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It can't be escaped to any great degree is where research led me. What I ended up with is turn off the wifi at night and don't sleep with your phone next to your head. Best I can do and still live life.

Congrats, sir, on brilliantly waking your wife up. Now...you deal with it.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Now...you deal with it.

Lol, I didn't even think about that.

Make sure she doesn't fall into the fear trap on the other side of the spectre.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Tell me what you know.

I was stationed at a an NRTF for two years.
You could take a four foot long fluorescent bulb
and hold it up with your hand outside and it would glow.

That was 30 years ago.
I have had no cancers or major health problems.
Probably in better shape than most 60 year olds.
But I do lead a rather healthy lifestyle.

I remember when "Operation Golden Flow"
(urine test) went down on the base.
When my test came back , my superiors said
they were asking if this was real urine.
Yep , it was that pure. No "contaminants"

edit on 19-2-2023 by RavenSpeaks because: add

edit on 19-2-2023 by RavenSpeaks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   
May potentially be worth explaining to her how common household appliances like microwaves emit known damagubf emf/radiation but it's all safely contained in a faraday cage so none of it escapes.

We're all bombarded with various emf radiation from the point of birth - wifi/5g isn't within the damage to humans spectrum- I'd be far more concerned about how vulnerable passports and bankcards are to snooping unless shielded.

Your basic crisp/potato packet will stop any emf; there are court cases in the US where an employee was fired for using this method to cover up playing golf on company time) - if it was an alterior motive by TPTB then defence from it wouldn't be readilly available from every shop for less than a dollar.

Any form of clothing, supplements, marketing or otherwise claiming to offer protection is an overpriced gimmick; 99.9% offers no protection or far less than tinfoil/mylar would for a fracrtion of the price. Nearly all of these 'cures' are sponsored by 'Health Ranger', Mike Adams, who owns dozens of websites promoting and selling such nonsense.

It's natural to feel a bit over-protective of kids but this is the exact same manipulation the pseudo-scientific community abuse to sell their fake remedies.

Her heart is in the right place; sadly a lot of companies seek to exploit that for financial gain with no scientific basis.

Converseley, making people aware of the emf or any other risk they've taken all their lives without thought or ill effect may cause worsening of their condition if they're still under the false impression it's a danger.

EDIT: There's a Mod/User on here named Redneck/The Redneck who is probably best suited to answer the questions. May be worth sending him a PM but he's also likely to see the thread as has a keen interest in education and practicalities of such matters.

edit on 19-2-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I would start from the inside out, BUT, the MOST important thing you or anyone can do is to verify and strengthen the quality of the EARTHING SYSTEM for your home wiring. You can never have enough Earthing and it is a huge factor in regulating interferance in your whole house.

I have a reasonable stereo and it uses a seperate earth spike for the designated sockets for the system. No hum, no buzz, nothing.

Shielding an environment FROM outside EMF would always have the opposite effect when inside the area. Anything inside is free to continue emmitting those frequencies unchecked and bounce around unable to leave.

Good luck.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   

A faraday cage can be practically anything. Including aluminum, which is where the tin foil hat meme comes from.

In any scenario that would involve loss of power to your house from the substation, there’s nothing you can EM proof to stop that, all of the components on poles and at the substation are not under your control to harden. Your own generator or something similar is the only solution there.

But you can easily harden things that need to be hardened, the primary things you would probably lose in an EM attack are:

Use of your car if it is push to start / keyless. An EM would probably fry your car FOB and you can’t Hotwire a keyless car in a traditional way. Having backup car FOB(s) in Faraday cages is not a bad idea, unless you know how to make a low range RF repeater of the same freq. as your car, then it doesn’t matter.

Devices with irreplaceable or critical data. The most likely computer elements that would be effected by an EM pulse event are your hard drives, removable storage media, SSD memory, RAM and the storage on your mobile devices. Other than your RAM and onboard computer storage hardware, all of the above can be placed into a Faraday cage you make (very simple) or buy (save time). They would all be vulnerable whenever you take them out, but otherwise safe for trivial cost. You can also purchase a faraday cage that would potentially protect a smart phone while in use, but I’m skeptical that would work — if it’s blocking signal in to protect, it’s blocking signal out to communicate. Perhaps a partially hardened case works and the structure or description explains why.

Your entire computer. You can actually build at home an EM hardened desktop or laptop computer, takes some time, knowledge of tools and money, but it’s the hardest thing you own to protect from the general effects on an EM event. There are videos on YT related to doing this. The Wi-Fi antenna on or in your computer is the failure point, generally, for a computer experiencing a sufficiently pulse wave.

Most of your other electronics. Most of your other consumer electronics would be mostly unaffected in an EMP as they are designed to carry overload charge during a power surge. Some of those devices have fuses in them and the fuses might break (identify the fuses and buy extra ones). Light bulbs of an older style may lose their filament, but I doubt it and LED lights would probably be unaffected. (You’d lose overall power some nanoseconds before your light bulbs would experience a surge in most cases).

Your car should be fine other than the FOB in a garage, but it’s possible an EM event would scramble the on-board rudimentary computers. Resetting those will be in your manual or online to print . Your car battery should be unaffected unless the car is turned on at the moment of the EMP event and your hood is open, and even then the battery is probably unimpacted.

Complex or professional electronics. The more complex the electronics, the more likely it would experience breakage in an EMP event, if it is not hardened. Long range radio devices could break. If you use battery powered power hand tools, it’s possible the battery or the tool with the battery plugged in would experience adverse effects. Absent the battery catching fire though, once / if you have your own power or an alternate power supply they should be rechargeable. Anything related to electromagnetic communication/signal is potentially damaged. If you own a plane with modern avionics, you are probably out of luck if you are flying, learn well how to land without power.

Unless you have a pacemaker, or similar medical device, (or maybe took the MRNA shot recently or a booster), you do not have sufficient high conductivity material in your body for an EM event to affect your person. People with pacemakers would be at significant risk and there’s not a great way to mitigate that other than to have appropriate medical devices and backup power.

To demystify EMPs, every time you get shocked by the door knob or the car frame, you are experiencing a very small electromagnetic pulse. Other than structured digital data, EMF devices with receiving ability, pacemakers and a handful of other things, even a large scale high altitude EMP would not affect most of the things in your house, even electronic.

Your biggest risk if you are not in a modern plane in flight and don’t have a pacemaker is that your local water supply source will break and you can’t get fresh water. Have a month of fresh water on hand and
learn how to purify any arbitrary water.

In most disasters, lack of water will kill you way faster than anything else. You can live 3-5 days max without water. Most people could probably survive without food for 45-60 days.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the input. This is why I love ATS, everyone is willing to help where they can and there really is a wealth of brilliant minds here.
I’ll absorb everything said and relay it to my better half and if she has any questions, perhaps I’ll get her to throw a few out to you all.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

There are different types of EMP as well as which ones can cause damage. The general rule I follow is the longer the line (that acts as an antenna), the more damage due to the propagation wave.

There are major differences between nuclear and solar EMPs and different stages of the event.

Jerry Emanuelson has excellent information on this topic.

EMP myths
Main Page
Generators and EMP
Critical National Infrastructure report (PDF)
edit on 19-2-2023 by billxam because: added link

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TOMFROMOZ
So my lovely partner is starting to bug out hard and is looking into EMF protection for our home and ourselves. I haven’t researched much but she has basically completed her PhD on the matter. Trouble is, she is still quite naive and only tends to study the side of a topic that she resides in whereas I stay true to the motto of good old ATS and try to deny ignorance.
This really needs more context.

There are two avenues of concern relative to EMF:
1. Security. Some prior posts have mentioned "Faraday cage", which DirtWasher summarized succinctly in his/her reply. Without it, people could conceivably do things like collect signals emitted from your monitor and see a rough image of what you're looking at on your display. This is a concern of course to prevent spying on military secrets. But unless you're in the military, or a contractor to the military with access to sensitive information, or someone who might be a target of corporate espionage with trade secrets, the average person is not likely to be a target of this kind of spying.

2. Personal EMF "sensitivity" or "Electrosensitivity". There is no doubt that many people claim to be sensitive to EMF, and in fact some such claims have been posted in this thread. There are also claims from people that swear they did "such and such" which helped their EMF sensitivity, but I think it's important to research and understand the "nocebo effect" and "placebo effect" when evaluating such anecdotal testimonies.

From my background in electrical engineering and my own personal research, the two most significant EMF fields which might be of concern are these:

2a. Living close to a high voltage electrical power transmission line. There probably needs to be more research on this but personally I don't want to live too close to such high voltage power lines, so the simple solution is to choose a home which is not too close, which thankfully, most homes fall in this category.

2b. Holding your cell phone against your head when you talk. While most Americans are loathe to read the instructions for anything if they don't have to, most are probably not aware their cell phone instructions typically say not to hold your cell phone against your head, but instead to leave a gap (which may vary by the phone manufacturer, but it's typically some fraction of an inch, say in the ballpark of 1/2 inch or maybe 1 cm. I often use hands free or speaker-phone if I'm not in a public place, like at home, so I don't have to hold the phone close to my head at all. The risks appear to be small based on numbers of incidents but it's hard to say conclusively they are non-existent so it's best to at least follow the phone manufacturer's directions (which I see many people do not).

So those two concerns are really the only common concerns that come to mind that apear to have some justifiable basis in research. Regarding other concerns, it's documented that people really have or feel symptoms when they claim EMF sensitivity, but the question is, what is causing those symptoms and is it really EMF sensitivity or not? The science seems to say, not.

Aside from the two possibilities I mentioned above, I tend to think that people claiming EMF sensitivity may have real symptoms but they are not caused by EMF. You could study this personally with carefully controlled trials (this has been done). For example, take a person who claims EMF sensitivity to a Wi-Fi base unit, put them in a chair facing away from it, and perform say 50 trials with the unit randomly on the on or the off state, making sure there are no clues they can detect which might suggest the on or off state, and see how many of the 50 trials the allegedly sensitive person correctly reports the state of the unit; can they really feel anything from it?

So the science leads to these kinds of conclusions:

Electromagnetic Sensitivity Absurdity

Electrosensitivity is an imaginary, debunked energy allergy

Electrosensitivity is an alleged allergy to electromagnetic fields and radiation. It is the basis for paranoia particularly about the health effects of Wi-Fi networks, power lines, and cell phones — fears that top the charts of human irrationality. There’s little doubt that the afflicted are suffering from something, but it is either an unrelated medical condition and/or psychosomatic. Electrosensitivity has been thoroughly debunked.

Unsurprisingly, many people who believe they can heal with life energy — reiki, acupuncture, and so on — are also active spreading fear, uncertainty, and doubt about artificial energy.

No one with an actual energy allergy would last a day anywhere in the modern world. It would be an electrosensitive holocaust. They’d vanish in a poof of oversensitive smoke, moths flying into a bonfire.

There is a closely related fear of EMF causing cancer, especially brain cancer. This isn’t as obviously irrational, but also extremely overblown — epidemiological data clearly shows that the risk is either nil or less than other risks we accept without drama.

Electrosensitivity is an alleged energy allergy — a painful, enervating reaction to electromagnetic fields and radiation. It is the basis for paranoia particularly about the health effects of Wi-Fi networks, power lines, and cell phones — fears that top the charts of human irrationality.

Many EMS believers emphatically assert that sources of radiation cause them immediate, acute discomfort — and there’s little doubt that they are suffering, but it is either an unrelated medical condition and/or psychosomatic.1 There are many alternative explanations for their experiences. Nocebo — suffering from belief, and the opposite of a placebo — is a surprisingy potent phenomenon. And it’s also probably possible for pain to be a learned response to specific stimuli.3

Of course, there are also many people who believe in electrosensitivity without suffering serious symptoms. They worry about it, and use it a scapegoat for a wide range of health problems without, but it’s not at the epicentre of disabling chronic illness.

Electrosensitivity has been thoroughly debunked, but most effectively by a group of electrosensitives who claimed to be tortured by a radio tower… that had been switched off for six weeks.”
Note the nocebo effect mentioned.

So as the Wiki says, EHS or Electromagnetic Hypersensitivity "has no scientific basis and is not a recognised medical diagnosis."

But humans are not always rational and it seems there are no shortage of science deniers these days. By the way many of the modern "EHS" "treatments" are akin to snake oil so buyer beware, if it seems dodgy and lacks proof it probably is dodgy.

What science has to say: Mainstream science has largely dismissed EHS as a probable psychosomatic illness, thanks to a lack of definitive evidence linking it to electromagnetic fields.

a reply to: billxam
TOMFROMOZ didn't mention EMPs, though one of the other posters mentioned it. To me that's a different topic.

edit on 2023219 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Non-catastrophic EM fields are most concerning in the realm of cohort and individual surveillance.

See
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

And

patents.google.com...

Anything less than military-grade shielding and you can read someone’s keystrokes and computer screen through about 100 meters of variegated interior of a building made mostly of concrete. The chance of being the subject of such surveillance is vanishingly small unless you work in a field such as nuclear engineering, or in a sensitive political or military position.

The above linked studies and patents (combined with mRNA platforms and patches (boosters) are the biggest risk to the average person.

posted on Feb, 19 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnTitorSociety
How do you define "Non-catastrophic EM fields"? I tried searching that and didn't come up with a clear definition.

Your links are interesting, but I'm not sure they support what you said.

I do agree with you that most of us are not going to be targets of the spying you mentioned, but there are exceptions.

edit on 2023219 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

top topics

<<   2 >>

join