It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CO. Recommended.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Decided to make my way to the motherland after my ft. Davis/Mcdonald observatory trip. Vacation squared.

I'll be hopping about CO. for the next few days.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated.

..was here six yes ago. Trinidad/pueblo/Salida/golden/denver/Leadville and Brek were visited last time.

Colorado Springs was unacessable..is it worth it or overated?

Plan on visiting Golden again for the brewery for sure. And yes, I'm using recreationally while here.

Looking forward to checking back in a few hrs.

Currently in pueblo..checkouts @11.

TIA ATS

edit on 2-8-2022 by emp89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Just got back from a jaunt to Walden for fishing an hiking, then on down through the Rocky Mountain National Park, a must see, as well as the Garden of the Gods near C'Springs.

Theres been some flooding in the narrow passes but nothing too bad!

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: emp89

I really like Estes Park, right outside of RMNP.

I would check out Garden of the Gods too but not CO Springs directly.

Also Grand Lake is super nice!

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: emp89
Decided to make my way to the motherland after my ft. Davis/Mcdonald observatory trip. Vacation squared.

I'll be hopping about CO. for the next few days.

Any and all recommendations are appreciated.

..was here six yes ago. Trinidad/pueblo/Salida/golden/denver/Leadville and Brek were visited last time.

Colorado Springs was unacessable..is it worth it or overated?

Plan on visiting Golden again for the brewery for sure. And yes, I'm using recreationally while here.

Looking forward to checking back in a few hrs.

Currently in pueblo..checkouts @11.

TIA ATS

I lived there for 15 years. I know it well. What do you like to do?

posted on Aug, 2 2022 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I personally did not like Garden of the Gods and I have been there often. Far too much traffic in the summer, crap loads of people and you are not out in the middle of nowhere. In fact, many neighborhoods back up to it and you can see them while walking around.

I love Estes Park. LOVE IT. The downtown area is super cool.
But, it too can be super busy.

Take note, that when I left in January, you still had to make reservations to get into any parks. You do this online.

The AF Academy is super cool....as is Manitou Springs. But do NOT go to the cave dwellings there as it is a major expensive tourist trap. It sucked.
Red Rocks is amazing. You can walk around on trails there or walk up and down the amphitheater there.

Denver is now a #hole, so I never recommend it. The homeless camps and crime has skyrocketed.
If you are in to exercise, there are 2 places you should try. The incline steps at Manitou and the mini incline Steps in Castle Rock - where I had lived.

Colorado Springs is a dumb....and no, Cheyenne Mountain is a shell now - all operations moved. So not even worth scouring that area. lol

Also, stay out of Aurora, even to eat. It has the highest concentration of gangs per capita then the entire country.

My most favorite thing to do, although it scares the # of me, is drive up Mt. Evans. Amazing views from bottom to top.

If I think of something else, I will add to it.

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 12:09 AM
link   
You're pretty close to Bishops Castle.
www.bishopcastle.org...

Beyond that it depends on your timing . Valley View hot springs are nice to relax in. It's lithium based springs within natural settings and pools. There is one larger swimming pool but most of the spots are very natural in appearance. It's also a clothing optional place. May cost a bit too get the reservation but I think the place is worth checking out.
www.olt.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2022 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: emp89

Colorado native here. For a trip up to the mountains I agree with the poster above that recommended Mt. Evans. Highest paved road in North America. not for the faint of heart, You have drops on each side of thousands of feet in some places.

If you go past Estes Park you can take the tour on the highway over the Continental Divide. Another heart-stopper. Breath-taking views. Those roads are only open a limited amount of days each year.

Downtown Denver, the History Colorado Center.

In City Park you have the Denver Zoo and the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.

Along with Gates Planetarium.

If you want a real out of the way treasure. Visit Gunnison. And drive a half hour to Crested Butte. Used to live there. A half hour drive from there is an even further out of the way beautiful destination called Gothic. Some of my best hiking and camping was up there.

Oh, if you visit Boulder you can visit NCAR. Great hiking near the city and you can also usually get a tour of the building and see the supercomputer.

Well just a few ideas off the top of my head. For shopping best place is Cherry Creek.

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just revisited this thread.
Currently sitting outside here @GCB *Golden City Brewing.
Looking to stay here in Golden.
Found a laquinta..for bout a buck-50.
Kinda really want to have a more unique stay for a somewhat economical price..
don't mind splurging a bit for the good stuff tho..lol
Will be replying individually after a libation(few) and Lil food in me.

Looking forward to replies.

TIA ATS

Pet friendly room..5lb small dog.

edit on 4-8-2022 by emp89 because: Room requirment.

edit on 4-8-2022 by emp89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Drink double IPAs/ ingest cannabis*all forms*/FOOD. All three co-mingled preferably. a reply to: shaemac

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Super computer sounds intriguing!!
I love replies like yours.
Very detailed.
It's obvious thought was put into this response.

a reply to: randomuser

posted on Aug, 4 2022 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: emp89
Super computer sounds intriguing!!
I love replies like yours.
Very detailed.
It's obvious thought was put into this response.

I hope you keep enjoying your trip. I looked up NCAR and noticed that they said they are still closed to the public becuase of COVID-19, unfortunately. Bummer.

NCAR Closed to Public

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Looiing up lithium hot springs..
Cool stuff
Degree of attachment differentials of H20 are very rarely discussed..
..however are essential for "health"

..it's not like we're made of water or anything..

*Laughs in disgust*reply to: starshift

posted on Aug, 5 2022 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hashtag sad face.

Single tear.

top topics

join