It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boris Johnson To Face Confidence Vote Today

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:44 AM
link   

This should be interesting, personally after his party antics surrounding lockdown and the lies he told regarding such, i think he should be out on his arse.

news.sky.com...
www.independent.co.uk...
edit on 6-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Who do you think takes over if he gets ousted?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Got this on standby if he gets the boot.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Of course he should be 'out on his arse' - he should never been in such an elevated office in the first place - but what are the alternatives?
I don't have the slightest bit of regard for any leading lights in The Conservative Party.
Boris is a buffoon, an entitled buffoon, whose background has shaped and defined him. I think he genuinely believes he's doing what is right and best for the country...but his reality bares no resemblance whatsoever with the real lives of most of us.
He is very much an Establishment figure.

But the sad fact is that many of those who would be most likely to replace him are very sinister and nasty people. They appear to have very little compassion or empathy towards ordinary, everyday people and certainly don't have their best interests at heart.

Given current circumstances as much as I dislike Boris I'm not too sure now is the right time to be having a new Prime Minister.
New PM's like to put their own stamp on things pretty sharpish....I dread to think what Liz Truss would do in her attempts to out-Thatcher Thatcher?
Some times it is better the devil you know......

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I see the pro/Boris people are bringing in the Brexit frightener. IE. They are saying if you vote for Boris,s removal you are for rolling back Brexit and joining the EU again. In other words they are saying if you voted for Brexit you will vote against yourself if you vote Boris out. So if your still for Brexit you have to vote Boris staying in.
Sneaky subtle mind games.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

That's the thing AugustusMasonicus the replacements will most lightly be worse or of the same to similar caliber.

He will probably get the votes required to hang on but apparently, it's not quite as cut and dry as all that.
edit on 6-6-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Aye, there's the rub.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Who would replace him all the same, Hunt, Sunak, or Javid?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: alldaylong

Who would replace him all the same, Hunt, Sunak, or Javid?

Next question.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

That's the thing AugustusMasonicus the replacements will most lightly be worse of the same to similar caliber.

He will probably get the votes required to hang on but apparently it's not quite as cut and dry as all that.

Head over to JJ Fox Cigars in London, downstairs they have Winston Churchill's chair. That piece of furniture might be your best option.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Wonder where they will keep Boris Johnson's fridge 77 odd years from now?

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Wonder where they will keep Boris Johnson's fridge 77 odd years from now?

It will be put into cold storage.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a probably: Freeborn

Timing is precious eh?

Which is probably another factor that will save his arse for the time being.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Of course he should be 'out on his arse' - he should never been in such an elevated office in the first place - but what are the alternatives?
I don't have the slightest bit of regard for any leading lights in The Conservative Party.
Boris is a buffoon, an entitled buffoon, whose background has shaped and defined him. I think he genuinely believes he's doing what is right and best for the country...but his reality bares no resemblance whatsoever with the real lives of most of us.
He is very much an Establishment figure.

But the sad fact is that many of those who would be most likely to replace him are very sinister and nasty people. They appear to have very little compassion or empathy towards ordinary, everyday people and certainly don't have their best interests at heart.

Given current circumstances as much as I dislike Boris I'm not too sure now is the right time to be having a new Prime Minister.
New PM's like to put their own stamp on things pretty sharpish....I dread to think what Liz Truss would do in her attempts to out-Thatcher Thatcher?
Some times it is better the devil you know......

You said what I was thinking but more eloquently.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You know I HAVE to say this WE have had worse prime ministers.

Cameron.

May.

He is a bit of a clown and too far right for me but overall I don't really think he is an utterly evil guy but rather he just put's his foot in it a lot and mostly his heart is in the right place even if his politics don't suit me.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Since both Labour and the Conservatives are happy to do absolutely nothing to tackle the unsustainably high levels of immigration, I don't give two sh!ts what happens today.

I've got no confidence in the political system.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
If Boris goes I doubt Sunak will get the job after his financial dealings came to light recently.
I'm thinking it will be between Nadhim Zahawi and Ben Wallace.

I wouldn't support anyone from the tories,but out of those two I think Wallace would be preferable to Zahawi,who I find to be on the sinister side.

Anyway I predict Boris will stay as PM-quite possibly only by one or two votes which will ensure Labour will continue whining about Boris and continue to provide zero effective alternative governance as usual.

Bunch of goons.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   

There's good odds on Keir Starmer last I checked lol

If he loses my guess would be Hunt, seems to have the least recent baggage of the high profilers. Someone who can put on a good show of plugging holes and kicking cans, Sunak and Javid have been # shows in their respective offices.

I mean there's a level of pragmatism that's going to be needed to keep Britain afloat for the next few years anyways, I doubt the Tories will make it to the next election cycle (2025) if I'm honest.

Is it just me or is the west in general planning on charging inflation at current prices then planning on rising wages etc in the future as in next year? It's not going to work...
edit on 6-6-2022 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
Since both Labour and the Conservatives are happy to do absolutely nothing to tackle the unsustainably high levels of immigration, I don't give two sh!ts what happens today.

I've got no confidence in the political system.

Not there own problem they are peas in a pod and all my arse if you will forgive my French.

They are both only out for themselves and on the rare occasion either party gets some REAL politicians and care about the people of this nation they end up on the back benches or worse.

Immigration is an issue we all feel strongly about and the Tory's have all but betrayed us on that with there Rwanda plan just being a publicity stunt to deflect from the fact that instead of investing in our own youth to fill skilled Job vacancy's Johnsons government instead went to India to invite THERE skilled workers to come over here.

posted on Jun, 6 2022 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Absolutely. Well put.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join