It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snake Bites and Meteorites.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 09:48 AM
link   
"So there we were." When he started off like that I knew it was going to be entertaining. The Ho Bo Woods..Used to be a vast area of rubber farms and 'two step' infested woods..Not to mention VC. Now its just another occupied war zone. A lot of tunnels still left. 0030..twelve hours before my next guard shift, needed to air my head, a drive and a smoke should help. Hop in a jeep and crawl toward the treeline. "Wait dad, what did you do in the Army again?" "My MOS was 11 BRAVO son, that means I was infantry, and I worked on tanks." "oh, yea." So I get out of the jeep and walk into the brush a little ways, and fire up a lucky. Im not too worried about the cherry on my smoke, this areas been clear for a while. So Im just listening, trying to make everything 'white' in my head, that's supposed to be the first part of zen meditation, anyway, its a humid (as usual) night, full moon...can hear monkeys talking, not the biggest fan of all the monkeys here..I hear something above the forest..air being disturbed..by wings?

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I'm riddled... What did I just read? How does the title go with the story ?

It's a riddle? Right?
it has to be a riddle?

posted on Nov, 4 2021 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This jungle, triple canopy they call it. Whats big enough to make that kind of noise up that high? It sounded like a two hundred pound turkey coming down from roost.I unsnapped the holster on my 1911, and I hear "don't shoot." Then I see the outline of a boonie hat and a green face materialize out of the undergrowth in front of me."Strange birds landing here lately." "What was that?" I asked the scout. "Can I get a lift?" is all he said. "What was it dad?" He just looked at me sort of blank and scratched his nose with his index finger..strange bird indeed. a reply to: didntasktobeborned

join