It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivermectin & Aducanumab: Do They Work?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 11:32 AM
link   
This video is a great discussion on the subject or any other drug along the same lines. Its about 45 mins long so days long by today's Tik Tok standards, but contains a lot of information across a good range of areas on this topic.

Some main points...

The talk about the studies already done and how limited they are in suggesting one way or another. They go into detail what a study really needs and what these ones so far are seriously lacking. I found this area quite fascinating as many on ATS tend to use studies as their undeniable proof when the reality typically is the studies are so flawed that they really do not help. These studies are not registered for one thing and what that means is it is put up front for peer review as they list everything they are going to do in the studies and what outcome they are looking for. Without registering it they can just let it go away if it doesn't work and no one would know, they can also keep moving the goal post until it fit some kind of narrative they like. They did say that right now there are actually 5 studies ongoing that will tell us one way or anther what these drugs can do or not do, so in the near future we will have some pretty good data.

Being doctors they talked about the "big burn" they constantly get in the "looks promising" comments that seem to constantly be used and the reality is the chances that a drug actually helps us is so small it is almost like winning the lottery each time we do find a drug that does XYZ for us. What this means also is that when some doctors say hey I got this cocktail of drugs and it helps the chances are so damn low that no it really doesn't help much past what our own nature immune system is already doing. This is why serious studies are extremely important to answer these questions. This is about the first 25 mins of the video so even watching 10 mins is worth it.

So after 25 mins they talk about Aducanumab which is a possible drug for Alzheimer's.

They talk about how the FDA changed their standards to allow this drug that isn't really showing good result at a cost 56k per year x 6 million people with Alzheimer's and how they would bankrupt the Medicare system while really not doing much. If you are into the evil Big Pharm you will agree with their discussion on this.

They talk about YouTube that sensors Ivermectin videos but will most likely run adds for this other really crappy drug, so the system sucks.

edit on 25-8-2021 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Without watching the video I would have to say from reading lots of research on the subject is that for a lot of people Ivermectin does work but for some people it is dangerous. I have not seen anything yet on how to determine if you will be negatively effected by ivermectin. So I would hope that they get it approved so a doctor who is trained to use it can prescribe it. If they can have information on identifying risk groups properly, it sure would help out.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I wish we knew the truth about anything.
So many people pushing the vaccines and dissing ivermectin.

But the vaunted vaccines don't prevent a person from contracting COVID or spreading it... so their arguments don't mean much to me.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Had both my neurosurgeon's recommend imvermectin.

Read into that what you like, obviously not a virologist, but also not ignorant on meds.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

FWIW I got an Ivermectin prescription just by filling out a questionnaire and paying a consultation fee at PushHealth. It was even covered by my insurance. I've been on it for 3 weeks now with no issues at all .

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Without watching the video I would have to say from reading lots of research on the subject is that for a lot of people Ivermectin does work but for some people it is dangerous. I have not seen anything yet on how to determine if you will be negatively effected by ivermectin. So I would hope that they get it approved so a doctor who is trained to use it can prescribe it. If they can have information on identifying risk groups properly, it sure would help out.

They did talk a little about how it is estimated that 100k people died in the beginning by being "treated" with a huge number of drugs that hurt more than help. Just playing around with the dose is critical in whether a drug does nothing, does good or does harm, and they talk about how extreme the dosages have been. In some studies what they used lets say in a petri dish that may have killed the virus was a level that would also kill the person, as example.

I say give the video 10 mins and you will most likely watch most of it.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I wish we knew the truth about anything.
So many people pushing the vaccines and dissing ivermectin.

But the vaunted vaccines don't prevent a person from contracting COVID or spreading it... so their arguments don't mean much to me.

The problem is what we know about what the vaccines does good or bad we know a hell of a lot less with something like ivermectin, but people will grab anything they can suggesting ivermectin works. The reality is there really isn't that prefect drug, the two doctors asked each other can they think of any and they came up with one that was close and said they might find a couple more if they looked, but it is like finding the Holy Grail. A drug used for certain worm infections to be also some magical cure for COVID too just doesn't happen and the one big problem they saw was the results were so inflated that it is another area that just doesn't happen. Now this drug is not super safe with little or no reactions, but then you add all kinds of different doses and then mix it in with other drugs we do not know if they actually work or not into a cocktail and people are like wow what a great idea!!!

LOL

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Had both my neurosurgeon's recommend imvermectin.

Read into that what you like, obviously not a virologist, but also not ignorant on meds.

You have 2???

Recommended for what? If they are saying for COVID that is crazy for a doctor to tell their patient at this stage to do it. Then you go to horse supply store and buy it then someone on ATS tells you to use xxx mgs as the dose...

Do you not see anything wrong there in many different directions? Geez

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

FWIW I got an Ivermectin prescription just by filling out a questionnaire and paying a consultation fee at PushHealth. It was even covered by my insurance. I've been on it for 3 weeks now with no issues at all .

Most likely worm free too...lol

So how much do you take? Is it too much or too little? What goal are you trying to reach here? You taking it for the rest of your life? I guess you will be the one long term study on that...

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

How long will you be taking your booster shots?

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:35 PM
link   

How long will you be taking your booster shots?

I didn't know I started the OP about mRNA...lol To answer your question, most likely never as I am not high risk and so we would need to see a variant that was really bad. How long does one take a deworming drug before it F's them up? Also what dose is OK to take for a long time?

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:44 PM
link   

we know a hell of a lot less with something like ivermectin

Why would we know less about ivermectin?
It was discovered in 1975 and has been used medically since 1981.
That is a tad longer than the mRNA vaccines track record.
Ivermectin

Oops.
I forgot... LOL.
edit on b000000312021-08-25T13:45:41-05:0001America/ChicagoWed, 25 Aug 2021 13:45:41 -0500100000021 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Without watching the video I would have to say from reading lots of research on the subject is that for a lot of people Ivermectin does work but for some people it is dangerous. I have not seen anything yet on how to determine if you will be negatively effected by ivermectin.

Crap-crud. Ivermectins long term (50+ years) safety track record is undeniable. Yes, there is a tiny subset of people that may have issues, but the vast, vast majority do fine with it - not to mention that the doses needed to treat CV19 are tiny, and so cheap as to be free.

So I would hope that they get it approved so a doctor who is trained to use it can prescribe it. If they can have information on identifying risk groups properly, it sure would help out.

Go see the FLCC, they have refined their protocol since this madness started, and they rarely even have anyone needing to be admitted to the hospital, let alone lose anyone that follows the program. They also have a Long Covid protocol.

It works. Amazingly well. It works so well that those who fought and continue to fight it's use are guilty of criminal mass murder.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I guess you will be the one long term study on that...

I'm not the one long term study on anything. The stuff's been in use for decades and when used correctly it has as solid a safety record as anything (which puts it head and shoulders above the jab). We've had a small outbreak of covid among our circle of friends/family so this is just a precaution.

If things heat up and cases start to skyrocket, I guess we will be on it longer (or at least until the last of the vaxxed drop, taking their nasty variants with them).

lol

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

The problem is what we know about what the vaccines does good or bad we know a hell of a lot less with something like ivermectin, but people will grab anything they can suggesting ivermectin works.

LOL

Sorry?
Do you know how long we have been using Ivermectin as a medicine?
Do you know how long we have had Covid shots
Do you know how silly your comment is?

Ivermectin has been in use for 50 odd years, covid vaccine, less than 2

LOL
edit on 25-8-2021 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Some studies indicate that covid-19 may enter the blood stream through membranes in the nasal passages so using baby shampoo as nasal rinse might be enough to stop covid-19 in its tracts. Mind you, that would loose big pharma billions in profits.

Israel is testing a new drug called EXO-CD24 that looks far more promising than Ivermectin in treating the hospilized from cytokine storm caused by over reaction of immune system to covid-19.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here is what i can tell you for fact about Ivermectin. In Baldwin County, AL my dad has a friend who had COVID and was in the ER. He was given 48 hours to live. His wife wanted the ER to try Ivermectin because why not at this point. The ER refused so the wife took him out of the ER and drove to Florida and found a hospital willing to use Ivermectin. Three days later her husband walked out of the ER fine. No issues since and this happened about two months ago.

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

They said as a therapeutic its effective once you have covid and if you are early stage.

Also no obviously they were talking about through a perscription.

And yes I have 2 my flight doctor is a practicing neurosurgeon, and I have a civilian one as well, joys of being a full time reservist, you can be advised by the flight doc but must see a civilian one to get treatment.

edit on 25-8-2021 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2021 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Oops.
I forgot... LOL.

We know how it works for de-worming and what dose, time etc. We don't know anything really about for COVID suppression, and that is my point. Are you over under dosing, are you using it way past a point you should etc.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join