It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Always Die In "Threes"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
No love for Arlene Martel? She just passed yesterday, I believe. SHE WAS T'PRING! Where my trekkies at?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
:
edit on 8/13/2014 by MissSmartypants because: oops

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Harold Ramus (dude from ghostbusters)
Robin Williams
Mickey Rooney

3 comedians dead of 2014 (actually, there are a bunch, to include Fred from Drop Dead Fred, Philip Seymore Hoffman, etc).

It doesn't come in 3s...not even sure why people say that. it comes in dozens and dozens.

here ya go:
Famous Deaths
edit on 13-8-2014 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I've often wondered where that saying came from. Growing up, I heard it a lot. When a family member would die, it was always "who's next". Maybe my family was freakishly morbid or something, but it (death) did always seem to come in threes. I don't follow celebrities much, so I don't know how applicable that saying is, but I guess it's as true for the famous as it is for us regular joes.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What's the rule, as far as time is concerned, for being part of a threesome, a week, a month or longer?

I see James Gardner and Johnny Winter within a month of Williams and Bacall at the site SaturnFX posted.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

I could see nascar drivers being included in this but Kevin ward is not a nascar driver he raced sprint cars which isnt in light to much unless its world of outlaw sprint cars.
So me personally wouldn't consider kevin the third.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus

I could see nascar drivers being included in this but Kevin ward is not a nascar driver he raced sprint cars which isnt in light to much unless its world of outlaw sprint cars.
So me personally wouldn't consider kevin the third.
In my opening post I said Sprint Car driver Kevin Ward. As a long time racing fan I can tell you Sprint car racing is just one of Nascar's many divisions through which aspiring young drivers go to learn their craft....with the Sprint car division being the pinacle. Dale Earnhardt is a Sprint car driver....they are the best of the best.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
What's the rule, as far as time is concerned, for being part of a threesome, a week, a month or longer?

I see James Gardner and Johnny Winter within a month of Williams and Bacall at the site SaturnFX posted.
Three weeks , of course. Three in three. Has a ring to it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer
I thought the thord would be Edith Flagg, the fashion desigmer who brought polyester to america?

edith flagg

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I think the conclusion we can take from this is that people die.

How else do you say it to make it sink in?

Welcome to Humanity.

Oh gee, some people some knew of died, they were slightly global.

People die every day and we don't make threads about them.

Maybe we should?

I disagree with the OPs premise. It's flawed, culturally-bound, and an insult to humanity...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
No , I got what your saying it just I have never heard anybody refer to sprint car racing as nascar, but the pinnacle series is the nascar sprintcup (which soon may be the t-mobile cup) and yes im long time fan and I also used to race in the lower divisions at the local level, Ive never called myself a nascar driver, I was a bomber car racer as that was my division.
Anyway sorry for upsetting you if I did, just misread one of your posts and it wasn't the opening post I was replying to.

Peace.

P.s. love your avatar btw.

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo3Foxtrot

Oh wow...I didn't hear about that. What was the cause of death?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Well, I turn 31 this year. I don't know how young that is, I guess in some cultures, you don't really become a true adult member of the community until your 40s, so yeah, from the world's perspective, I am youngish, but I was born older than my age, so I don't feel very young, never have really.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Kevin Ward, Robin WIlliams, Lauren Bacall. Yep... that's the three. After the first two people died, I wondered who the third would be and the next day it was Lauren Bacall. Anyone famous or infamous counts for these. I absolutely count Kevin Ward as part of 'the three'.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I think perhaps that in the near future we may hear of Doris Day who is 90; or Betty White who is 92 passing away.

So many are leaving this realm and entering another; in my way of thinking they still live on...but in another level of existence.

Many have left behind such a wonderful legacy...for all the rest of us that are still here to enjoy...they live on.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

There are even female drivers:

www.zimbio.com...

Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield?

edit on 15-8-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cauliflower

There are even female drivers:

www.zimbio.com...

Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield?

I am a huge Danica Patrick fan and all things Stewart Haas.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
No they dont..... Thats excluding celebrities from other countries just so you can get three.

I did however have three people on my street die in the last several years i lived there.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I would definitely place this in the category of coincidence.

Ever bought a car, new jacket or whatever and then realized that you start to see that car or jacket everywhere?

We have to be careful to make the distinction between real signs and those we're looking for.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This "die in 3's" thing is such garbage.

What are the qualifiers?

Just how famous do they have to be?

What is the time frame? Is it a week, a month, a year? If the time frame say, 1 year, what happens if a fourth dies in that time? What if the third dies on the day after that year ends? what if it's 2 days or a wee?

It's an invented myth that cannot possibly hold water, and people blindy follow it despite there being no tangible rules for the occurances to comply with it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join