It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airdrie, Alberta Mass Suicide Conspiracy and Cover-Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I lived an hour outside Calgary, Alberta from 1995 to 1999, and in early '99 there were a rash of suicides in Airdrie, Alberta. All the victims were teenagers and all were found with connections to a Goo Goo Dolls song called Iris. I believe they were either listening to the song when they did it, or had all the lyrics written down with them. Now, this was a long time ago, but if I'm not mistaken, it was somewhere around 14 suicides all relating to this strange song connection. The Calgary Herald and Calgary Sun both reported on this, and speculated that a cult was at work in Airdrie. The story vanished in late '99, and there has never been mention of it again, as far as I've seen.

I have scoured the internet looking for this story, and it has been scrubbed as far as I can tell. There is not a single website carrying this story, no mention of it in countless searches using different terms. There was one forum post, some oddball forum I had never seen, and it was someone saying that there was mind control going on in Airdrie and alot of the population there was involved. The person had no replies to their thread.

If any of the internet sleuth's that visit this site would like a challenge, please help me find info on this story, as I am at my wits end trying to research it. The entire story reeks of a psyop, and the fact that there is literally no information on it anywhere further goes to push the psyop angle.

Also if there is anyone i who remembers this happening, please comment. Maybe someone still has the newpaper articles? Thanks.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Never heard of this one. Where is Airdrie? I've researched a school shooting in Taber, Alberta, is that anywhere close? Normally when you get a lot of young suicide victims you can assume involvement by some kind of satanic cult.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Airdrie is north of Calgary, but not overly far from Taber, which is SW of Calgary. Its completely insane that this story has been 'scrubbed' as it were, pretty rare not to be able to find out info on something like this online. I sure hope somebody still has those newspaper articles.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ok I finally found a link for this, although it is not a news story, just a school principal stating his feelings on what happened, but its a start.

www.akcs.com...

[edit on 1-10-2007 by truthseekin]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
And some more, altavista is finding what google and others could not.

www.crha-health.ab.ca...

I will find the full story eventually.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:08 PM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

Here is a kind of 'cover story' from late '99. It says "Crisis counsellors in Airdrie say the entire town is better equipped to prevent a suicide today, than it was a year ago.

It's been about that long since four teenagers in the town committed suicide, in separate incidents. Three of them were from the same high school. "

This article only mentions the first four, there is no mention of the others, the goo goo dolls song connection, or the so called 'cult' that had made all these kids kill themselves.

Is there anybody else that remembers this story?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I don't know if this will help but that song was in the movie "City of Angels" with Nick Cage And Meg Ryan,

It was about an angel who fell in love with a mortal.

The angel gave up his position to return to being a mortal.

If I remember correctly, he (Nick the angel), was told he could never return to being a mortal, but his overwhelming love for the Ryan character eventually enabled him to do this.

Ironicly, soon after becoming mortal, Ryan's character was killed in an accident..

It may have to do with this,

it may not,

but thought I would let you decide if it fits in to the reasoning.

BTW, the angel character's mission was to guide the spirits of the dying to heaven once they breathed their last.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Lyrics for the song...This is one of my fav bands and songs..just highly misinterpreted I believe...
And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
'Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
And you bleed just to know you're alive

(break and solo)

Video...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekin
And some more, altavista is finding what google and others could not.

www.crha-health.ab.ca...

I will find the full story eventually.

Maybe you should hit the library or even the Herald or Sun for newspaper archives.
The internet wasn't much of a news source in the 90's, at least not like it is today.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
I don't know if this will help but that song was in the movie "City of Angels" with Nick Cage And Meg Ryan,

It was about an angel who fell in love with a mortal.

The angel gave up his position to return to being a mortal.

If I remember correctly, he (Nick the angel), was told he could never return to being a mortal, but his overwhelming love for the Ryan character eventually enabled him to do this.

Ironicly, soon after becoming mortal, Ryan's character was killed in an accident..

It may have to do with this,

it may not,

but thought I would let you decide if it fits in to the reasoning.

BTW, the angel character's mission was to guide the spirits of the dying to heaven once they breathed their last.

Yes actually the newspapers covered this angle as the song was extremely popular that year because of the movie. I remember there were quite a few news stories that touched on the movie/song angle. Mostly though the stories pointed to the song, and I recall the Goo Goo Dolls even releasing a statement giving their respects to the families, they said they were horrified their song was used in such a way.

It's very odd how this story just kind of went away, after so many reports in the media of cult activity using that song somehow to make these kids kill themselves.

Quoting Umbrax: "Maybe you should hit the library or even the Herald or Sun for newspaper archives.
The internet wasn't much of a news source in the 90's, at least not like it is today."

Good idea, I think the next time I'm in Calgary I'll do just that. Now you've got me thinking to check out some libraries in nearby cities to where I live
too, perhaps it'll be in some of their archives.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I've lived in calgary for the past 10 years, now (give or take) after having moved away for about 4. now I dont recall hearing about this, but back in '99, i was only 12 or 13, so that's not too surprising. I do remember how huge the song was, though... my interest has been piqued. if/when I have a chance, I'll dig into this as well, and also ask a friend of mine about this the next time I see her; she used to live in airdrie, so maybe she'll remember better than me.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick Nightstalker
I've lived in calgary for the past 10 years, now (give or take) after having moved away for about 4. now I dont recall hearing about this, but back in '99, i was only 12 or 13,

I was 20 in '99 and I don't recall anything either. Neither does my wife,

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
As soon as Canada.com's Ottawa Citizen's archives start up again (they are down at the moment) I should have this story for everyone, as they have all the way back to 1997 archived, online and veiwable.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Good work..Waiting for your new info...
AD

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ok here is another mention of what happened in Airdrie, and this article also draws attention to the suicide rate among Native Canadians, which is ridiculously high.

www.mail-archive.com...@mlists.net/msg00510.html

[edit on 2-10-2007 by truthseekin]

Sorry the link won't work for some reason, here is the address if you want to type it in and read it:

mail-archive.com/[email protected]/msg00510.html

And here is some cut and paste:

"Sun, 28 Feb 1999 09:58:20 -0500

And now:Ish writes:

X-Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 08:30:37 -0500
Subject: Morley Stoney Reserve: diary of suicides
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

February 28, 1999 Diary of despair
Band councillor kept record of suicides
By PETER SMITH -- Calgary Sun

A heart-rending "death diary" lovingly kept by a Stoney band
councillor records 50 suicides on the Morley reserve in the past
eight years. Tina Fox's diary shows the suicide problem on the reserve, 70
km west of Calgary, is even worse than feared by provincial court Judge
John Reilly when he ordered a fatality inquiry to look into the problem.
Reilly was hearing a fatality inquiry in Cochrane on Friday into the
suicide of Sherman Labelle, 17, who hanged himself from a tree in his
grandfather's yard on May 21, 1998. Describing the suicide problem on the
reserve of 3,000 people as 10 times worse than the teen suicides which
recently struck Airdrie, Reilly stopped the inquiry. He ordered it
adjourned until June, when he wants it widened to take in all suicides in
hopes of finding a way to stop the deaths on the reserve. "

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Another mention,

www.ffwdweekly.com...

"The play that has inspired a new director to jump on board is ’Night Mother, by Marsha Norman. It’s a play that examines the difficult issue of suicide, and McLaughlin says she was led to choose the play after the media focused attention on a series of suicides in Airdrie."

I am POSITIVE there are people out there who know about this craziness, and I'm gonna find them. You know, until recently, I had assumed this issue in Airdrie had been long ago covered on sites like this, then one day I got curious as to what the end results of the investigations had found out about the so called "cult" and did a search here and on another conspiracy site, and was shocked to say the least that the story wasn't around.

Funny too, that Airdrie's own newspaper has no articles in their archive regarding the suicides, there is no mention of any rememberance ceremonies or anything.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I've done a little research and apparently suicide 'clusters' are not that uncommon, especially amongst young adults. Also, there is evidence that media reports on suicides only adds to the phenomenom, so its not uncommon to see few if any media reports.

Another line of research might be finding out what the schools in Airdrie were teaching the kids. Did the school district push something called "Death Education," which many feel has led to an increase in youth suicide?

What is Death Ed?

Sometime in 1990, ABC's "20/20" news program broadcast nationwide a segment titled "An Expose on Death Education." It mostly consisted of an interview with an ex-high school student and her experiences in an "American Literature" class.

She describes the class as making death glamorous and that it made her plan for her own suicide.

"The things that we learned in class taught us how to be brave enough to face death."

Assignments included writing suicide notes and writing their own obituary. They had suicide "talk" days, about how they would kill themselves and why. Tara says one girl in her class tried to kill herself four times in one week.

ps The school being profiled on the tv show was Colorado's infamous Columbine High School.

Speaking of which...

eagle forum.org
"One student told the Associated Press that shooter Eric Harris was asked to write out his will as part of a class assignment."

Some other examples:
-------------------------------------------

www-rohan.sdsu.edu...
Some of the schools programs can only be considered bizarre. One two-day event involving the entire school... is headlined by a skull and bones caricature and another cartoon of the Grim Reaper. The program, "Every 15 minutes," is described as:

" During the first day events the "Grim Reaper" calls students who have been selected from a cross-section of the entire student body out of class. One student is removed from class every 15 minutes. A police officer will immediately enter the classroom to read an obituary which has been written by the "dead" student's† parent(s) - explaining the circumstances of their classmate's demise and the contributions the student has made to the school and the community. A few minutes later, the student will return to class as the "living dead," complete with white face make-up, a coroner's tag, and a black "Every 15 Minutes" T-shirt. From that point on "victims" will not speak or interact with other students for the remainder of the school day. Simultaneously, uniformed officers will make mock death notifications to the parents of these children at their home, place of employment or business... During the most powerful program of the retreat, the students will be taken through an audio - visualization of their own death....On the following morning, a mock funeral service will be held at the High School.

----------------------

www.antidepressantsfacts.com...
Another OBE program, Death Education, further damaged children by forcing them to focus on their own mortality: One student related the following story: "We had an English course in seventh grade junior high whose title was 'Death Education.' In the manual, 73 out of 80 stories had to do with death, dying, killing, murder, suicide, and what you wanted on your tombstone. One of the girls, a ninth grader, blew her brains out after having written a note on her front door that said what she wanted on her tombstone."
A class of sixth graders were asked to play a "survival game" in which they were to decide which three people they should eliminate from the group, according to their age and contribution; in another class they were asked to write their own epitaphs or obituaries.

--------------------

www.newswithviews.com...
....Some years ago, THE WASHINGTON POST reported a dramatic increase in youth suicides, and the POST then published my letter showing how elementary school children recently had been taught the theme song from "M.A.S.H.," which is "Suicide Is Painless." The song explains that the game of life is lost, cheating is the only way to win, and that suicide is painless.

----------------------

"Manipulating Young Minds":
www.cchr.org/index.cfm/6963

"Through deceptive, behaviorist tactics like Values Clarification, psychological and psychiatric questionnaires, “self esteem” programs, and psychotropic (mind-altering) drugs, the minds of children are being manipulated to fulfill certain behavioral objectives. ..... This process, in part, involves breaking down and subtly invalidating the child’s already acquired values—in particular, his family’s values—and replacing them with the idea that there is no set right or wrong, only personal opinion. For the child, the result can be, minimally, confusion and disorientation. .... “These psychologically-based programs are harming children...it’s mind control from womb to tomb.” ..... "They come away with the impression that even the most basic values are matters of dispute.”

/

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by starviego

That's not only stupid curriculum, it's horrible!!!
Young adults in high school are already burdened down with masses of other young people, and relativism.(morally)
Why is our education so useless??? On purpose?
The bible tells us to think about GOOD things, not death.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
starviego - That last link you posted from cchr.org, i'd personally take anything they publish with a grain of salt. The Citizens Commission on Human Rights is a scientology front group, and the majority of stuff relating to "psych drugs" is incredibly biased.
We all know how the church of scientology loves psychiatrists and related drugs

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
So I've lived in Airdrie actually most of my life including in '99. The only thing I recollect from this is St. Martin de Porres high school receiving the nickname suicide high, after a series of teenagers committing suicide. I don't actually remember if this was sometime after '99 considering the school split off around Christmas of '99. I was only 9 years old at the time.

P.S.
I used the number 9 to many times in this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join