It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOUSE VOTES 320-91 TO BAN CHRISTIAN BELIEFS IN AMERICA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
FIRST Amendment violated, by very corrupt career parasite politicians who have fooled half the Country.

The First Amendment guarantees freedoms concerning religion, expression, assembly, and the right to petition. It forbids Congress from both promoting one religion over others and also restricting an individual’s religious practices. It guarantees freedom of expression by prohibiting Congress from restricting the press or the rights of individuals to speak freely. It also guarantees the right of citizens to assemble peaceably and to petition their government.

Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137 (1803), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court that established the principle of judicial review, meaning that American courts have the power to strike down laws and statutes they find to violate the Constitution of the United States. Decided in 1803, Marbury is regarded as the single most important decision in American constitutional law. It established that the U.S. Constitution is actual law, not just a statement of political principles and ideals. It also helped define the boundary between the constitutionally separate executive and judicial branches of the federal government.

Removed God, from Government, Schools and now working on removing Holy Father from your home, if you even had God there...

How much more Anti Christian and Anti American BS, are We the People, going to stand by and tolerate?!

"Be Careful What You Tolerate, You Are Teaching People How to Treat You”

We are tolerating WAY TOO F'n Much!!!

The left claims to be tolerant, all the while slandering and attacking those who believe different. That is NOT tolerance.

Ignorant sheeple letting themselves be blindly used, are fools and tools.

This has gone too far, I will not tolerate the Antichrist!

God have mercy, I will not.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

We tolerate a lot here in Dearborn. Muslim, Chaldean, Syrians, Gazans. Mosques, churches, temples.

The one thing across the board whether believer or not in whatever God...is we do...respect their differences....and not ours or their old....governments and religious beliefs should entwine with politics or in gov.

America was built on getting away from the King, never to mix politics with religious beliefs.

It's one of America's greatest differences...✌️
edit on 05244231America/ChicagoSun, 05 May 2024 08:37:42 -050037202400000042 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It's always fun to watch congress attempt more legislation because the previous legislation didn't succeed. Can't wait to watch civil unrest double in volume because leadership can't resist adding more trash to the dumpster fire because they can't quite figure out how to extinguish the flames.

edit on 5-5-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Can we get a source? Oh you’re talking about the antisemitism bill. Sorry i just woke up
edit on 5-5-2024 by Myhandle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

never let a crisis go to waste. Pass that bill....pass that bill! Afterall, it's for the children....

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Maybe take a deep breath count to 10… then post a source to what your actually so angry about.

I know Marjorie Taylor Greene (poster girl of the MAGA movement) was on one of her rants the other day saying she’s voting against it because the bill insinuates that saying the Jews killed Jesus may not be appropriate dinner conversation or some nonsense like that.

edit on 5-5-2024 by JadedGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This is what the poster is refering to. I'm not sure how this bans Christians from doing anything unless they want to ferment hate.

The House passed legislation Wednesday that would establish a broader definition of antisemitism for the Department of Education to enforce anti-discrimination laws, the latest response from lawmakers to a nationwide student protest movement over the Israel-Hamas war.

The proposal, which passed 320-91 with some bipartisan support, would codify the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance’s definition of antisemitism in Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, a federal anti-discrimination law that bars discrimination based on shared ancestry, ethnic characteristics or national origin. It now goes to the Senate where its fate is uncertain.

a reply to: JadedGhost

edit on 5-5-2024 by Disgusted123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Pretty amazing how quickly this administration got this through and will put tremendous pressure on schools to stop the protests against Israel. But, oddly, antifa continues to riot, destroy, burn and murder without consequence.

Gee, I wonder if they are afraid that these leftie protesters might turn against Joe due to his support of Israel.

With the democrats, it's always and only about votes.

And why the F don't I see big banners, planted by Republicans, saying "Biden supports Israel" at every one of these protests?

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   

wheres the vote, wheres the bill, all i see is a link for what the first says.

edit on 5-5-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 09:54 AM
link   

""HOUSE VOTES 320-91 TO BAN CHRISTIAN BELIEFS IN AMERICA""

What House Vote was this ??????? 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
For those looking for a source -

apnews.com...

www.nbcnews.com...

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju

Pretty amazing how quickly this administration got this through and will put tremendous pressure on schools to stop the protests against Israel. .....

The bill was sponsored by Reps. Mike Lawler (R-N.Y.), Josh Gottheimer (D-N.J.), Max Miller (R-Ohio) and Jared Moskowitz (D-Fla.). The 390 votes in favor included a lot of Republicans. Seems like it's about as bipartisan as you can get, these days.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Uhmm... quite a bit of word salad here.

Can you make a point? What is this post about? Or a link about the what they voted on?

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   

We are tolerating WAY TOO F'n Much!!!

We have actually reached the point where we're tolerating the intolerant. The psychopaths who are in charge have developed their playbook, and it's working. Their first strategy is to divide and conquer, which has worked amazingly well to their benefit. Their second strategy is the ol' 'frog in the pot'. They don't introduce their radical changes right away. They make slow, gradual changes so we won't see that we're being boiled alive. When people do actually question the rising temperature, the ruling psychos can just create a diversion. Maybe throw in a false flag or create an 'existential crisis'...

When they take away some more of our freedoms, it's always somehow 'for the greater good'. Always.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

it clearly states in the bill-
you cannot read from the new testamment versses like that-

you cannot ever say joos kllled jc.
that will be 'against the law' to say or think.

the internati0nalists who 0wn the world, want you only to think the way 'they' tell you to think or say.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Can you imagine if the anti-war activists wanted to outlaw Jewish texts talking about the return to the homeland?!

People have a right to voice their support of the war (aka genocide in Gaza).

The have a right to protest - hold signs - post.

They have a right to ask for funding.

I think what is happening in Gaza is evil but American citizens have rights and I would never try take them away.

The pro-Gaza war side has just tried to take away fundamental rights of Americans.

More people should be outraged..........

edit on 5-5-2024 by Daughter2v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It also states in the bill that you can never say Israel is committing genocide or that they are acting like Nazis.

I would like to know why?

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

The bill was sponsored by Reps. Mike Lawler (R-N.Y.), Josh Gottheimer (D-N.J.), Max Miller (R-Ohio) and Jared Moskowitz (D-Fla.). The 390 votes in favor included a lot of Republicans. Seems like it's about as bipartisan as you can get, these days.

Of course it was. I did not read the bill so I won't comment on it specifically, but I've said many times that the Republicans have no game or strategy and are to blame for the "progress" of the left. Their idea of a think tank is probably going out for a a few martinis with lunch.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2
My opinion exactly. And the scariest part is where you stated

which has worked amazingly well
Indeed it has and is.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2v2

First war is peace, then slavery becomes freedom.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join