It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leading Surgeon from Al-Shifa Hospital Dies in Israeli Custody

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zeyin

That's true, generally speaking, but the person died while in captivity by his captors. One very likely scenario it's that he wouldn't have died if he wasn't captured.

We can agree on that. We can also agree that maybe IDF let him die. The whole damn ME is one harsh place.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Zeyin

That's true, generally speaking, but the person died while in captivity by his captors. One very likely scenario it's that he wouldn't have died if he wasn't captured.

We can agree on that. We can also agree that maybe IDF let him die. The whole damn ME is one harsh place.

Not one tear shed.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCameaSpider

Not one tear shed.

I think people just want to hate Jews in general otherwise they would spend more of their effort on other wars and atrocities that make what is happening in Gaza seem like small stuff in comparison, but they don't. I could at least give them some respect for their beliefs if they did, but it is just a reason to hate the Jews mostly.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's a two way street from what I see, I remember when ATS mocked any signs of emotional posting

I love a good chat about war personally, the game that spawned the saying "war never changes" is quite popular these days and I've often agreed with that quote. How can it change when it's a human endeavour, there's no real difference between our ancestors and those kicking around today.

Well. Not until Amazon and the likes regulates what it is to be human with those brain chip thingymajiggys.

Already got mine... I can't be bothered with hate.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I think people just want to hate Jews in general

I don't think about Jews one way or another until I'm funding their wars and then pressured to keep my mouth shut about not liking it. Being told what to do or how to think gets my attention.

I don't oppose the butchery in Gaza because I'm a Jew hater. I oppose it because I'm not a #ing psychopath.

edit on 4-5-2024 by cherokeetroy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That doctors involvement and support of Hamas was verified already in news articles. Him being retained in custody would be expected, our country would do the same thing. I do not know how he died but I am sure that doctor knew stuff that the IDF was interested in finding out.

War is war, the doctor was aligned with Hamas. He may have been tortured but I have not seen official evidence to show he was.

Hamas tortured and killed lots of civilians they took into custody when they raided Israel, people who were not associated with the Israel military at all. I am not going to judge this doctors death. I do think what Hamas was doing to innocent civilians when they invaded Israel was not justifiable though.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: HopeForTheFuture

he is no angel .

why do you think he let fighters hide amongst his sick and dying patients?

he for sure knew about the tunnels.

he is the exact opposite of what you make him out to be

what difference is dying by a targeted strike/assignation or dropping another building on top of people, only he died.

good riddance.
edit on 4-5-2024 by DronesandUFOs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy

I think people just want to hate Jews in general

I don't think about Jews one way or another until I'm funding their wars and then pressured to keep my mouth shut about not liking it. Being told what to do or how to think gets my attention.

I don't oppose the butchery in Gaza because I'm a Jew hater. I oppose it because I'm not a #ing psychopath.

posted on May, 4 2024 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Disgusted123
When will people realize that this problem isn't going away?

Two religions that HATE each other is all it is.

And it's been going on for centuries. And it seems it will continue.

War is hell. Always has been, always will be. THAT'S WHY WE TRY TO AVOID IT AT ALL COSTS.

Except when we support it.

Except that.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I see it goes deeper otherwise you and others wouldn't be so one-sided and only focused on Israel. So, what do you want to happen? Israel to give up their lands and move someplace else? Or are you a river to the sea type of person? You seem to not know a single thing about history and jump into some narrative invented in the 20th century, not 1000s of years ago.

Israel offed a two state solution in the beginning and the other side turned it down. We also see that one foot to the West of the West Bank is Jordan, and that isn't Palestinian land too? How about 1 foot to the south of Gaza, not Palestinian land? Seems just Israel is...geez

We also have 20 years of Hamas rule, and just think if they didn't spend all that time hating Jews and actually work with them to make a partnership. Just think if they invested the billions into the people there and not Iran's weapons, just think what that place would be like today if they didn't spend all their time hating Jews and making sure the population there is educated into that hate.

But you know it is all Israel's fault...

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I'm not one sided. When the attack happened Oct. 7th I was very empathetic and expressed severe condemnation for what happened to the Israelies. If I appear to be one sided, now, it's because I've been verbally attacked multiple times by Israel supporters for nothing more than expressing a viewpoint. I am a strong 1st Amendment advocate. When my expression of speech is threatened, that's my red line. Politicians want to use the campus protests as an excuse to push federally regulated hate speech laws? I'm not ok with that. We're funding Israel billions of dollars when our own economy is tanking? I'm not ok with that. I see images of destitute women and children in tents getting bombed and blown to bits every day. I'm not ok with that. Should I be? Should I cheer it on like a raging lunatic? Would that appease Israel and it's supporters? I call out the Israeli government for being corrupt. Which it is. Corruption is a very boring topic, I know. Yet, it is at the root of every #ing problem we have in this world. People don't want to address it so the problems will never go away. There will never be any resolution or solutions for anything.

I get called names...Jew hater. Hamas lover. Terrorist sympathizer. Whore. I had no animosity toward Jewish people before this. I have friends living in Israel. But now I'm really starting to see this attitude of entitlement. Bullying behavior. I'm not going to be pushed around. By anybody.
edit on 5-5-2024 by cherokeetroy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   

When my expression of speech is threatened, that's my red line.

People disagreeing with you is a threat to your free speech?

Politicians want to use the campus protests as an excuse to push federally regulated hate speech laws? I'm not ok with that.

I'm not either, but I also see the unwarranted attacks on Jews in the US

We're funding Israel billions of dollars when our own economy is tanking? I'm not ok with that.

The US spends around 50 to 60 billion in foreign aid every year outside of Ukraine. Israel got about 5% or less in 2023 and in 2024 they are in like 15th place or higher, so it seems you do not even know the numbers to be upset about... Why?

I see images of destitute women and children in tents getting bombed and blown to bits every day. I'm not ok with that.

Why are they located at military targets? That is the question you should be asking. Hamas doesn't want them to leave, AND many are supporting Hamas and so they are there with the fighters. Dead kids are just great propaganda tools for Hamas, the more the merrier. You really need to learn what Hamas does to understand why civilians are dying. If IDF was targeting civilians there would be 100,000s dead by now.

You remember that flatbed with 70 women and children heading to a refugee camp? Hamas blew it up as a remember to others not to leave, and of course they added it to the total. Do you think Hamas bullets and bombs don't kill civilians too?

Should I cheer it on like a raging lunatic?

Maybe you should understand more as to what is going on and not just run with your one-sided propaganda.

I get called names...Jew hater.

My point all along is why do you only focus on Palestine and are very one-sided in that focus? You should be protesting Saudi for actually killing 400,000 civilians, or the Taliban for what they do to women, or Iran with the same, or Darfur for millions of civilians killed, or China for what they have been doing to millions of Uyghurs, or Russia as to the 100,000s they have been killing and not stopping.

Do you have posts like you do against Israel in any of those other areas since you are such a humanitarian?

edit on x31Sun, 05 May 2024 16:13:04 -05002024125America/ChicagoSun, 05 May 2024 16:13:04 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
On one side you have a nation that allows other ethnicities to be in the IDF, be politicians, be law enforcement, on the other you have a group that wants all jews forced out or dead, and launched a surprise attack that focused on random civilians.

Dont rationalize what is going on as soon as oct 7th happened the end result was going to be mass fatalities there was no other outcome possible.

Israel held back for decades, hamas gave them an excuse and now they are finding out.

I fully expect people to suddenly becoming allergic to life from the hamas leadership that hides abroad while siphoning off billions that flow into gaza leaving the people they "represent" in abject poverty.

Until one side joins the discussion saying the other side has a right to live zero progress will occur.

ETA: Hamas doesnt even know where the rest of the hostages are (my guess tortured to death),till they are returned alive or their remains are turned over I expect this to continue.
edit on 27Sun, 05 May 2024 15:27:44 -050027440303pmf by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   

People disagreeing with you is a threat to your free speech?

Slandering with labels such as "Jew hater" are virtue signaling and intentionally meant to stifle debate. I see you using it repeatedly. Even on me. Do you know for a fact I'm a Jew hater?

Censorship is an attack on free speech. There were multiple alarmist type threads comparing the campus protests to the Holocaust with claims we're entering into a second Holocaust. I wonder what hysterical hyperbole and alarmist, fear mongering gets us. Maybe more legislation?

it seems you do not even know the numbers to be upset about..

I'm upset because our economy is going to crash, probably soon. I'll wait for you to experience it. Then maybe you'll understand.

run with your one-sided propaganda.

Give me a break.

Do you have posts like you do against Israel in any of those other areas since you are such a humanitarian?

You have no idea what my "posting" history is or what my awareness is of what's going on in the world. So again, give me a break.

I also see the unwarranted attacks on Jews in the US

There's unwarranted attacks on every group and ethnicity in the US. What's your point?

edit on 5-5-2024 by cherokeetroy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Do you know for a fact I'm a Jew hater?

Did I call you that?

I'm upset because our economy is going to crash, probably soon. I'll wait for you to experience it. Then maybe you'll understand.

Is that the Jew's fault? I showed you they get a rather small amount from us in comparison to the total we give. So why not just say I want America to stop giving aid, why say you are upset with Israel getting some.

Give me a break.

Once again you do not want to see the Hamas side of all this...

You have no idea what my "posting" history is or what my awareness is of what's going on in the world. So again, give me a break.

That statement was a question to you... Do you have posts like you do against Israel in any of those other areas since you are such a humanitarian?

I'm asking...If I was going to lay money on this...lol geez. I do look at your posting history BTW.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Did I call you that?

Directly... I'll have to go back and look. Indirectly? You're here right now telling me I'm unfairly attacking Israel and being myopic & one sided so you tell me?

Is that the Jew's fault?

No, we're the ones to blame for allowing our corrupt government to get out of control.

you do not want to see the Hamas side of all this

I do see the Hammas side of this. Have you seen me defending Hamas?

Do you have posts like you do against Israel in any of those other areas

I am sure I do because I've covered quite a bit. I'd have to go back through my history over the last decade but yes, I've talked about terrorism and the all the evils and oppression of Islam & Islamic governments. I've mentioned the oppression in China quite a bit. I've gone into the corruption of Russia, Putin specifically....also many other countries & elite. Too many to name..

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Directly... I'll have to go back and look. Indirectly? You're here right now telling me I'm unfairly attacking Israel and being myopic & one sided so you tell me?

Here let me help you to what I said.

I think people just want to hate Jews in general otherwise they would spend more of their effort on other wars and atrocities that make what is happening in Gaza seem like small stuff in comparison, but they don't. I could at least give them some respect for their beliefs if they did, but it is just a reason to hate the Jews mostly.

Does the shoe fit you?

I do see the Hammas side of this. Have you seen me defending Hamas?

I'm not sure. If you did you might not see 10,000 civilians killed as only Israel's fault, and maybe Israel is not targeting them.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Does the shoe fit you?

No, it doesn't. But you seem to think it does according to your arguments.

Did you know western governments fund terrorist organizations? They play both sides, supporting the 'goodies' and the 'baddies'.

posted on May, 5 2024 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HopeForTheFuture

Blaming Israel for Hamas using tunnels that they supposedly built is like blaming Israel for Hamas firing rockets at them because they helped build the water system.

How Hamas Turns Water Pipes Into Rockets

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join