It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant mystery monolith appears on top of Welsh hill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Afternoon ATS Colleagues and MODS feel free to move this if required.

I seem to remember a number of odd "monoliths" appearing around the Globe a few years back.

Could this be the start of another wave or yet another outlandish hoax.

Its not a million miles away from me so may get to take a look in a week or two.

"Walkers have been left bemused by a mystery steel monolith which has appeared on a Welsh hill. Locals in Hay-on-Wye spotted the 10-foot-tall block of steel, which is shaped like a giant Toblerone, on Hay Bluff near the Powys town at the weekend.

It follows a string of similar sightings across the UK and the US in recent years. In 2020 multiple sightings were reported in mostly isolated areas across Europe. A sighting at Compton Beach on the Isle of Wight and the Merry Maidens stone circle in Cornwall attracted hundreds of TikTokers and Instagrammers desperate to go viral.

It also sparked social media chatter that it surely was the work of aliens. Some quashed those rumours, instead believing it’s another elaborate piece of undercover artwork we’ve become accustomed to. One of the monoliths even arrived in 2020 with the words “Not Banksy” scrawled over it."

Pic

www.walesonline.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Wasn’t the Utah one a college art project? I’d presume something similar with this one.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I was thinking the same thing. I couldn't remember where it was located though.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Neat.

Hopefully isn't engraved with some babble about keeping the world population to X thousands

Keep us updated if you get out there.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:32 AM
link   

As monoliths go, a "10-foot-tall block of steel," is not "Giant."
I like my giant monoliths about fifty feet tall, of a decent circumference, and outta stone.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
My guess would be art project as well ... but who knows? Maybe the Green Man got up to some fun!

Cheers
edit on 11-3-2024 by F2d5thCavv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

Its the local "rag" newspaper.

Mrs. Jones crossing the road is "news."

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

That’s pretty cool.
It would be awesome if they were mysterious lol

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Thats pretty cool Cymru, I see from your post its local to you, I imagine some one will try to 'borrow' it at some point. You'll have to keep us updated and post pics if you get them.

Here's a link to the one that appeared in Utah

www.bbc.co.uk...

And a news article from Dec 2020 about the others...
www.independent.co.uk...

Monoliths have popped up in surprising places over the past few weeks, including an American desert, a British beach and a Belgian field.

Several of these tall, shiny pillars have now been found at sites around the globe without warning or explanation since mid-November.

edit on 11-3-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   

I had the great opportunity to see the removal of one in America in the state if Utah. I was told it was some pranksters yet the site had a very odd feeling. And apparently the stone had been mounted under the rock it was on. Very odd
I was trying to find a pic but I don't have it. I'm sorry guys as that kinda puts an end to this. I do remember the rock cracked and made a really strong snap like a thick twig. Don't know if that helps but there ya go.
edit on 11-3-2024 by budzprime69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

If I had to make a doctors on conspiracies and the ensuing theories, that's exactly what I'd do, contact art schools around the world...

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

If I had to make a doctors on conspiracies and the ensuing theories, that's exactly what I'd do, contact art schools around the world...

I'm pretty sure that is the case with these.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: budzprime69

Given the times, a larger view is in order. I'll meet some of you halfway. If I were a major government with unlimted money for my programs, and I had a mother-of-all programs to flesh out, I would go out to find places that could help not so much send a message, but to help set the "tone" that I wanted to prevail.

I'll let you decide who and what is at play. I'll give you a hint, this is "cosmic" play.

edit on 11-3-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I agree, college student art project or a form of "renegade art" is the most probable explanation.

But if someone has the means to get some equipment to the site to scan the object & the area immediately surrounding it for electromagnetic fields or any other form of energy, I'd be very curious to see the results.

You never know!

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Bluddy Ell.

I've been up there with a complete twit in a Land Rover. So any complete twit could take something up there.

However. I have also been up there during mushroom festival time. Here's a glimpse of that time. alanlodge.co.uk... However. I immediately see on that page secretive heroin dealers who were destroying lives. It ain't all roses.

I'll get to the point now.

When I first arrived at the Psilocybin Festival on Hay Bluff in the year blarberty blarbety I saw clearly in the night sky above us numerous white balls of light doing impossible manoeuvres. When I tried to draw attention to this I was met with blank looks and comments like 'Isn't this normal? Isn't this what we always see at night?'

Bluddy Ell I'm out.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TimBurr

that link brings back memories fella
I remember meeting a load of those guys decades ago near where I lived they were getting chased everywhere they went and ended up at a abandoned camping ground in Scotland .

Ever meet a one armed bald man with a pig tail on your journey

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   
11.1 miles away by road according to google maps. Closer as the Crow Flies.

This paper presents analysis and interpretation of a new assemblage of rock crystal from the Early Neolithic site of Dorstone Hill in Herefordshire. Totalling 337 pieces, this is one of, if not the largest assemblage of worked rock crystal within Britain and Ireland, offering an important opportunity to examine the working, use and treatment of rock crystal within a British Neolithic context.
www.cambridge.org... thic-at-dorstone-hill-herefordshire-and-the-wider-british-and-irish-context/178B889C1F0443CA2C02ECA6D8BE34DE

The crystal was knapped to produce light flashes and glows that enabled soul projection into the light.

I won't say his name but many local people know who he is. An honourable man who lived at Dorstone went flying several times with 'aliens'. He was taken to the 'outerspace'. One thing they showed him was so bright he couldn't look at it. He called it The White Wing. They wore silver suits and came to his house when they sought him. One time he wasn't there and his wife told the 'aliens' "He's not in, you'll have to come back later." So they did.

If it's art, I for one welcome our new Arty Farty Overlords.
edit on 11-3-2024 by TimBurr because: comma

edit on 11-3-2024 by TimBurr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Pete? He was bomb disposal. That's where the other arm went.

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TimBurr
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Pete? He was bomb disposal. That's where the other arm went.

I cannot remember his name now but I did share a joint with those guys after showing them where to pick mushrooms .

posted on Mar, 11 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Unless it's shooting lightning bolts and making a wom wom wom sound it's a stunt .
edit on 11-3-2024 by Ravenwatcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join