It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycotts Against Israel in the US Can Be Punishable By Law

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Yup, you heard that right if you haven't heard it already before. If this is old news to you, good for you. You don't need to state that below, but knock yourself out all the same.

There are already 37 of our "united" states that have enacted legislation that prohibits state contractors from boycotting Israel or any territory they may control.

Under "The Boycott, Divestment, Sanctions" or BDS movement, which began in 2005 in the Occupied West Bank, it has long been a tool for Palestinians to take non-violent action. But more than half of US states have laws in place banning such a boycott, something that doesn't apply in other countries, just us suckers.

It was an individual matter until a court decided not to weigh in on the Constitutionality of the matter and dismissed the plaintiffs case for lack of standing. Another plaintiff in Texas managed to get the law thrown out when she sued.

In response, states have switched from targeting individuals, and instead switched to companies who must pledge or promise to not boycott Israel if they want to do business with the state.

Aside from the glaring unconstitutionality of this on its face, what's the freaking deal with this overly preferential treatment this country receives from the US? I'm quite sure we weren't the bakers during the holocaust, so what's with this yearly tax payer tribute crap, while at the same time NO ONE can talk smack?? Or disagree?? Or protest with their wallets?? I'm not quite sure what the penalties are or even if it has been enforced yet, but 37 states seem to think it's fairly important, no?

The state can deny your application if you don't pledge your allegiance to a foreign country. That's just amazing.

Oh, and YouTube is removing the share button from videos their policies deem to be whatever the fk, I don't care. So instead of being embedded, it's just a link to a news report on the subject.
m.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

The state can deny your application if you don't pledge your allegiance to a foreign country. That's just amazing.

So what exactly is "The Pledge of Allegiance" to Israel that they must do? ☝️

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

Watch the video for a hint.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   
These laws apply to corporations and not individuals. Corporate personhood should only exist to simplify taxation. They should not be granted constitutional rights as a real persons.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JethroBob

What happens if a company decides to pay a higher price for a good that could be provided at a lower price from an Israeli vendor?

One could see that as a boycott, but from the companies standpoint it may be an effort to keep consistency in a supply chain.

Many companies learned that lesson after Covid.

Obviously my hypothetical is just that. The point is it isn’t just about speech, or individual vs corporate rights.

Our legislation should have nothing to do with geopolitical opinion or preferences, for any entity.

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: VariedcodeSole

Oh, and YouTube is removing the share button from videos their policies deem to be whatever the fk, I don't care. So instead of being embedded, it's just a link to a news report on the subject.
m.youtube.com...

you do know you can just copy and paste from the url bar after the V= (copy the following) TqEceFMO6t0

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I'm quite sure we weren't the bakers during the holocaust

If the US was a "baker" during the Holocaust would that justify the preferential treatment?

It is fact that rampant antisemitism in the US during WWII did result in the US turning away Jewish refugees and sending them back to Europe to face the Nazi on their own.

Does that count as "baking" during the Holocaust?

Does it justify the special treatment? A means to apologize for the miss deads of historical US policy?

The US policies do provide special treatment to many groups wherein historical US policy has caused harm. Is the special treatment wrong across the board or just with the Jewish people?

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

It is fact that rampant antisemitism in the US during WWII did result in the US turning away Jewish refugees and sending them back to Europe to face the Nazi on their own.

Some theories have that "turning away" of refugees at the end of WW2 as a PR plan to have them go start their own country somewhere else. Hmmm. 👁‍🗨

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Lets break this down into what it really means shall we

Hating Jewish people for Being Jewish is Punishable by law

Hating a Black Person for being Black is punishable by law and further more will have you cancelled , Bankrupt and universally hated by the majority of people.

Boycotts = a nice way of saying hate .

So many ways of being cute when it comes to hating Jewish people so many exceptions .
edit on 25-12-2023 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Maybe the government should just come out with lists of approved countries and groups we can boycott then.

I’m with Israel in this conflict, but not at the expense of rights.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Well we did let some of that confiscated gold sit in American banks. IBM made the punch cards... There was quite a bit of trading with the enemy. Chase Bank, Ford, Standard Oil , IBM and many more did business with the Nazis.

Now we all pay a kosher tax for most our food. Who gets those fractions of a cent sold on every certified kosher product anyways?? Yeah let's drag that twenty year old skeleton out of the ats closet.
edit on 12-26-2023 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I boycott coca cola , Hershey, Budweiser and a handful of other brands. Who do I hate??

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Those that do stupid things with their advertising directions.
Honestly the first thing that popped up is those that engage in child labor practices.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: JethroBob
These laws apply to corporations and not individuals. Corporate personhood should only exist to simplify taxation. They should not be granted constitutional rights as a real persons.

These "laws" apply to anyone wishing to do business with these states. Well, except Texas and 13 others. Corporate personhood is a very deep rabbit hole and I agree with you entirely on that.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown2

m.youtube.com...

you do know you can just copy and paste from the url bar after the V= (copy the following) TqEceFMO6t0

Yes, I do know that. These videos lately have multiple "=" signs within the links which makes it hard to impossible to embed. Maybe I'm being screwed with, I don't know because earlier the address bar link had multiple "=" signs and isolating anything after each "=" didn't help as it required all the "=" signs to be included in order for the link to work. Now it only has one "=" like yours. It works and it doesn't work for me and my share options disappear when I open up a video. I can't call it, but thank you.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dandandat3

I'm quite sure we weren't the bakers during the holocaust

If the US was a "baker" during the Holocaust would that justify the preferential treatment?
Yes it would. Does Germany give Israel ~$4 billion each year like we do?

Does that count as "baking" during the Holocaust?

No, it does not. "cough cough...Foreign entanglements..cough cough.."

Does it justify the special treatment? A means to apologize for the miss deads of historical US policy?

At a tune of ~$4 billion every year plus 37 states that make it unlawful to boycott them? That's a helluva settlement for minding our own business and allowing Israel to do Israel at that time.

The US policies do provide special treatment to many groups wherein historical US policy has caused harm. Is the special treatment wrong across the board or just with the Jewish people?

I'm not sure a bigger guilt trip has ever been created and or been compensated for. The US wasn't responsible for the over 100 other countries that booted them prior to Germany. Are those countries paying up?🤷🏻

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

Lets break this down into what it really means shall we

Hating Jewish people for Being Jewish is Punishable by law

Hating a Black Person for being Black is punishable by law and further more will have you cancelled , Bankrupt and universally hated by the majority of people.

Boycotts = a nice way of saying hate .

So many ways of being cute when it comes to hating Jewish people so many exceptions .

Boycotting equals hate? Is that what black people were expressing when they stopped riding the buses?

There's nothing cute about being forced to do business with anyone if you're truly an American and understand our history and foundations.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

I boycott coca cola , Hershey, Budweiser and a handful of other brands. Who do I hate??

America, apparently, according to some folks.🙄

edit on 26-12-2023 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Maybe the government should just come out with lists of approved countries and groups we can boycott then.

I’m with Israel in this conflict, but not at the expense of rights.

Yup. That's how they getcha.

posted on Dec, 26 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

We only keep all the rights if we defend those we disagree with the most, and aren’t afraid of being uncomfortable from time to time.

Should Nazis be able to protest? Absolutely. Are they despicable? Absolutely.

If we take away their right to speech, than that line will constantly be blurred with every argument.

“We all know if you say you hate the Jews you’re antisemitic, but what if you refuse to buy goods from Israel, that’s probably antisemitic right?”

What would come after that? And if the precedent is set, what groups are next?

Some of the justification may be “well people try to overly protect other groups”, to which the response is hold the ground, don’t capitulate and use it to your advantage on your biases.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join