It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1 in 5 college students say they sympathize with Hamas

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican
And if only there was some kinda incentive. Oh wait! They just discovered all kinds of oil in Gaza!

What are the odds?

We are the 800-pound gorilla in the corner keeping the other 30 Muslim countries at bay that would love if given the chance to wipe Israel off the map. We just need to stand there, nothing more is needed.

Explain to me please where in history the US never played Bigfoot without an angle or price? Or both.

I’ll wait.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   

And if only there was some kinda incentive. Oh wait! They just discovered all kinds of oil in Gaza!

What are the odds?

We are the 800-pound gorilla in the corner keeping the other 30 Muslim countries at bay that would love if given the chance to wipe Israel off the map. We just need to stand there, nothing more is needed. [/] double
edit on 27-11-2023 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Well. Seeing as all Americans can get their period, I see you love your fellow Americans deeply.

Especially the males that need a tampon.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We are retiring too, soon, we will be heading to Florida where my children are.

Time to just live like tourist.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Spent too much time in the PNW, hot to me is anything over 75 F.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Explain to me please where in history the US never played Bigfoot without an angle or price? Or both.

I’ll wait.

Explain to me where in history ANY country didn't play without an angle or price. Another country would be the same if they had the same power. Be amazed more than not we didn't go the Russin or China path in assimilating everyone around us and more.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Pussy

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

We are retiring too, soon, we will be heading to Florida where my children are.

Time to just live like tourist.

Sounds like a good plan... Travel as much as you can in the process.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Pussy

lol

Yeah

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I’ll wait.

Explain to me where in history ANY country didn't play without an angle or price. Another country would be the same if they had the same power. Be amazed more than not we didn't go the Russin or China path in assimilating everyone around us and more.
Fair. I’ll bite.

Why hasn’t the US done more to stop them towards this end? Is it maybe that we need boogeymen to fight?

No?

Did the US not acquire Hawaii, Puerto Rico, etc?

Are we not the Great Experiment in terms of politics and the Melting Pot culturally?

Should we stop celebrating Independence Day from Britain like a country around the world does every 6 days?
edit on 27-11-2023 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 11:34 PM
link   

a reply to: putnam6

It was mine.

Apparently some college kid had time on his hands in-between protests and scaring Jewish students.

I was pretty sure, but nowadays you can never be too sure

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I support Americans, period... There is nothing afterwards....

Lol, your president...

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 12:41 AM
link   
nevermind taint worth it..

edit on p0000003011am116 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Over 1 in 5 college students say they sympathize with Hamas

I bet it's higher than that.
I'm glad I don't have kids in college now.
The universities are full of useful idiots for Hamas.
I worry for the future of this country.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Why hasn’t the US done more to stop them towards this end? Is it maybe that we need boogeymen to fight?

I guess you were not around in the Cold War...lol WE basically won that war by bankrupting them, but now Putin wants the old team back together again, and what are we doing again... Russa will be bankrupt once again and there will be change again. As for China, they do what they do, so how do you stop 1.6 billion people with nukes? And, do you really want us to continually be the world police?

Did the US not acquire Hawaii, Puerto Rico, etc?

You forgot Guam... but Guam and PR can leave anytime. Why are we not 100 states?

Are we not the Great Experiment in terms of politics and the Melting Pot culturally?

Should we stop celebrating Independence Day from Britain like a country around the world does every 6 days?

I really don't think we are either. We had some really smart men who got us on a path that was better than Britain. We needed people at first, not so much anymore. We do need seasonal workers though.

I'm not sure what your last statement means... When countries like Britain, Spain, Portugal, etc had power they were also really bad. When Russia had the power they were really bad too. My original statement was that any country if given the power stick would do the same as we did and in most cases were much worse.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Lol, your president...

You missed the post I was replying too.

They said that they support "American Philistines" I said there is nothing after American for me, I just support Americans. If we keep playing this game of "I'm American xyz" the country will never get together as one.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Then? 4-5 support Israel. Your point?

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Then? 4-5 support Israel. Your point?

It isn't hard to follow MS, my point is in the second paragraph.

I've always thought America had good checks and balances with the wider teachings of our universities with whatever dogma was generally absorbed before "higher education" at home secondary schools etc. We know the MSM isn't exactly unbiased either

Now however we have lost or are losing the balance.

There's more than a subtle difference between wanting a ceasefire and peace and outright supporting Hamas. Yes or No?

I mean a cringe at the carnage in Gaza, but the unmitigated brutal madness of 10/7 was and is the contemporary flashpoint. Remove that and the current bombardment on Hamas doesn't exist. REALITY.

That doesn't excuse or explain Israel's reactions completely either, but never forget it was nothing but getting hostages to force Israel to release Palestinians in prison in Israel that have attacked the Israelis and about creating carnage in a world that's trying to evolve and be civilized IMHO

Not to mention it has nothing to do with the other 4 of 5, I doubt 4 of 5 college students could even find Israel on the map, and they are participating in the protest "du jour" to get out of classes.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
I've always thought America had good checks and balances with the wider teachings of our universities with whatever dogma was generally absorbed before "higher education" at home secondary schools etc. We know the MSM isn't exactly unbiased either

Now however we have lost or are losing the balance.

Not going to lie the mashup of everybody thinking they must go to college, with 86% stating they learn about the conflict on social media, is the most concerning trend I hear about America's future. There is very little fact-checking, or reading learning from other sources, hell even on legit sites the comments are chock full of propagandized BS. Still, see posts about Israeli copters firing at the Nova music festival which is a known complete falsehood. No doubt an organized foreign effort mixed with the domestic ill-informed is a dangerous mix.

The internet initially was fantastic for reading and learning about current events and history, now every headline article or comment needs to be vetted and researched for accuracy as all social media contributors aren't concerned about being factually correct, or concise but the clicks views, and likes.

My generation didn't care and basically felt all sides were manipulating at best, thieving and corrupt at worst, Nixon wasn't an outlier he was an example.

www.intelligent.com...

www.campusreform.org...

A new survey reveals that 22% of college students sympathize with Hamas. Roughly a quarter of U.S. college students are confident in their knowledge about the war between Israel and Hamas, with 6% saying they’re extremely knowledgeable, and 19% saying they’re very knowledgeable.

Social media is the most common source of information about these issues for students. Eighty-six percent of college students say they’ve learned about the conflict and/or current war on social media.

Among the 99% of respondents who say they’ve used social media in the past three weeks, 32% say they see information about these issues all the time on social media, while 41% say they do often. Additionally, 19% say they see information about these issues some of the time, while 6% say not very often. Only 1% of social media users say they never see related information on their channels.

Students also have learned about the Israel-Palestine conflict and Israel-Hamas war through news articles (62%), talking directly to others (58%), televised news (56%), and podcasts (17%).

Nearly half of students, 48%, say they’re somewhat knowledgeable on the most recent conflict, while 23% are not very knowledgeable. Only 4% of students say they’re not knowledgeable at all.

“College students often feel compelled to stay informed about global events and to engage in meaningful discourse, both in and out of the classroom,” says Eric Eng, a college admission expert and the founder and CEO of AdmissionSight. “This sense of responsibility, particularly in our information age, could account for the number of students who claim to be ‘very knowledgeable’ about the situation. Yet, it’s worth noting that being informed doesn’t necessarily equate to a comprehensive understanding of such complex issues.”

I neither support Hamas or Israeli Goverment...
There is no right side here... on the one hand we have Hamas on the other right wing Israeli PM and cabinet.

Killing more people is not going to fix this .
Only a transition to a 2 state solution and end to illegally annexing Palastiian land will.

If Individuals or State actors wish to back this kind of thing let them, but come out and say you do.
Standing behind "Israel has a right to defend herself" is a #ing afront when day in and day out peace or war
the Palastinians have have their land stolen, and people murdered by these settlers and their backup the Israeli army.

I am neither antisemitic or a self hating jew or a facist or anything else.
I am calling out an injustice and so should you .

Peace
edit on Tue, 28 Nov 2023 10:13:23 -06001310America/ChicagoTuesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

I am calling out an injustice and so should you .

If terrorists would tunnel their way under my appartment building or send kids from my nation to Israel to blow themselfs up in busses first thing i would do is kick out them terrorists.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join