It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk Has Fired Most Of Twitter’s ‘Election Integrity’ Team

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   
summit.news...

Twitter/X owner Elon Musk has fired most of a team at Twitter that was supposedly in charge of maintaining ‘election integrity’, stating that in reality they were doing the exact opposite.

Musk commented on a post from X News Daily, noting that the head of the team was fired, stating “Oh you mean the “Election Integrity” Team that was undermining election integrity? Yeah, they’re gone

According to reports some of the U.S. election integrity team were based in Dublin.

A recent blog post with regards to election integrity states “You may not use X’s services for the purpose of manipulating or interfering in elections or other civic processes, such as posting or sharing content that may suppress participation, mislead people about when, where, or how to participate in a civic process, or lead to offline violence during an election.”

It adds that “Any attempt to undermine the integrity of civic participation undermines our core tenets of freedom of expression and as a result, we will apply labels to violative posts informing users that the content is misleading.”

It appears that Musk believed the election integrity team were promoting the opposite of integrity at X.

Musk has commented further and here is an article from the Guardian

www.theguardian.com...

Overnight Musk appeared to give his first reaction to EU claims that X had the highest ratio of disinformation of the large social media platforms with a picture of three penguins bearing the logos of Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and YouTube saluting another penguin bearing the X logo.

Twitter under Elon Musk doesn't usually disappoint me. Musk has decided to fire a lot of his staff and especially moderators/arbiters of truth who, under the old regime, were censoring and silencing pretty much everyone who was expressing views the establishment didn't approve of and vehemently opposed.

You couldn't criticise the covid policies such as masks and lockdowns or vaccine damages because of misinformation rules. You couldn't express opinions that an election was stolen for the same reason. You couldn't even state basic biological facts so not to offend the woke mob and the trans community.

Lately Twitter has come under criticisms again because they allegedly promote misinformation and disinformation...It won't be long until the establishment goes after Twitter just as the UK Government decided to go after Rumble.

Meanwhile, Musk posted a link to a video earlier this week that highlights Fauci and others making false claims about the COVID 19 vaccine

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:28 AM
link   
More on this story here

www.rollingstone.com...

www.politico.eu...

www.reuters.com...

thehill.com...

edit on 29-9-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:57 AM
link   
A BIG THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST ABOUT TIME SOMEBODY'S STANDING UP WITH GUTS.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 05:31 AM
link   

By the way I have plenty of topics for discussion. And I know that many of them upset the establishment but they're very legitimate topics for discussion.

I will comment for once more on the attempts made by governments to control twitter on the basis of them spreading misinformation and disinformation and 'extreme' views. For example arguing on the platform vaccines could potentially cause serious harms or death (was seen as misinformation). YouTube has a covid misinformation policy and you can't even discuss harms and deaths from the vaccine. In case you do then you risk strikes or getting banned from the platform.

Still the establishment is trying to push the same debunked narratives as before. One must have a willingness to be ignorant to believe them.
edit on 29-9-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Elon Musk should be working to make sure his platform is woke-free and decent. These are related matters as the less woke a platform is the more likely is to be decent and normal. He has to make sure he fires all the woke admin and moderators who brought the platform to complete disrepute.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The question is, if you were Elon Musk would you have fired all these role employees, moderators, and arbiters of truth?

I mean, if it was me, without a second thought! No fascistoids in my business! (Suppose I had one)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Are you aware how many people were fired by Musk?

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
GO ELON!

F^ck1n Orwellian Ministry of Truth, is what that was.
Now they need to get rid of all these overopinionated pundits on these "news" shows.
This nation is seriously overdosed on "popular opinion" right now and needs a shot of epinephrine.

a reply to: Muldar

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   
He can't make it "woke free" and to enforce that would defeat the purpose, but if you simply remove the ability to report anything unless it's broken a law, then this thing will sort itself out over time.
Wokeism is progressive in the medical sense of the word.
Half these people just fall in line bc they're scared of getting tattled on, then eventually they start half heartedly sharing the woke material, then since they're seeing it all the time and sharing it, they kinda start believing some of it.
Same reason why most people will buy a product if they see 5 ads for it.
But if you ensure that people can call BS and shout it down, then the opposition is visible, and people can't say
"everyone believes this so you're wrong" and the peer pressure doesn't work so well anymore.

Having said that, I do LOVE that he made the term "Cisgender" hate speech. It's apt and funny, but in the long run I think getting rid of the extra reporting options for Tweets and comments is gonna be the more effective option. But I have no idea what he's even changed, if anything.
I stopped using Twitter years ago.

edit on 29-9-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard
GO ELON!

F^ck1n Orwellian Ministry of Truth, is what that was.
Now they need to get rid of all these overopinionated pundits on these "news" shows.
This nation is seriously overdosed on "popular opinion" right now and needs a shot of epinephrine.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard
He can't make it "woke free" and to enforce that would defeat the purpose, but if you simply remove the ability to report anything unless it's broken a law, then this thing will sort itself out over time.
Wokeism is progressive in the medical sense of the word.
Half these people just fall in line bc they're scared of getting tattled on, then eventually they start half heartedly sharing the woke material, then since they're seeing it all the time and sharing it, they kinda start believing some of it.
Same reason why most people will buy a product if they see 5 ads for it.
But if you ensure that people can call BS and shout it down, then the opposition is visible, and people can't say
"everyone believes this so you're wrong" and the peer pressure doesn't work so well anymore.

Having said that, I do LOVE that he made the term "Cisgender" hate speech. It's apt and funny, but in the long run I think getting rid of the extra reporting options for Tweets and comments is gonna be the more effective option. But I have no idea what he's even changed, if anything.
I stopped using Twitter years ago.

When I said woke-free I meant to remove all those individuals i.e content moderators and arbiters of truth who were censoring free speech. And he did it to a large degree (most of them have gone either fired or left). Those woke lunatics thought it was ok and constitutional to ban accounts on the basis of hate speech, extremism, and misinformation, that have invented themselves given their complete confusion and stupidity.

As a result accounts were banned for stating there are only two genders or that vaccines can harm or kill people or that lockdowns may have been catastrophic, or that an election was stolen...

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This is an interesting thread... somewhat.

What's your point though?

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Elon Musk Has Fired Most Of Twitter’s ‘Election Integrity’ Team

"Now let that sink in"

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kreeate

My threads are always interesting.

Just read and tell me what you think.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: Kreeate

My threads are always interesting.

Just read and tell me what you think.

I did indeed read it. I did indeed not get the point. Perhaps I'm a bit thick. Mayhap I'm completely stupid.
For certainty this thread has a point. It evades me nonetheless.
Here's my 2 cents...

Elon has power (yar!)
Elon acquires company
Elon break company
Elon fix company
Elon expose election shenanigans
People hate Elon
Elon say: "tuff cookies"
People hate Elon moar!
Elon say: "I dun currr"
Media say: "Elon baaad
v"
Elon say: bite me

That sum it up?
edit on 29-9-2023 by Kreeate because: i r idiota

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kreeate

That some it up?

No you failed at truth by not putting the word fake in front of media.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saloon
a reply to: Kreeate

That some it up?

No you failed at truth by not putting the word fake in front of media.

Fair enough... but I failed even worse in the sense that I didn't say "sum it up" as opposed to my atrocious "some it up".

I'll go jump off a cliff now.

EDIT: Turns out I could edit my OP to your quote. Still... it burns like the clap in the 60's
edit on 29-9-2023 by Kreeate because: added

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 08:34 PM
link   
hope he got rid of all the paid phonies and liars that were causing and helping real election fraud and cheats

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   
wonder if some there were part of the gov 1st amend censoring

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join