It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ozempic Craze

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

You cut calories and your body is going to go into starvation mode.

What ?
No one mentioned starvation .
There are diabetic dieticians at , or travel , to most hospitals.
Will wake a person up as to just how many calories they consume a day .
They cut me down to 2200 per day .
NO STARVATION THERE , I guarantee .
One would be surprised at the sheer amount of food that can be .

Deying ignorance.
Why ?
Ignorance deserves it .

edit on 8/18/23 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   
With all the serious side effects, and I have also heard it ages you very fast, I don't think it will be around long, at least not as a quick fix for fatty celebrities.

Some say the aging skin is due to fat loss but I don't know. It would require more medical procedures that I certainly wouldn't want to encourage if I were them. They all get 'joker face' and then you can barely tell them apart.

posted on Aug, 18 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Let me tell you my story. I'm a diabetic, I started taking Ozempic for about six Months. I was weighing about 195 pounds and I'm 5'11. I ended up weighing 145 pounds when I stopped taking it. I was down to skin and bones. The biggest problem with Ozempic is most people's stomachs have a real hard time with it. Every time I would eat something, I felt like throwing up, had stomach pains most of the time.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

All the regular sized folks taking Ozempic to loose weight have caused a bit of a shortage of Ozempic. At least that's what some of the articles say.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   

What happened?

An easier option was presented that requires zero personal discipline.

People are always looking for that option.

I've lost 35 pounds in the last year and a half by simply changing the way I eat. It was hard, and I wouldn't do it any other way.
edit on 19-8-2023 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Outside of diabetics, it’s used by narcissist to lose weight. Don’t diet and exercise to get healthy because that’s to hard. They need a quick fix regardless of the side effects.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
So what happened to just cutting calories and going for long walks to lose weight?

That has been disproven as a sound way to achieve healthy long term fat loss for some time now.

In addition to vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea, stomach paralysis, gastroparesis can occur. Other cases of severe outcomes from Ozempic, Wegovy, and Mounjaro have been recently reported.

The information says that stomach paralysis can occur rarely, but from the information I've been reading it seems to be more common than 'rarely'. Pancreatitis, gallbladder disease and kidney issues have been reported. And the long term effects of this drug are unknown.

Yummy.

The rise of popular GLP-1 drugs such as Ozempic and Wegovy and similar drugs like Mounjaro, which are used to treat type 2 diabetes and, in some cases, obesity, has led to some people reporting severe side effects.

The cause of - and cure for - type II diabetes is well known, and not only safe, but also has extremely dramatic positive side effects as well, with ZERO negative side effects. It is called TRE - time restricted eating - and works best when combined with a sane healthy diet consisting of mostly animal proteins and fats (fatty red meat is best), with one overarching rule - the less sugar/carbs the better.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
On the flip side, this drug can also “cure” weird behaviors like OCD, addictions, compulsive overeating.

All of those are some of the positive side effects of going on the carnivore diet.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
a reply to: watchitburn
Well, goody for you. Did you think this thread was about your good health? Personally, I think it is about people with diabetes, who will do just about anything to get close to normal again. They need information like tis to help make intelligent decisions about what to do.

So take responsibility for your own health! Here are just a few resources to get you started...

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mantiss2021

Type II diabetic. Runs in my family (mother's side, along with pattern baldness), thanks mom! Diagnosed following major heart attack.

Things like this 'run in the family' because family members tend to the same behaviors, especially dietary behaviors. While those in the same family can have genetic predispositions, your genetics actually plays only a small part due to the wonders of epigenetics...

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   

A friend of mine was telling me the doctor suggested this for them. He needs a knee replacement, just lost both parents and has had a lot of struggle with weight. We go to the gym together but he’s got a lot to go on his journey. I was skeptical when he told me about this option but I see why he would consider it. It wouldn’t replace other efforts for weight loss as the OP seems to insinuate. The blaming and shaming seems out of place. Who hurt you?

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ozempic user here, been using it 4 months for diabetes . It works like nothing else ever has. My A1C went from 11 down to 7.9, so far. I'm not a mornidly obese person, I have lost 14 lbs, during the first month, but maintain at this weight. One side effect? An overactive libido, but no one is complaining. I had nausea the first week, nothing after that.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You're right. I've been treadmilling for several years, the initial loss during my first year of that was 36 lbs. I'm only 5 ft tall, that made a significant change physically. I continue to treadmill, but as you stated, I inherited the predisposition to diabetes, heart disease, [high bp. I had a heart attack in 2020, before I was vaccinated, for those who believe heart problems come from that, lol. On Ozempic, My whole health is improving. Even mentally, I am much more upbeat! I was never like depressed or anything like that, but my moods are more stable. And the libido, wow, I thought that would never reappear, but.....Im loving it. Good Wishes to you on your journey. quote]originally posted by: Daughter2

originally posted by: Gothmog

So what happened to just cutting calories and going for long walks to lose weight?

Too much work for some folks .

The thing is cutting calories and exercising doesn't really work for most people. You cut calories and your body is going to go into starvation mode. And long walks don't really use up all that many calories.

I believe the past few decades people have purposely been lied to about weight loss.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueBaby

I've noticed the increase in libido as well.

I didn't associate it with the Ozempic until reading about it here. Doctor didn't mention that! as a possible side effect.
I might not have resisted going on Ozempic for as long as I did, had I known!

And yes, like you, although never depressed, my overall mental state has noticeably improved; I am more positive, more clear-headed, more energetic now than just a few months ago.

My attitude toward food has changed the most, and it is the thing that I have been most focused on; I've actually started to enjoy "healthier" foods and smaller portions.

Best way I can describe it, as a "car nut": I used to be a rather sloppy sedan. Now I can see myself as more like a respectable "sports coupe" with the potential to become a surprisingly nimble Street Racer.

posted on Aug, 19 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i have been on Ozempic for over 3 years now and have not lost any weight.

i was put on Ozempic because Jardence just about killed me from Fournier's gangrene, and i spent 4 months in the hospital.

posted on Aug, 20 2023 @ 12:56 AM
link   

My endocrinologist recently put me on Ozempic for my type-2 diabetes. I've been having a hard time getting my a1c under control and was excited that this might help. Plus losing weight wouldn't hurt.

I was started on 0.25mg. The night that I took it I was VIOLENTLY vomiting. Like the kind where your begging God or whoever else to please make it stop. The day after I still was throwing up, had horrible headaches, etc. I couldn't keep anything down. My doctor's seemed so surprised by this. I decided to not take it anymore. What's the point if your days and nights are spent with your arms wrapped around a toilet?

Plus I've learned (not from my doctor) that once your on it, your on it for life. For the people who are taking it simply to lose weight, it will work. But if you stop taking it the weight will come right back. Some say worse than before.

It seems to me that this drug needed some more trials and testing. And I don't want to be a guinea pig. The receptors that this drug supposedly triggers is found throughout your entire body. So who knows what kind of damage is being done.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Mantiss2021

Hi,

Long time lurker, 1st time (probably last time) poster.

I have a mounjaro story - me.
My A1C was at 6.7 after years of Tujeo, Metformin, and Glimepiride. It kept it in line, but wasnt really seeing results.

Went to the Dr mid March 2023. Told me about Mounjaro and I went for it.
Long story short, in June 2023, I went for my next appt. - I have lost 50+ lbs, A1C is down to 5.6, and I no longer take any of the forementioned drugs, and on paper, no longer a Type 2. I actually believe its time for me to start backing off of it, we'll see what doc has to say in September.

My side effects have been relatively minor compared to the others I have read here and elsewhere.
I usually "shoot myself up" on Saturdays and then Monday rolls around and I feel weird, not sick or anything like that, its hard to describe. I'm fine after that.

My other ongoing symptom is not diarrhea, but constipation. No matter what I do or eat, or how hydrated I am, I end up having to take a laxative a couple times per week.

Other than the expense of buying new clothes every month (Goodwill/Savers), its been a very positive experience for me.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Remember Phen Phen

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: justmark623

My other ongoing symptom is not diarrhea, but constipation. No matter what I do or eat, or how hydrated I am, I end up having to take a laxative a couple times per week.

From what I’ve heard that’s a very common symptom as it slows the whole digestive process.

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: nugget1

Remember Phen Phen

Oh, yeh. I have been following the slow recall of horrific FDA approved drugs since the Thalidomide days. These drugs pass all safety testing and then decades later researchers magically discover how deadly they are, but not before they have a safer, improved, 300 times more expensive replacement ready to take up the vacated space.

Drug companies (Pfizer) may get a 6 million dollar fine, which is a joke since they made billions in the years they were allowed destroy lives.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join