It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest shopping mall in Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:24 AM
link   
So the sanctions have done nothing, the shopping mall is open and bustling, The shopping malls in the West by comparison don't look like they can hang in there much longer. It looks safe with lots of variety. This is not a Russian propaganda video. But I would like to know what happened to us compared to how life is still ticking along in Russia in what seems to be the average Westerner's ideal state. They are a self-sufficient non globalist sovereign country. So cmon folks what the heck has happened to us.?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Same guy different video. He did one similar a few months after all the sanctions hit.

Looks great there. Not a lot of customers though, but don’t know the time of day either.

The thing with sanctions is you don’t get the best price or product as a consumer.

It’s like that for everything. Prices go up, quality down.

Like cars in the USSR vs cars from the globe. When the borders on trade opened back up after the USSRs fall, the car manufacturers in the USSR knew they were unable to compete.
edit on 20-7-2023 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

the Ladas were cheap and pretty bulletproof but not a great deal of variety. I think they bought the rights to produce from the Italians. The Ural motorbike and sidecar were pretty good as well, they were from BMW after the second world war, the one the Germans had a machine gun on.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Yeah well Volkswagon also produced vehicles that Hitler sold the masses on, which he used their deposits for his war machine, instead of giving them the vehicles they paid for.

It’s like Musk… level 5 self driving cars… promises promises, except he gives them a car instead of tanks and ammo, though level 5 self driving still ages away…. Though a car that can self drive sometimes…
edit on 20-7-2023 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Gosh, that looks so nice. I wish we could have that here in the USA.

Good on them. Seems it's business as usual there. Lets hope there aren't any unhappy people to go in and ransack the place and steal all the goods.

I guess it's pretty bad when Russia looks more civilized and cohesive than the USA. I realize they have their homeless areas as well. But I'm glad to see it isn't all a hell hole like it is often perceived to be by Westerners.
edit on 5631202300000031bThu, 20 Jul 2023 03:50:56 -05002023000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Here's a typical shopping center in the UK. A few more customers ....

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

yeah, im convinced! by the way, how is the rubel performing? all time high, right?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I have watched him and many other Russians channels way before any of this crap started.
Here are a few. The interesting thing about them all is that while they are living in Russia they have been very Hesitant to talk bad about Russia and especially putin. They avoid bringing up negative political views russia.

However , they come close to hinting about the issues with russia and even putin but very subtle .

RussianPlus lived in the US for a work visa for a while and you can tell he is not a big russia political fan after watching numerous clips of him giving subtle hints but they are all not willing to just come out and say it.

Traveling russel has almost become a spoke person for russia, so take that as you will.

RussianPlus linky

Siberian Freedom linky

Justus and Rebecca Walker linky

INSIDE RUSSIA Linky

Real Russia linky

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   

whats the purpose of this video? russia is doing well while thousends of soldiers are dying in ukraine? how is life going outside moscow? i have a girlfriend from sibiria with relatives in moscow, they paint a different picture. but this guy seems pretty objektive and he just want us all to know how wonderful and healthy russia is.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Gauging the economy using shopping malls isn't very scientific. In the US, it looks like malls are almost a thing of the past. There have been more demolished in my area than built in the last 20 years. What I see quite a bit is investors building large strip-malls made up of big box retailers sprinkled with smaller stores. I miss the malls a bit though. Instead of walking indoors, you have to drive from store to store. Or, just stay home and buy from Amazon.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Looks s#. Shoddy floor artwork at 5:56, seen better in Minecraft, hahaha! The missing tiles on the roof at 6:10 makes it look in a perpetual state of repair and run down - a good reflection of modern Britain that perhaps they were aiming for?

Probably about as many English people in there as Russians in the first video..😏

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

shopping mall is open and bustling.

Would look better after being hit by a few Ukranian drones.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That aquarium compared to the one in the London mall.😮

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
Gauging the economy using shopping malls isn't very scientific.

Well especially when you are talking about Russia or China. Shopping malls like this are for the upper less than 1% of the population, so not sure what it tells us about the overall issues in Russia. 600 major brands have left Russia, and all the Western tech companies have left too. It has been Western know-how that has been keeping their antiquated industries going, and they are gone.

My major fear for Russia is not stores open in their show malls, but how many Russians will not have food this next winter?

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

There are plenty of malls in the U.S. that are still functioning. But the explosion of Amazon has changed things. Malls aren't really a way to see how an economy is doing. Sure, much of Russia is still carrying on as normal. Why wouldn't it?

I guess it's pretty bad when Russia looks more civilized and cohesive than the USA.

How so? How can one even tell when Russia's media is heavily influenced by the state. I'd consider freedom of media and criticism to be a strong factor in a "civilized country". The U.S. is by and far a more open and free state than Russia. Take Russia's lack of protection for journalism as an example.

Sure, the U.S. has its own media propaganda but people are still free to criticize without fear of reprocussions. And look at Russia's media. There is huge amounts of pro-Putin propaganda. While the u.s. media has its left vs right propaganda, it at least has each side criticizing one another - and also a huge alternative news base that more and more people are flocking to.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Turquosie

It is probably just as bad in Russia as it is in the West here if you get too critical they, lean on you if they can. The censorship is obvious. But they looked like ordinary people to me, just doing what ordinary people do.I expect the rural areas are different, and probably more self-reliant than us.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Unless i'm mistaken, there is a vast difference. Plenty of people who have viewers have called Biden a pedophile senile corrupt leader. And other vile stuff against Trump as well. Those people aren't usually shut down, imprisoned, harassed or killed. Now trying call Putin such things and criticize his leadership in Russia.

It's a pretty clear difference in freedom of speech IMO.
Where Are Russian Critics of Putin Featured in “Putin and the Presidents” Now?

When opposition politician Vladimir Kara-Murza sat down for an interview with FRONTLINE in July 2017, he warned about the consequences of speaking out against Russian President Vladimir Putin. “There’s been a very high mortality rate in the last several years among the people who have crossed the path of Vladimir Putin’s Kremlin — independent journalists, anti-corruption campaigners, opposition activists, opposition leaders,” he said.

Russia has been like this for awhile, and it has only gotten worse after the invasion of Ukraine.
edit on 20-7-2023 by Turquosie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Nothing like Russia.

Here on ATS there is plenty of criticism of just about everything.

You are free to spout your stuff.

We all are.

No one is leaning on folk being very, very critical of your President.

There is simply no comparison.

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
a reply to: Turquosie

It is probably just as bad in Russia as it is in the West here if you get too critical they, lean on you if they can. The censorship is obvious. But they looked like ordinary people to me, just doing what ordinary people do.I expect the rural areas are different, and probably more self-reliant than us.

an unhealthy nationalism has been ignited into society by constant propaganda via internet and national television. its a climate of fear (when it comes to freedom of speech and politics). in the end, it is the normal citizens on both sides who suffer noticeably from this war. putin sits in his bunker - there he has his own private mall and everything is for free. absurd, isn't it? sitting in a bunker waiting for the worms to come...

posted on Jul, 20 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
I expect the rural areas are different, and probably more self-reliant than us.

If you mean by self-reliant as in they look and live like we did 100+ years ago I agree with you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join