It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu is Rapidly Spreading Through US Poultry Flocks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Oh great, here we go again! Remember 2015?

This week, the USDA confirmed the presence of highly pathogenic avian influenza (HPAI) in two non-commercial backyard flocks (less than 50 birds) in Connecticut and western Iowa. While it’s possible for the virus to spread to humans, no human cases have been reported.

***SNIP***

This recent avian flu outbreak stretches across the country, with the first confirmed case detected in Indiana on Feb. 9. Indiana’s outbreak, which started in commercial turkeys, resulted in the killing and removal of 171,000 birds. The spread continued to Kentucky, where 284,000 birds were killed. Delaware had to destroy 1.2 million birds after an infection was detected in a commercial chicken flock.

modernfarmer.com...

Farms that raise turkeys and chickens for eggs and meat are on high alert.

As if things weren't bad enough already, sheesh.

None of my fowl were affected last time nor as of yet. Mine have been enclosed all winter though but last time, they were handled as a normal outside flock with indoor secured night housing.

But I am wondering if the birds were showing signs of sickness and then were tested or what.

Get your chicken and eggs now 'cause the price will really sky rocket I fear. P.S. Eggs can last months in the fridge. And if after some time, you happen to come across a bad one it doesn't mean they all are. A bad egg is quite easily detectible.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Kill the chickens, kill them all, darn the fry chicken industry is not going to like this one bit, but no worries, the chickens will be imported from south America, after all they do not have to follow any healt regulations at all, they come all frozen and ready to eat.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Chicken little comes to mind.

The sky, the sky, it is a falling.

Warning Will Robinson, warning.

P

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I just hope they don't start randomly combing small backyard flocks to "find" the virus. I don't trust them one bit. I think I'll keep one roo and a few hens in my basement and hide them just in case.

Here's a little more doom from the article:

There are several ongoing H5N1 outbreaks going on right now; perhaps the worst is in the United Kingdom, which has been called “unprecedented” and perhaps the most damaging outbreak on record. It’s affecting wild populations, with some migratory species that are already threatened and getting wiped out in the UK, in Israel and the Netherlands. Also in the Netherlands, H5N1 has been detected at some poultry operations, and hundreds of thousands of birds have been culled as a preventative measure.

edit on 7-3-2022 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Why is it always our food supply, instead of our pets?

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 08:47 PM
link   
At this point... why not, cant even get to fired up about it at this stage, WW3, supply chain issues, why not take a chunk of our food supply as well.

I dont even know how to process the rapid fire body shots at this point.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Wisenox

I guess because most people don't have a pet chicken??????

a reply to: Irishhaf

I feel 'ya. They keep firing away and then rubbing salt in the wounds. Wears a soul down for sure. But just think how good it will feel when the pain stops.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:33 PM
link   

...Indiana’s outbreak, which started in commercial turkeys, resulted in the killing and removal of 171,000 birds. The spread continued to Kentucky, where 284,000 birds were killed. Delaware had to destroy 1.2 million birds after an infection was detected in a commercial chicken flock.....

I often get eggs from my niece who doesn't live too far from those turkey farms here in Indiana. So far, her chickens are still fine.

I was reading an article about this a couple weeks ago and thought the wording they used was interesting. They didn't say the turkeys were killed or destroyed. Instead they said the turkeys had to be 'depopulated'.

It seemed to me like they were just hoping that people wouldn't realize that actually meant they were all killed, which I found amusing for some reason....

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

I guess the softer verb is easier on the brain. I've watched a few videos on this round of H5N1. Even wild cranes are being affected. Super depressing seeing them flop around on the ground and then die with hundreds also dead in the waters. Makes me sick to my stomach. Definitely going to keep my little honeys in longer once all the snow melts. They don't usually come out until May or so. They may just have a very enclosed but safe summer.

edit on 7-3-2022 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
At this point... why not, cant even get to fired up about it at this stage, WW3, supply chain issues, why not take a chunk of our food supply as well.

I dont even know how to process the rapid fire body shots at this point.

Pure coincidence of course.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads-up. We'll go to Costco earlier this week.

posted on Mar, 7 2022 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If chickens get the bird flu and survive, they get immunity which gets passed on to the young in the eggs. But when industries get chickens with the flu, they cannot take care of them properly and the food does not have the needed nutrients to protect them like if they are free range and run around in the yard where certain weeds can help them to survive.

Also, when they get the bird flu, the chickens don't lay for a while which is not profitable, and since a lot die it is not financially feasable to be feeding them so they destroy the birds they have as layers. This is all about profit, and I do understand this, but that immunity passed on through the eggs also protects humans, and also protects the calves they feed it to to replace the milk used to sell in milker cows. They actually give the chickens a disease to build immunity to viruses and feed it to the calves, this immunity is usually passed on to the calves from the mother but since that milk is sold, they have figured out ways to give calves what they need.

Studying food science means I also have to study agriculture and animal husbandry to figure out how things work.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 02:24 AM
link   

My neighbors had chickens for 5 years. My point is that their animal vectors are always distant ones. Its never the raccoons or possums in our neighborhoods, or our pets, or any animal that is in our daily lives.
Always a virus ravaging some distant pocket of animal reservoirs. The squirrels never get sick, but livestock do. Never piles of dead birds in my neighborhood; never viral outbreaks shutting down a zoo.
Always something distant, never right in front of our face.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This is in my wheelhouse. This randomly happens from time to time. Happens all the time.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wisenox

Its never the raccoons or possums in our neighborhoods, or our pets, or any animal that is in our daily lives.

That's because those animals don't migrate, and they don't hang out together in large groups.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BrokenCircles

Animals are in close proximity at the zoo, and neighborhood animals are closer to each other than you think. We have flocks of birds all the time. Yet, not one incident witnessed in my entire lifetime.
Germ theory is bunk. Yellowstone should constantly be raising alarms over its numerous herding and pack animals, but they aren't.
Whoever these scientists are that keep finding animal vectors, they should be working for intelligence agencies. They somehow always know what cave, desert, or isolated farm to look in. They make the CIA look like amateurs. Its amazing.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The only virus out there is the infection of the brains of those who promote Germ/Virus Theory.
It is fake science and has been fake science, since forever.
Even Louis Pasteur said on his deathbed, "It's not the virus, it's the terrain!", then he died.
Wise up or be a slave to your overlords.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Welcome to the Great Reset, where livestock and meat go to die.

posted on Mar, 8 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

To me, this seems like its all done on purpose... to coincide with high gas and electric rates and high food prices!

A lot of people won't be able to afford to live very soon....

posted on Apr, 2 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Chicken little comes to mind.

The sky, the sky, it is a falling.

Warning Will Robinson, warning.

P

How do you like me now?????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join