It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Idle Speculation, or The potential conspiracy that needs to be examined before reparations.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Did some of our Freedmen get trafficked out of the country during or just after the Civil war? While far from proven, it bears looking in to.

Many people don't realize that freedmen got their 40 acres just after the Civil war.

It was on the Georgia coast.

Think of all the people in the US including in the government who were concerned about what may happen once the freedmen got armed and organized. Whether or not they had been directly involved with aiding and abetting slavery, they needed the freedmen to not lay waste to the nation.

Think of all the people in West Africa who felt the same, for it was their ancestors who sold the US their slaves.

Maybe the West Africans pleaded with our government, and many people in our government realized many valuable people and industries could be compromised by revenge, so they put the freedmen on the Georgia coast.

In my opinion it is possible the freedmen got trafficked out of there very quickly by jealous West Africans who hated the notion that the people they had sold the US were now becoming free in a wealthier nation than their own, which had free land to give away to its people.

Africa might have been an all right place to live for many of its people but there were probably those who were the third son with no land to inherit, or otherwise dispossessed, especially during the age of guano mining.

White Americans are not the only people capable of committing oppression. There was probably interreligious and interethnic strife to flee from.

There was political stability in the US.

There was less disease and a stabler climate.

The trafficking could have happened even before the war. Many Liberians might not have ever made it to Liberia but might have been sold abroad. The Underground Railroad may have occasionally been a front for illegal immigration from Africa.

The Confederacy was short on food and might have exported some of its slaves for money because if they didn't win the war, they were going to lose them anyway. They could easily avoid the blockade because they could load themselves on a boat and did not have to travel by good road or be loaded from docks by cranes like bales of cotton or large barrels of tobacco. They only needed to row to Cuba to be resold and reembarked, so they didn't need a very large boat. Rowboats had a much lower profile because of the lack of masts.

It is possible that opportunistic Union Army profiteers might have trafficked people from places like New Orleans or Port Royal after taking them from the Confederacy and being met with hordes of escaping slaves.
edit on 6-2-2022 by Solvedit because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Solvedit

Nobody in this country should be getting any reparations. The end.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaemac

I think he's saying the reparations should come from the West African governments.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: shaemac

I think he's saying the reparations should come from the West African governments.
No, I am saying some percentage of the people here now are not descended from slavery but arrived during or just after the Civil war.

I am saying perhaps in some cases, the actual freedmen were trafficked out and resold or sunk at sea while West Africans moved in to their place and stole their identities.

Look at Juneteenth. It is a holiday from Texas. Can it be that communities closer to the East coast had no cohesive, coherent living memory of emancipation because their families were just arriving in the United States at around that time?

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The only reparations needed are current carbon sequestering reparations from every country in the northern hemisphere, except Russia, to the benefit of Canadian (and probably Russian) citizens. If they want to play the BS carbon dioxide game, Canada sequesters over 10 times the carbon we produce through our huge forest and lake systems. I believe it's actually closer to 15 times and this may also apply to Russia. So, the asshats in China, plus the governments of Europe and the US should be paying Canada and Russia for sequestering their excess carbon dioxide production. This is a current situation, about current BS, not past BS nobody can prove and nobody alive is responsible for.

So if they want to play the carbon BS game or "reparations," lets play it on a level field involving current situations.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

The only reparations needed are current carbon sequestering reparations from every country in the northern hemisphere, except Russia, to the benefit of Canadian (and probably Russian) citizens. If they want to play the BS carbon dioxide game, Canada sequesters over 10 times the carbon we produce through our huge forest and lake systems. I believe it's actually closer to 15 times and this may also apply to Russia. So, the asshats in China, plus the governments of Europe and the US should be paying Canada and Russia for sequestering their excess carbon dioxide production. This is a current situation, about current BS, not past BS nobody can prove and nobody alive is responsible for.

So if they want to play the carbon BS game or "reparations," lets play it on a level field involving current situations.

Cheers - Dave
Way to go off on your own page. I was referring to reparations for slavery in the United States.

While some may be called for, I question whether every present day African-American who claims to be descended from freedmen is necessarily descended from freedmen.

There does seem to be a small but significant chance they are not.

Life may be better here by some measures than West Africa especially if one has become dispossessed of their farm or business somehow or has been the victim of ethnic or religious persecution

It definitely is a current situation because the voices calling for it in our country are increasing.

It is kind of your issue even if they're not presently agitating much in your country. Some of the so-called "underground railroad" might potentially have originated in Africa, not the Southern United States. Suppose it was a front for illegal immigration.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit

Cheers - Dave
Way to go off on your own page. I was referring to reparations for slavery in the United States.

While some may be called for, I question whether every present day African-American who claims to be descended from freedmen is necessarily descended from freedmen.

Life may be better here by some measures than West Africa especially if one has become dispossessed of their farm or business somehow or has been the victim of ethnic or religious persecution

It definitely is a current situation because the voices calling for it in our country are increasing.

It is kind of your issue even if they're not presently agitating much in your country. Some of the so-called "underground railroad" might potentially have originated in Africa, not the Southern United States. Suppose it was a front for illegal immigration.

the only voices calling for it are the propaganda leftist media paid for by the leftist talking heads pushing for racial wars.

AMERICANS do not believe in reparations.
NO REPERATIONS. Nobody alive deserves them....except maybe all proven tax payers who have had money stolen from the government.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncleSo if they want to play the carbon BS game or "reparations," lets play it on a level field involving current situations. Dave
It is still current.

Maybe that's why they sent the "Windrush Generation" home despite promises.

Maybe it was realized that when they were left on Jamaica and the Bahamas, the actual slaves were easily victimized by traffickers and sold abroad.

Those places were probably already well staffed and the ex slaves would have been disorganized and not educated in anything but the tasks they were expected to perform.

Idealists got them free, but maybe pragmatists took over and put them where they could easily be dealt with.

Or not, I don't know.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Wasn't my page lol. Nobody alive was involved in anything that would require "reparations." Hell, I could say I want Newfoundland back because I am part Beothuk, but I don't say crap like that, because it's stupid. Every time I see some BS about reparations, it just reminds me again that the world is full of self entitled narcissistic morons and we are heading towards the Idiocracy faster than even I anticipated. Maybe we really are living on the "surface" transitionally of a black hole, but instead of mass creating monstrous gravity effects where light can't even escape and been seen (outside the event horizon), rather the levels of stupidity are creating a massive moron effect where intelligence, logic and critical thinking can't escape and be used.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncleSo if they want to play the carbon BS game or "reparations," lets play it on a level field involving current situations. Dave
It is still current.

Maybe that's why they sent the "Windrush Generation" home despite promises.

Maybe it was realized that when they were left on Jamaica and the Bahamas, the actual slaves were easily victimized by traffickers and sold abroad.

Those places were probably already well staffed and the ex slaves would have been disorganized and not educated in anything but the tasks they were expected to perform.

Idealists got them free, but maybe pragmatists took over and put them where they could easily be dealt with.

Or not, I don't know.

It's not current. No one is alive that made the decisions and no one is alive that was effected directly by those decisions. How is it current, you got a time machine? Oh wait, you couldn't, I can dispel that notion 10 ways to Sunday, probably without even getting into the grandfather paradox.

Using what appears to be the innacurate logical fallacy/argument that the offspring of A, namely Aa 14 times removed, should pay reparations to the offspring of B, namely Bb 14 times removed, is a ridiculous concept. It all comes down to a bunch of lazy-ass narcissistic self-entitled pricks who think, "oh hell, I don't have to work to get ahead because my great great great great great great great great great great great grandaddy was sold to your great great great great great great great great great great great grandaddy by some great great great great great great great great great great great third party on a continent 5,000 miles away. Seriously lol

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 09:22 PM
link   
OP. they already got reperations,its called freedom to determine their own destiny,and pursue their own dreams in america. their freedom was bought with many deaths.

posted on Feb, 6 2022 @ 10:45 PM
link   
make em prove they deserve it, one at a time. no class action.

most went west to indian territory. or died from disease or starvation. some were taken advantage of and some thought it was better to stay where they were.

they also got sierra leone..

bass reeves. www.legendsofamerica.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2022 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Who should pay reperations?
Half by the people who sold the slaves, the other by the people who bought them,

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180Half by the people who sold the slaves...
There's a small issue with that.

It doesn't absolve us here in the United States, but their ancestors might have known and accepted the deal in their home countries.

The slaves might have been bought at their own bankruptcy auction.

That would mean they borrowed the money knowing it might happen that they would be sold as slaves if they defaulted.

Now suppose what would have happened instead if their lendors had not been allowed to collect on their debts that way.

That's how it should work, but the fact is if credit were more tight, their ancestors might have gone bankrupt before having them and they never would have existed.

posted on Feb, 12 2022 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Look up the history of Liberia.

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

Look up the history of Liberia.
So you think you have a point and expect us to go look for it?

posted on Feb, 13 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: 11SK1180Half by the people who sold the slaves...
It doesn't absolve us here in the United States, but their ancestors might have known and accepted the deal in their home countries.

The slaves might have been bought at their own bankruptcy auction.
My main point is that many things surrounding reparations need more research.

I don't know if they were bought at their own bankruptcy auction or captured or deliberately bred or whatever else.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
OP. they already got reperations,its called freedom to determine their own destiny,and pursue their own dreams in america. their freedom was bought with many deaths.
But most of us didn't have to provide 250 years of free labor to get that.

posted on Feb, 20 2022 @ 08:52 AM
link   
In support of my original point, a study conducted by the DNA testing company 23andme claimed they had found more people of Nigerian descent among a sample of African Americans than the records of the slave trade show.

The company was trying to explain it by saying some South American slaves could have been resold up here but I think my theory is a viable explanation too.

blog.23andme.com... Scroll down to the part that says "Some Surprises" if you want to know what I'm talking about.

posted on Feb, 23 2022 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Of course I had missed the most obvious reason there could have been turnover just after the Civil war.

Africans would have been fleeing from places with slavery to a country that had just outlawed it.

State and local governments in the South would have been too disorganized to stop them and some of their citizens might have found a way to profit from it such as by helping Africans get past occupying Union forces in exchange for money.

The idea is plausible enough to need research.
edit on 23-2-2022 by Solvedit because: added clarity

new topics

top topics

join