It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Living on the fringe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I came across that word „fringe“ a lot lately on ATS, and I’d love to share some thoughts on it. 

It is the outermost part that is somewhat socially acceptable.
Most see it as extremely off, just a little further, and you would fall off the earth.
Fringe is sort of defined by the horizon the herd is able to see.
That's what is socially acceptable, it’s the commonly accepted truth, even though you are not part of the herd, they still see you and therefore have to accept it as a reality. At least, that it is a place where one can live a life.

What I found to be interesting is that, once you reach the fringe, you realize there is a vast landscape beyond that horizon.

There are those that just wander off never to be seen again, then there are those that go back uncomfortable with the truth, they shut up and go along. Who wants to be alone in an unknown world anyway.
Then there are those that stay on the horizon, yelling to the herd how the world appears differently from their point, and how little they have seen.

The herd just shrugs it off as one of the delusional fringes loosing it again.

I’ve been moving towards the fringes, since I started to question the reality that has been pulled over my eyes.
It started slowly, realizing first that our economy is not doing us any good, that money more often than not is the cause or at least the motivator for countless heinous acts.
This is a windy road which explained the socio-economical dynamics very well, yet it was more of a sightseeing tour, it did not lead out of the herds comfort zone, but I got to see a couple of roads that lead out.

Many had names like, spaghetti monster abbey, Lizard road, electric universe avenue, Revolution street, flat earth drive…

I tried to follow some of these roads, it’s just the traveling companions I met on them did not make me want to go there, so I decided to make my own path to the fringes. At times, I cross others path, I exchange take what the other has learned and move on. Sometimes I wander along on some established path, but soon enough I find myself craving for the unknown.
The path that only appears behind me is where I feel most satisfied. Have you gone to the fringes, and what path did you take?

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

Being on the fringe can give you a better view of what lies in front of you, and what may lie beyond.

When you are caught up in the center of the herd, you are extremely limited in what you can see, hear, or smell.

Those that live in the towers may have an even wider view, but they are usually surrounded in mass by all those they rule from above. They have no real contact with those below, and no matter how they try, those below will always look like ants to them.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

What good is this amazing view from my ivory tower, if I can't leave without being affraid of the herd.

I will only see the beauty from afar ever.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

At least the cookies are better here!

The great fascade is also easier to view from this distance.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

What good is this amazing view from my ivory tower, if I can't leave without being afraid of the herd.

I will only see the beauty from afar ever.

They either grow comfortable in their towers with no desire to leave their Elysium, or they know with confidence that even if one ant stands up, the rest will knock it back down.

And those puny little ants, though they outnumber them a hundred to one, will always be too afraid to ever figure that out. If they do, there goes their way of life!

It's not about food. It's about keeping those ants in line.

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I think it's down to a persons nature, some people live on the fringe because it fits with who they are, the rest are just bigots

posted on Jan, 31 2022 @ 12:51 PM
link   
science is all about living on the fringe.

if you have an occupation which utilizes tools considered to be scientific tools
you are not necessarily living on the fringe.
We can see this with medicine where Doctors, using the tools of science, practice the art of politics, following the rules of bureaucrats. Most medicine today is practiced by modern witch doctors.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Smigg

I think it's down to a persons nature
that might be the case.

I found it most amusing that overtime new herds would form on the fringes behaving exactly like the flock they left... With a shepherd, the wolf in sheep's clothing, and some even have their proper slaughterhouse, they are probably the ones that get most of the flak.

posted on Feb, 1 2022 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sraven

I've tried, but I don't get your line of thinking. not that I disagree with what you say, but I cant find a way to tie it to the OP.

top topics

join