It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's been a long time. What's with these asteroids?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Hello everybody.

I'm a long-time reader from way back in the days of 2012. I had an account back then but haven't been able to ever get back into it.

I made this account today because I have stumbled on something interesting via an asteroid tracking app called Asteroid Alert. It is available on the Google Play store.

I am not sure what to make of these screenshots that I've grabbed from this app because I can't bring you a screen recording.

Each dot is an asteroid. The dates are in the lower right of the pictures. What's going on with all of these asteroids that are surrounding us right now? The first two pictures show what seems to me is relatively normal, while as we look today we are absolutely swarmed by asteroids.

With June 1st being an important day for UFOs, wouldn't it be crazy if all of these asteroids are actually UFOs? Wishful thinking, I'm sure. But seriously what is going on here? Can someone who knows more about this kind of stuff assure me that this is normal? lol

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Swo0p

Is that really actual? The reason I ask is it says Simulation on it

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: HONROC

I hope that it isn't real tbh lol. It's my understanding that these are simulations based on trajectories of real NEOs. In the app, each dot can be labeled, and cross-referencing these asteroids with their locations in Google, so far, has been consistent with the app.

I'm so new to this so I'm really hoping someone can give me more info too.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 09:43 AM
link   

It is strange how they are all coalescing

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 09:58 AM
link   

What happens if you keep going out past 6/1?

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: HONROC

They just continue on their trajectories and it eventually returns to a more spread-out grouping similar to the first two pictures.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Amazing find! This is a real mystery.
I downloaded the app and it does exactly that.
I went back as far as 1990, and as far forward past 2040 and that's the only point at which they ever condense like that.
Eerie doesn't begin to describe it.

Are there any other apps or websites that function the same way?
If thos is true data then something is very strange here

edit on 31-5-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Hey ... thank you for coming back with this.

I am watching, and trying also to figure it out. Weird. I almost cannot believe it, and think it can't be true, but if it is, it SURE is FAR outside of the statistical norms!

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Here's a video I captured from my tablet off the Asteroid Alert app

Shows a bit before and after to compare the scatter and strange condensing
Begins heavily around February and continues up until about tomorrow and then falls off
Very odd
ETA: Here's a 3D view so you can better see, they appear to be headed straight at Earth

edit on 31-5-2021 by ADAMandEVIL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 11:35 AM
link   
That's something phage could shed some light... Let's hope he joins in soon, that's quite a mystery and a very very good reason to join.
Congrats for your intro thread being a proper mystery, glad you joined!

Here is a link to the nasa jet propulsion lab. Near earth orbit studies, I'm sure you can cross reference the data and see if it is accurate.
NASA JPL NEO
edit on CDTAmerica/ChicagoMon, 31 May 2021 11:40:31 -0500pAmerica/Chicago5America/Chicago by Terpene because: Add link

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

Could this condensing be secondary or associated with the Arietids meteor stream / shower?

www.spaceweather.com...

It happens about the same time, give or take -- I wonder if?

Edited to add: but if it WAS secondary to a meteor stream, we should have seen this type of condensing often in the past and future, and I cannot find a similar event. So probably not the Arietids?
edit on 31-5-2021 by Fowlerstoad because: added an afterthought. I cannot see a good reason for this, and still wonder if the data is correct, but wow regardless

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Just tell me when the earth blows up.. date ?

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

Just tell me when the earth blows up.. date ?

Watch the video of it posted above, it’s pretty crazy. Hopefully just viral marketing. Lol

I guess we’ll know in the next day or two. Maybe when they all converge on us a banner will pop up on the app and say “Independence Day 3” coming to a theater near you!

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies, y'all. I'm both glad and a little disturbed to find out that I'm not the only one left scratching their heads over this.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 03:07 PM
link   

maybe this Asteroid Day TV Launches 1 June Kicking Off The Countdown To Asteroid Day 2021 30 June

edit on CDTAmerica/ChicagoMon, 31 May 2021 15:08:16 -0500pAmerica/Chicago5America/Chicago by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL
Here's a video I captured from my tablet off the Asteroid Alert app
. . .
ETA: Here's a 3D view so you can better see, they appear to be headed straight at Earth

That's fascinating! I wonder if they should easily be seen from earth. It seems like they ought to be, swarming that close and all.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Hello, welcome, and always keep your eyes on the skies.

posted on May, 31 2021 @ 11:12 PM
link   
nm
edit on 31-5-2021 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Have you tried asking the makers of the app?

posted on Jun, 1 2021 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Keeping an eye on this thread until some answers pop up. Thanks OP!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join