It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cool video of bees protecting other bugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   
The Amazon forests...
A treehopper insect is hanging out with her babies, when a deadly assassin bug shows up. The poor treehopper is defenseless against the assailant, so she signals the bees, who come to her aid. They chase off the assassin bug and save the day. The treehoppers pay the bees with honeydew. The honeydew is a sugar-rich liquid that the treehoppers excrete from a gland on their backs.

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger2

I know what my next nightmare is going to be about; thanks for the spoiler alert!

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

I know what my next nightmare is going to be about; thanks for the spoiler alert!

A giant assassin bug chasing you?

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

originally posted by: nugget1

A giant assassin bug chasing you?

posted on May, 18 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I have worked outdoors a lot in my life. I am not afraid of bees or bugs unless I damage their nests. They seem curious, and of course cautious, but they seem to be pretty decent if you treat them with respect. Just don't pee under a wasp nest, the queen comes out and tells the guys to go chase you away. I would not want someone peeing outside my door if it was open all the time. The wasps mad a buzzing sound with their wings and I backed away slowly. I was vulnerable with my fly open and something hanging out, I wasn't about to start arguing with them.

top topics

join