It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jean Michel and Brian May Live from Bratislava

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Youtube from 8pm CET.

spectator.sme.sk...

Plus its got a UFO bridge in it.

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

Sounds like it's going to be spectacular.

Found the Youtube live link for it...

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 03:44 PM
link   

This was amazing! Thanks for sharing the link!

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   

WOW!!

I never even really got into the guy, but that was absolutely incredible!!! Just incredible!

And Brian May made sounds come out of a guitar like I didn't think possible.

Honestly, that show likely rivaled any Pink Floyd concert, and that's saying something!

I tuned in to that and thought I'd watch it for 5 minutes, and here I am, awestruck, two hours later! HOLY COW!!

From a technology perspective alone, that was off the rails. And...there were hardly any people there; don't know why. The drone swarms, lasers and display work was just incredible. The laser deal with Jarre in the encore was pretty amazing too; the pitch of the note changed with the elevation of his hands (not sure how they did that). I get how they could generate the note, but not change the pitch and intonation (vibrato as well).

I hope that stays up on YT because I may have to watch that one again!

edit on 5/12/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thank you for posting that, Encia22! Your link was the one I watched, and that was just fantastic!

Thank you again!

edit on 5/12/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2024 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Glad you enjoyed it.
The Laser Harp has been around for years and has been known to fail, hence the "Just checking it works" prior to playing.
Plus Brian May called him Jean Paul, what a wally

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: WhiteRabbitCanada

And a post event interview with Brian May ....

www.musicradar.com... -his-jean-michel-jarre-live-collaboration-and-it-paid-off-big-time

posted on May, 14 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I haven't seen it but I've been a huge fan of May since Queen 2 came out 50 years ago. Early records are full of experimental guitar tones and layering techniques that are innovative and lovely. Nobody could make an electric guitar sound sweeter than May. Lucky he is still around and creative. God bless the man, I have enjoyed countless hours thanks to his devotion to his craft.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 03:59 PM
link   
After watching I wasn't terribly impressed. i haven't listened to Edm since Prodigy and May does some of his stock tricks using 2 tape delays like the Brighton Rock solo and the tapping intro to Who wants to live forever. I'm past light shows but there were a few really good musical moments like when the orchestra and choir joined in.

top topics

join